Author Topic: It's too early to talk draft but some positive observations  (Read 82536 times)

Re: Its to early to talk draft but some positive observations
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 12:43:25 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
I want this guy for our Clippers pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKGKa0qz1h8

- One of the best shooters in the country. Deep threes are no sweat for him.
- Excellent length for a 2 guard 6'5" with 6'9.5" reach
- Frail body but very active on defense 2.4 STL and 1.1 BLK per 40

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Frail bodies scare me.  Lot more broken pipecleaners out there than Reggie Millers.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 02:13:26 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I just read the DraftExpress weaknesses on Myles Turner and he sounds like someone the Celtics need to stay away from.  Now, I don't know how accurate these reports  are and I haven't sen him play so it's all I can go on but "Slow, runs awkwardly, can't recover".  That's the exact opposite of what the Celtics need.  AM I missing something on him? 

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I just read the DraftExpress weaknesses on Myles Turner and he sounds like someone the Celtics need to stay away from.  Now, I don't know how accurate these reports  are and I haven't sen him play so it's all I can go on but "Slow, runs awkwardly, can't recover".  That's the exact opposite of what the Celtics need.  AM I missing something on him?
After reading about him as a shot blocking center I thought he would be a good pick. Then I watched him play.

He reminds me of Perk in that he is big, and strong with long arms, but his movements don't look fluid. I am not a fan.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 02:29:32 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
There is a freshman center at UNLV that I find interesting. I think he is second in the nation in blocked shots. He probably sucks, but his name is Goodluck and he is from Boston. What's not to like?
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the fact that you say he probably sucks

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 03:01:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
the fact that you say he probably sucks

Hahahahhaaha
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Watched a bit of yesterdays game, Turner looks to be a mixed bag. Though he only had 5 pts he seems to have a diverse skill set on O and a great feel for the game. He looks comfortable passing and moving without the ball, not just posting up. The bad is the awkward way he runs on top of being slow it just screams injury risk to me.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
After reading about him as a shot blocking center I thought he would be a good pick. Then I watched him play.

He reminds me of Perk in that he is big, and strong with long arms, but his movements don't look fluid. I am not a fan.

He look's like he going to take a faceplant every time he moves. Size 22 feet can get in the way when your trying to move around the screens.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 03:19:06 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
There is a freshman center at UNLV that I find interesting. I think he is second in the nation in blocked shots. He probably sucks, but his name is Goodluck and he is from Boston. What's not to like?

haven't seen him play, he obviously can block shots and has good size 6'10 with 7'2.5" wingspan. However it worries me that he is a 20yr old freshman and isnt putting up much for numbers other then blocks.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Just draft everybody on Kentucky.  :)

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 03:33:44 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Kevin Looney from UCLA is having an intriguing start. Kind of a pf with wing skills, which we may already have but he's a strong rebounder and very athletic. Looks like he's making a big leap and trying to live up to his loftey Durant Comps.

Also definetly keeping an eye on Amida Brimah as a potential rim protector with the clips pick and Chris Walker if he can learn how to play basketball.

Of the top, Towns would be the best, Okafor and Sullinger wouldn't work although if BPA I'd take Okafor, Mudiay would be incredible although not sure he's a CBS player. Would be thrilled with Stanley Johnson and Oubre would be our most creative scorer. Turner has the most to prove IMO but if he pulls it together he'd fit this team like a glove.

I'm watching Looney on ESPN2 right now and initially he strikes me as more a hybrid 4 like Marion than a Durant type. He just looks a little too sloppy to be a 3. He's still 18, though. They have him playing down low and he's holding his own defensively and on the boards. Like you said, he's a bit redundant but if we're going to be blasting this team back to the stone age via trade(s), I don't see what position he plays mattering much.

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Some matchups to watch in the next few days,

tonight at 7 on ESPN 2
              St Johns vs Gonzaga, Obekpa is a 6'9 super athletic shot block who has alot of NBA defensive potential going up against a very solid group of Gonzaga bigs including Sabonis son Domantas (project a future 1st rd pick, Kyle Wiltjer (UK transfer), and giant center Karnowski. Obekpa could potentially be available in the early 2nd and would make for a nice long term project. 

sunday at 12 on ESPN 2
             Texas vs UCONN, Brimah vs Turner should be interesting. Brimah is not there yet but he has all the physical tools to be a starting caliber NBA big. Turner was underwhelming when I watched him play vs Iowa so this matchup will be another good indicator if celtics fans should be hoping for him in the draft or not.   

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 09:32:48 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
+1
This thread was a great idea.
Looks like (just like last year) Danny picked a good year to tank. If we get away from the draft with a legit big and a scoring SF I will be more than happy, and from the talent available it looks we have a pretty good chance of realizing our ambitions  ;D

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 07:44:19 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Some matchups to watch in the next few days,

tonight at 7 on ESPN 2
              St Johns vs Gonzaga, Obekpa is a 6'9 super athletic shot block who has alot of NBA defensive potential going up against a very solid group of Gonzaga bigs including Sabonis son Domantas (project a future 1st rd pick, Kyle Wiltjer (UK transfer), and giant center Karnowski. Obekpa could potentially be available in the early 2nd and would make for a nice long term project.

Obekpa looks like Ben Wallace minus 25lbs of muscle, alot of potential if he bulks up but also a ton of bust potential.

Sabonis will be a good NBA player he looks like a kid who will fill out and have good size and skill at the 4.

sunday at 12 on ESPN 2
             Texas vs UCONN, Brimah vs Turner should be interesting. Brimah is not there yet but he has all the physical tools to be a starting caliber NBA big. Turner was underwhelming when I watched him play vs Iowa so this matchup will be another good indicator if celtics fans should be hoping for him in the draft or not.

missed the game

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet