Author Topic: hibbert  (Read 1718 times)

hibbert
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:27:19 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Do you guys think Kelly O & our cleveland and clippers 1st's are enough to get Roy Hibbert?  If we want to compete now we need need need a rim protector.  I know a lot of people don't like Roy but he would fill a need.  On top of that Rondo would get him at least 10 points a game.  Roy would be a good fit with rondo.  I didn't like the idea of hibbert in green so much either but coming around to it.  Don't want to but, might be willing to work Avery Bradley into a trade too considering that Marcus is the better choice and we dont have that many valuable trade assets.  Right now would be a pretty good time to buy low on the big guy.  Let me hear your guys ideas for Roy. 

Re: hibbert
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 11:50:41 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
we aren't competing even if we had Hibbert, we would still need a closer/go to guy, reliable defenders and 3pt shooters.

Why give up young talent and picks for him when we can just sign him as a free agent in the off-season and not give up anything?

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 12:21:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If you can make a reasonable trade for Hibbert you do it. It doesn't matter if he is not a go to guy, he is one of the best rim protecting centers in the league and a key piece to build a team around.

I would trade Sully, Bass, Bradley, and a future first for him.

Use the core of Rondo, Green, and Hibbert to try and attract a go to franchise guy at SG or PF.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
we aren't competing even if we had Hibbert, we would still need a closer/go to guy, reliable defenders and 3pt shooters.

Why give up young talent and picks for him when we can just sign him as a free agent in the off-season and not give up anything?

I agree with the general sentiment of the post and the first paragraph especially.

We would have to wait till 2016 summer to sign him though. I think his contract runs till then, and Rondo will have wasted 2 years of prime-time.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think it will take AB and Sully and pick for Roy.   Larry is no dummy.

I think we would be closer as Hibbert is an elite shot blocker maybe you forgot that.  I agree on the other points.  We are not one piece away.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 12:57:10 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
If you can make a reasonable trade for Hibbert you do it. It doesn't matter if he is not a go to guy, he is one of the best rim protecting centers in the league and a key piece to build a team around.

I would trade Sully, Bass, Bradley, and a future first for him.

Use the core of Rondo, Green, and Hibbert to try and attract a go to franchise guy at SG or PF.

I know that when someone proposes a trade, it doesn't necessarily mean it would work (although it looks pretty fair on both sides), or that it would even be offered...

That being said, I got pretty excited at the offer you threw out there. While I do love sully, going forward with rondo, smart, green, Kelly, and hibbert would put us in a great position.

We would still have a few serious trade chips too!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Were one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA.  We dont need a "closer" we need a rim protector.  We don't even need defense, Marcus, Jeff, Avery, Rajon, Sully, Bass all very good defenders.  I do agree that we need a lock down shooter, hoping that James Young turns into one, but a marksmen is someone we would want to go after in free agency.  Wouldn't leave signing a center to chance, especially with Rondo's contract up this summer.  Trading for Roy would be huge in the keep Rondo front, especially since he knows the Celtics can never compete without a rim protector.  I included those two first round picks because they are going to be high firsts and Kelly is not enough to trade for Roy.  Would absolutely not trade Sully for him though.  Kelly is that piece.  If it came down to it had to be sully, no deal.