Author Topic: Rondo for Dragic trade idea  (Read 9194 times)

Re: Rondo for Dragic trade idea
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
It does bear noting that Dragic's assists numbers are pretty obviously being cannibalized by sharing point guard duties with Bledsoe and sometimes running in a three point guard set with Bledsoe and Thomas.  The last time Dragic was the unquestioned ball handling guard for the Suns (which was coincidentally the first time he was made a full-time starter for the course of a season), he averaged 7.4 assists.  That's not elite, but it's pretty good and it happens to be exactly the same number of assists Kyle Lowry averaged last year.  That 7.4 mark is also considerably better than a guy like Kyrie Irving's career numbers.

Point being that Dragic is obviously capable of credibly running an offense and it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

Well said.  Rondo is a GREAT facilitator...probably the best passer in the game.  Dragic is a better scorer and more of a PG/SG hybrid. 
They are both great and I would be happy with either one on the C's long term.  But, that's the million dollar question...would either sign a long term deal with the C's?  I would love to keep Rondo (warts and all) if he would commit to a long term deal but, if he wants to test free agency, then he should be traded. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Re: Rondo for Dragic trade idea
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well said.  Rondo is a GREAT facilitator...probably the best passer in the game.  Dragic is a better scorer and more of a PG/SG hybrid.
Also known as a "more complete player"...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."