Author Topic: It's too early to talk draft but some positive observations  (Read 82585 times)

Re: It's too early to talk draft but some positive observations
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
My Top 6 goes

Jahlil Okafor
Stanley Johnson
Justice Winslow
Karl Towns
Kelly Oubre
Emannuel Mudiay

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Guys that I predict will make good NBA players...this would be after a couple years in the league

1. Towns
2. Myles Turner(pf)...reminds me of LMA
3. Cliff Alexander....reminds me of Shawn Kemp
4. Stanley Johnson
5. Okafor

From what ive seen Turner doesnt look any where near as smooth as LMA and doesnt have the mobility to play PF

Alaxander not the same level of athlete Kemp was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:57:09 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2014, 07:45:49 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I'd throw Aleksandar Vezenkov in the discussion for our own 2nd rounder or the Wizards one (if it falls to us).
Plays in the Greek 1st league (a good league for the European standards) and leads his team in scoring with 16.8 (55% from the field and 48% from 3p) and rebounds with 8.6.
http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Greece/Aris_Thessaloniki/186?Page=3

6'9, long arms, more of a SF then PF. Still 19.

He is in the running for best young European player: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_vnPObrlNGXoyO9yRvHvd83.coid_v,rO5QrkGWAWA5p5o2qKF3.articleMode_on.html

We can end up having 5 picks in this draft and cannot possibly sign all of them in the same year. Vezenkov is the ideal draft and stach candidate - very young and talented, body still needs work. He can stay in Europe for an year or 2 and come to play a similar role as Mirotic for the Bulls.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
My top 3:

-Towns
-Winslow
-WCS

In my oppinion Towns has superstar potential beacause of that physicals combined with skill.

Winslow reminds me of Kawhi Leonard defensivly and he seems to add a reliable jumper to his game.

Cauley-Stein is just a physical freak, but his lack of confidence lowers his potential a little bit.
But he could turn out to be a defensive anchor in the NBA.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:59:13 AM by DrJasper »
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:23 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Surprised a lot of people have Oubre on their list, he has been a major disappointment for Kansas.  Only getting 10 minutes a game for a guy that was that highly recruited is crazy.  Apparently he is having trouble picking up the defense....

I bet he drops a lot...

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2014, 01:47:45 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Surprised a lot of people have Oubre on their list, he has been a major disappointment for Kansas.  Only getting 10 minutes a game for a guy that was that highly recruited is crazy.  Apparently he is having trouble picking up the defense....

I bet he drops a lot...

Already predicted to stay at Kansas another year by NBA Draftnet. That said, I doubt they really know anything.

UCLA v Kentucky at 3:15 this afternoon on CBS. I recommend all that are able to watch to do so, as you never know when Danny is going to call you prior to the draft and want to pick your brain about this prospect or that one.

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2014, 01:52:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I'd throw Aleksandar Vezenkov in the discussion for our own 2nd rounder or the Wizards one (if it falls to us).
Plays in the Greek 1st league (a good league for the European standards) and leads his team in scoring with 16.8 (55% from the field and 48% from 3p) and rebounds with 8.6.

He is in the running for best young European player: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_vnPObrlNGXoyO9yRvHvd83.coid_v,rO5QrkGWAWA5p5o2qKF3.articleMode_on.html

We can end up having 5 picks in this draft and cannot possibly sign all of them in the same year. Vezenkov is the ideal draft and stach candidate - very young and talented, body still needs work. He can stay in Europe for an year or 2 and come to play a similar role as Mirotic for the Bulls.
well, if nothing else, having ainge draft him would make greece666 very happy.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

He is in the running for best young European player: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_vnPObrlNGXoyO9yRvHvd83.coid_v,rO5QrkGWAWA5p5o2qKF3.articleMode_on.htmlWe can end up having 5 picks in this draft and cannot possibly sign all of them in the same year. Vezenkov is the ideal draft and stach candidate - very young and talented, body still needs work. He can stay in Europe for an year or 2 and come to play a similar role as Mirotic for the Bulls.
I was p*ssed when he didn't come to PAO over the past summer. He said no because he thought his development and playing time might get stunted on PAO. He's a talented kid but kind of a tweener. I don't think he's gonna end up as a 3 though because of his athletic limitations, at least in the NBA. Depending on how he fills out, he seems like more of a stretch 4 type to to me. He can shoot the heck out of the ball but he isn't a very good athlete. He's still only 19 so he could still grow another inch or so. Time will tell I guess.

But while we're on the subject of players in Greece, I think an interesting prospcet to keep an eye on is George Papagiannis. . He was being recruited by the likes of the U of Maryland and U of Penn but he decided to sign with PAO in Greece. I believe he can opt out of his contract and enter the draft in 2015 but I''m not sure he will. He's a legit 7 footer and pretty skilled for his age. He's the youngest player to debut in the Greek league ever (at age 14). I dont think he'll enter the draft this year personally but I think he's gonna get more attention soon.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:08:41 PM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2014, 03:54:17 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff

I bet he drops a lot...

Already predicted to stay at Kansas another year by NBA Draftnet. That said, I doubt they really know anything.

UCLA v Kentucky at 3:15 this afternoon on CBS. I recommend all that are able to watch to do so, as you never know when Danny is going to call you prior to the draft and want to pick your brain about this prospect or that one.

22-0 KY. Mercury Morris is watching this and getting anxious.

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I bet he drops a lot...

Oh man, UCLA laying an egg.  0-17 from the field up to now.  Yikes.

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff

I bet he drops a lot...

This is embarrassing. It's like watching the Tyson-McNeeley fight, if they didn't step in and end it right off the bat.

edit: But at least UCLA got on the board finally.

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I bet he drops a lot...

This is embarrassing. It's like watching the Tyson-McNeeley fight, if they didn't step in and end it right off the bat.

edit: But at least UCLA got on the board finally.

26-2 now 1/2 way through the 1st half.  I have never heard of a decent major college program shooting this badly ever.  It is like a car wreck you can't take your eyes from.   I may have to search the web for the worst all time fg% for a team and see where this ranks.

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
41-7 at the half.  Kentucky has more blocks than UCLA has field goals...7-3.  Kentucky's size is killing UCLA. 

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2014, 04:27:30 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Again completely wrong on WCS, he has improved a lot. Bet he goes top 5 on draft night.

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2014, 04:33:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
WCS looks great.  He's defending 3 positions, running the floor, finishing alley oops, rebounding, and blocking shots.  He'd look great on the C's, but as you said, he could go top five and not fall to the C's.