Author Topic: Rondo has been looking bad in crunch time  (Read 48774 times)

Re: Rondo has been looking bad in crunch time
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 11:22:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Has there ever been a worse starting guard with his free throw ability.?

He may well turn into the first guard with a

HACk A RONDO     Strategy by the opposing club

With his poor shooting ....it may not be in the teams best interest in winning to have him on the court in these situations ......

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I like Rondo, but he looked like he was driving the tank at the end of the last two games.  I'm sure Danny doesn't mind.  :)

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:48 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He is not a crunch time player.

He can be a big game player. He has had those games.

But I do not want him shooting last shots.

I remember in 2009 , he was having a great game, Ray Allen had 52 points or something vs the Bulls in the playoffs...

The last shot Rondo wanted bad and it was a horrible possession.

It is just to tough  for Rondo to take last shots. Its not his game.

Even Rondo for last possessions where he has to run the play is bad. I do not know what it is but lots of times I don't even think he should be in the game with under 20 seconds needing a bucket.

I'm on board - big game player, but not a crunch time player. Will keep you in a huge, nationally televised game, but in the end, doesn't have the tools to win it for you. He's shown that for years. Please don't forget his wild performance against Miami in 2012. He was out of his mind...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 03:24:39 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Another Rondo bashing thread? Not surprising......

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 05:06:40 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Not to mention he hurts us when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Bledsoe was playing off him, trying to get into all the passing lanes, and that's the reason why he was able to draw the charge on Green late. If Rondo could be a respectable shooter from the perimeter I doubt that play happens for fear of a wide open 3.

I know somehow the biggest Rondo advocate, we should all know who that is by now, will try to excuse his performance and blame it on everything from the hand surgery to the Garden temperature. He's coming though, pompoms fully in tow.

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 07:12:48 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I like Rondo, but he looked like he was driving the tank at the end of the last two games.  I'm sure Danny doesn't mind.  :)
you know i don't think that is completely crazy idea
keep win totals down during regular season, work on game, go into playoffs just barely and then see what we can do
 ::)

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 07:41:38 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://clnsradio.com/celtics-beat/item/10946-celtics-beat-w-eddie-johnson-adam-kaufman-11-15-14

This podcast discusses just how awful Rondo has been in the last few minutes of close games for the last 5 years.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 08:09:27 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Rondo has looked bad in crunch time, but I don't blame him one second.

I blame Ainge 100 percent for assembling the unbalanced roster he assembled, just so he can get another "high" draft pick in 2015.

Rondo needs a guy he can pass the ball to in clutch situations. Right now, he doesn't have that.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 08:11:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://clnsradio.com/celtics-beat/item/10946-celtics-beat-w-eddie-johnson-adam-kaufman-11-15-14

This podcast discusses just how awful Rondo has been in the last few minutes of close games for the last 5 years.

Just dont play him with less than 5 min left in the game moving fwd

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 08:17:37 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm a Rondo fan but it is clear he is not a fit right now, and that free throw shooting is the worse I have ever seen what did he shoot 2 out of 10? :-X

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 08:41:32 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

I blame Ainge 100 percent for assembling the unbalanced roster he assembled, just so he can get another "high" draft pick in 2015.

Rondo needs a guy he can pass the ball to in clutch situations. Right now, he doesn't have that.

Yes - it's Ainge's fault that Rondo can't knock down shots or free throws in crunch time....makes sense...

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Yes - it's Ainge's fault that Rondo can't knock down shots or free throws in crunch time....makes sense...

As the GM, it's Ainge's job to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players.

If by now, Ainge hasn't figured out that shooting isn't Rondo's strength and that he needs more scorers around him, then he's in the WRONG line of work.

Rondo's shooting inefficiencies didn't seem to be an issue when PP, KG and RA were here.

And now we have a Rondo/Avery Bradley backcourt, where one guy can't shoot and the other guy's shooting is streaky?

That doesn't seem to make alot of sense to me.

The issue isn't with one guy. It's with the make-up of the roster.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 08:48:15 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

Or Rondo could take it upon his self to put the work in and improve his shooting....other guys have done it...Jason Kidd etc....

It's a travesty that he can't break 50% from the line, it's actually pathetic, you could go to a a local high school and grab a kid that can shoot 50% from the line. 

Rondo - is a nice player just not a guy you can build around and his warts really get exposed in crunch time....

As the GM, it's Ainge's job to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players.

If by now, Ainge hasn't figured out that shooting isn't Rondo's strength and that he needs more scorers around him, then he's in the WRONG line of work.

Or Rondo can take it upon his self to improve his shooting?  especially his free throw shooting???  He has been in the league for a long time now and he hasn't improved at the line at all!  It's pathetic and a huge liability in the fourth quarter....

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Or Rondo could take it upon his self to put the work in and improve his shooting....other guys have done it...Jason Kidd etc....

It's a travesty that he can't break 50% from the line, it's actually pathetic, you could go to a a local high school and grab a kid that can shoot 50% from the line. 

Rondo - is a nice player just not a guy you can build around and his warts really get exposed in crunch time....

Or Rondo can take it upon his self to improve his shooting?  especially his free throw shooting???  He has been in the league for a long time now and he hasn't improved at the line at all!  It's pathetic and a huge liability in the fourth quarter....

And that, I agree with 100 percent.

But, he's been in the league for what now, 7 years?

If it hasn't happened yet, chances are it's not going to improve.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
I still can't wrap my mind around 2-10 from the line...