Author Topic: Rondo has been looking bad in crunch time  (Read 48666 times)

Re: Rondo has been looking bad in crunch time
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I still can't wrap my mind around 2-10 from the line...

His hands are too big for the ball.

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I never thought I would say this but........"this every once in a while "flashy", ain't making it anymore" and your free throws are absolutely killing us.  we need something more than this in crunch time, sorry Rondo!!!!   

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

hahaha...I think you are kidding?  However, Kawhi Leonard has huge hands and is shooting 85% from the line....so there's that....

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 10:34:25 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I never thought I would say this but........"this every once in a while "flashy", ain't making it anymore" and your free throws are absolutely killing us.  we need something more than this in crunch time, sorry Rondo!!!!

I do blame Rondo for 2 of our losses like the one the other night vs the Cavs on that very last possession. This one he does need to share some blame but not all of it. 2-10 is unacceptable from a guard imo. BUT I think it's how Bradley turns the ball over in critical times either when we are up or tied that leads to them tying us or taking the lead. This is his 3rd real year (I don't count his rookie year cuz he didn't play), he should know better than this and his god-awful one hand chucking pass

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I do blame Rondo for 2 of our losses like the one the other night vs the Cavs on that very last possession. This one he does need to share some blame but not all of it. 2-10 is unacceptable from a guard imo. BUT I think it's how Bradley turns the ball over in critical times either when we are up or tied that leads to them tying us or taking the lead. This is his 3rd real year (I don't count his rookie year cuz he didn't play), he should know better than this and his god-awful one hand chucking pass

rondo does not know how to close out games. Doesnt know how to win without three future HOF. Cant hit FTs. Is like Shaq pg version. What FA is going to want to sign with us?

Please trade Rondo danny.

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
In case people haven't noticed, this entire team has looked bad in crunch time in the early part of the season. 

Rondo's not the only one.   The offensive stagnation, dumb lapses, and poor shot selection have all contributed to this team's less than stellar play in the latter part of games.  Certainly much of this is on the players but you also have to put some blame on the coaching staff.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
In case people haven't noticed, this entire team has looked bad in crunch time in the early part of the season. 

Rondo's not the only one.
   The offensive stagnation, dumb lapses, and poor shot selection have all contributed to this team's less than stellar play in the latter part of games.  Certainly much of this is on the players but you also have to put some blame on the coaching staff.

Thank you.

TP for a logical post.

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 11:04:09 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Rondo's not the only one.   The offensive stagnation, dumb lapses, and poor shot selection have all contributed to this team's less than stellar play in the latter part of games.  Certainly much of this is on the players but you also have to put some blame on the coaching staff.

No I'm pretty sure it's all Rondo's fault I read it on CelticsBlog.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 11:20:04 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
I'm really torn. I like Rondo also, but maybe it's time to part ways and get something in return. If I were Danny, yesterday would have put me over the edge, or at the very least I would give him the next 2 months to start hitting ft's at a 60% plus rate while playing good d or I'd get what I could for him.

For most of the game he runs the team well. It's pretty clear already that he is making Jeff Green consistent. But if he wants a max deal, I just can't see it when he is playing average d at best and his ft shooting has never gotten better.

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I'm a big Rondo fan. I don't know whether its intentional on his part or what. He CANNOT or WILL not stay in front of his man anymore. Maybe he just lost too much after the acl tear. But we have two supposedly above average Defensive guards on the floor and opposing teams penetrate at will.

He looks like he's sleeping through some late defensive possessions. I seriously can't deal.

I saw most of the game. His defense in the beginning of the game was poor (effort wise), his defense after that was pretty good.

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 12:40:10 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

His elbow flying out like a chicken wing before he shoots is his hands' fault?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Rondo does receive more credit when things go well and more criticism when things go bad than he probably deserves.  It comes with the territory when you are the best player on the team.  Rondo gets talked about in the company of Max contracts, being better than PP and KG, being so good he can be the best player on a title team and attract the top FA to Boston.

Rondo going 2-10 FT is different than Avery Bradley throwing a dumb pass and I think it is fair to hold Rondo to that to a point.  My point is that this recent play doesn't mean "Rondo Sucks" but I think what people are questioning is should be "build around" Rondo.

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

His elbow flying out like a chicken wing before he shoots is his hands' fault?
For what it's worth, Shawn Marion, Joakim Noah, and Ronnie Brewer have some of the ugliest releases I've seen, and they still manage to collectively shoot well above .700 from free throws for their careers. I don't think the elbow or the hands have anything to do with it, it's all between the ears.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 01:01:11 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
you just don't pay one a max type money, and he can't make 65% free throws and playing PG...
but that's not the thing that bothered me the most, it's his "defense". Dragic had a field day, schooled him all game long.
can't wait for smart to come back
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I'm a big Rondo fan. I don't know whether its intentional on his part or what. He CANNOT or WILL not stay in front of his man anymore. Maybe he just lost too much after the acl tear. But we have two supposedly above average Defensive guards on the floor and opposing teams penetrate at will.

He looks like he's sleeping through some late defensive possessions. I seriously can't deal.

I saw most of the game. His defense in the beginning of the game was poor (effort wise), his defense after that was pretty good.
what game was that? we had a 2 point lead, and dragic got a layup after a silly screen on the block. that was just one of the highlights
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger