Author Topic: Rondo for Dragic trade idea  (Read 9193 times)

Re: Rondo for Dragic trade idea
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 07:55:33 AM »

Offline Boston3334356

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Wouldn't do it. I'd do it for TJ Warren though.

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 07:57:18 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Dragic should be getting at least $15-16 million a year on his next contract if not more.

Yeah, the guy was 3rd string all-nba last year. He's not going to sign for much less than lesser guards have been getting.

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I rather have a starting pg that can make FTs.  No pg in the world prob shoots FTs at a worse rate than Rondo right now

rondo's YRs is certainly a problem....or to be exact used to be a problem but it is turning into a nightmare. but evaluating ft % as more important skill of a playmaker than .... well... playmaking!?   ???

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 08:39:48 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I rather have a starting pg that can make FTs.  No pg in the world prob shoots FTs at a worse rate than Rondo right now

rondo's YRs is certainly a problem....or to be exact used to be a problem but it is turning into a nightmare. but evaluating ft % as more important skill of a playmaker than .... well... playmaking!?   ???
Playmaking doesn't do you much good if you have to be kept off the ball in crunch time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 08:47:05 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Playmaking doesn't do you much good if you have to be kept off the ball in crunch time.

Eh, this is a little overrated. The Cs won a championship, came extremely close on another one, and made numerous late playoff runs with Rondo as their key PG.

I completely agree that at this point it is just weird how bad Rondo is at FTs, but the Cs were just fine with him in crunch time for years before this one.

And as much as I like Dragic as a player, Rondo certainly brings more to the table. Hopefully Danny can off-load our draft picks and decent starters for some real help for Rondo.

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
http://fansided.com/2014/10/06/phoenix-suns-unlikely-extend-goran-dragic/

To Suns: Rondo, Bass
To Celtics: Dragic, TJ Warren, Goodwin, Tolliver (waived)

Sign Dragic to a 4 year at 11 million/per season.

No reason for the suns to do this. They already have Thomas and Bledsoe at big money. At least Dragic can play the 2. Why would they add Rondo?

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 09:08:06 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Ain't happening.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

no it doesn't t you are right. but it will get you till then. A 90% ft version of Telfair is better option ? I don t think so. I can t stand bballers who can t make +60% ft. moreover a guard. but I don t think that ft % is the most important thing for a pg

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:05 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I KNEW THIS THREAD WOULD COME UP!

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 11:21:34 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Ew.  Rondo for Dragic is awful.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I doubt they d consider that ...

Come on. Rondo is a triple double machine. And Mcdonough likes Rondo.

They wouldn't trade Dragic for the same reason we wouldn't trade Rondo....

Man, trying to respond to a sarcastic comment with reason is tough.

Man these triboy trade rondo ideas are getting old, and we are barely 10 games into the season.  Uggg.

Why on earth would the suns trade Dragic at this point?  Laughable.

I know Dragic is better than Rondo. So Suns wont do the trade. But just hoping RM could help out his mentor just this once

I know I would MUCH RATHER have a PG averaging 2.8 assists and 1.7 turnovers OVER a PG leading the league in assists at 12 per game:-)))))))))))))))))))

Smitty77

P.S.  That being said, I do LOVE TJ Warren, as my brother and daughter both graduated from NC State!!!!

You like Rondo's 3.8 turnovers more than Dragic's 1.7?!?!
I would like to have a PG who shoots better than 30% from the FT line.  That's inexcusable. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Man these triboy trade rondo ideas are getting old, and we are barely 10 games into the season.  Uggg.

I know Dragic is better than Rondo. So Suns wont do the trade. But just hoping RM could help out his mentor just this once

I know I would MUCH RATHER have a PG averaging 2.8 assists and 1.7 turnovers OVER a PG leading the league in assists at 12 per game:-)))))))))))))))))))

Smitty77

P.S.  That being said, I do LOVE TJ Warren, as my brother and daughter both graduated from NC State!!!!

I would like to have a PG who shoots better than 30% from the FT line.  That's inexcusable.

+1

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Smitty77

Rondo Ast/TO ratio is still better than Dragic. Depends what you want, do you want a scoring point guard who have a decent or below average assist per game or a pure point guard who runs the team?

I prefer someone who runs the team

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 02:24:44 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
It does bear noting that Dragic's assists numbers are pretty obviously being cannibalized by sharing point guard duties with Bledsoe and sometimes running in a three point guard set with Bledsoe and Thomas.  The last time Dragic was the unquestioned ball handling guard for the Suns (which was coincidentally the first time he was made a full-time starter for the course of a season), he averaged 7.4 assists.  That's not elite, but it's pretty good and it happens to be exactly the same number of assists Kyle Lowry averaged last year.  That 7.4 mark is also considerably better than a guy like Kyrie Irving's career numbers.

Point being that Dragic is obviously capable of credibly running an offense and it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Smitty77

Once again, you love to overshadow the rest of Rondo's game with whatever you don't like, and then act like the rest of it doesn't exist.  Though I'm not sure why you think it adds something to your arguments.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale