Author Topic: Celtics reunion trade idea  (Read 3622 times)

Celtics reunion trade idea
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:57:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
For fun. How far can this team go?

Lets say by the trade deadline the Hornets are out of Playoff contention, Gerald Green not committed to resign with PHX and OKC looking to trade Perkins.

To Hornets: Sullinger, AB , 1st pick
To Celtics: Jefferson, Gerald Henderson

To OKC: Jeff Green
To Celtics: Perkins, Perry Jones, 1st Pick

To Suns:  James Young, Gerald Henderson
To Celtics: Gerald Green

Celtics Lineup

C- Jefferson
PF - KO
SF - Gerald Green
SG - Smart
PG - Rondo

Bench

C- Perkins
PF - Zeller/Bass
SF - Perry Jones/Powell
SG- Thornton
PG - Turner/Pressey

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:13:07 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Celtics reunion trade idea
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 12:44:24 PM »

Offline rozfather

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I actually like the Idea of bringing back Jefferson but I'm almost certain CHA will not go for it. They love him there and will do anything to have him back. For Perkins. I love him and what he's done for us but he's dead weight now. Totally inefficient, also has a bad contract for his value.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
we'd have to pay more than that to get Big Al back.  always loved his game.

TP for topic. 

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
I would make the deal for Jefferson and then stop right there.  I like Green and Young better than any of the other things coming back.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I would make the deal for Jefferson and then stop right there.  I like Green and Young better than any of the other things coming back.

Agreed. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat but as others have mentioned it will be very difficult to pry Jefferson away from the Hornets. Might have to throw in another first rounder in order to make them bite.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 04:50:19 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

Lets say by the trade deadline the Hornets are out of Playoff contention, Gerald Green not committed to resign with PHX and OKC looking to trade Perkins.

Celtics Lineup

C- Jefferson
PF - KO
SF - Gerald Green
SG - Smart
PG - Rondo

Bench

C- Perkins
PF - Zeller/Bass
SF - Perry Jones/Powell
SG- Thornton
PG - Turner/Pressey

Keeping Rondo and trading Sullinger, one of the best players of this team, does not have sense...

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 05:18:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Aren't trades supposed to make us better?

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
do the trades make any sense? not really. is there any chance of this happening? none.

but kudos for some creative work here, a fun idea, and a thread that's almost assured not to end up on the scrap heap of petty disagreement...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Celtics Lineup

C- Jefferson
PF - KO
SF - Gerald Green
SG - Smart
PG - Rondo

Bench

C- Perkins
PF - Zeller/Bass
SF - Perry Jones/Powell
SG- Thornton
PG - Turner/Pressey

Someone said that we would have to pay more to get Big Al back, but that may not be true.  He truly does NOT fit the Hornets' team that is being built.  Everyone else on that team is made to run, but Big Al makes them a half court team!!  I live about 40 minutes from Time Warner Arena (home to the Hornets) and Big Al's defense is simply BEYOND atrocious this year.  He had a decent defensive year last year (arguably his BEST ever), but he is back to the same old lazy Big Al on the defensive side of the ball!!

A diehard Hornets' fan I work with wondered if we would trade Bass, Green, and a #1 in some convoluted three-way trade with the Hornets and the Suns.  I think he had Bass going to the Warriors and Green and I think David Lee going to Charlotte.  This might help the Warriors be able to afford to keep Draymond Green.

Having seen a LOT of Big Al this year, I don't know if I do this trade.  I probably would, but I would in NO WAY give up our first rounder or the Nets' first rounder!!

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Agreed. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat but as others have mentioned it will be very difficult to pry Jefferson away from the Hornets. Might have to throw in another first rounder in order to make them bite.

Please see my longer post.  IF Charlotte continues to be one of the MOST disappointing teams, Big Al could become the fall guy.  I am already hearing whispers!!  I live in Albemarle, about 30 miles east of Charlotte.  Watch and see.  IF the Hornets lose at home to the Magic tomorrow, rumors will begin on cue!!!  Maybe not immediately about Big Al, but they will begin.  This was a team that many predicted to win close to 50 games. 

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Please see my longer post.  IF Charlotte continues to be one of the MOST disappointing teams, Big Al could become the fall guy.  I am already hearing whispers!!  I live in Albemarle, about 30 miles east of Charlotte.  Watch and see.  IF the Hornets lose at home to the Magic tomorrow, rumors will begin on cue!!!  Maybe not immediately about Big Al, but they will begin.  This was a team that many predicted to win close to 50 games. 

Smitty77
Sullinger, Bradley, and a pick would be pretty good for CHA I think.  Big Al is not all that impactful of a player.  And the Bradley-Henderson swap, is that an upgrade for us because Henderson is longer?  I don't know.

In some ways, trading youth (Sullinger) for a vet (Jefferson) is counter to traditional rebuilding strategy.  I would definitely not give CHA any more than that and I would not be totally surprised if we were able to get it done for less.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Let me be clear.  I would NOT trade Sully to get Big Al!!!  I would NOT trade AB for Hendo!!  Charlotte would have to include a first rounder.  Henderson is horrible.  Avery has been bad, but Hendo is worse.

Smitty77

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Aren't trades supposed to make us better?
No. Trade your young talent to get back our former young talent that is now old, then repeat 2007 by trading our former young talent that now old to NJ for Kevin Garnett. Hey it worked once, let's try it again.

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »

fitzhickey

Celtics Lineup

C- Jefferson
PF - KO
SF - Gerald Green
SG - Smart
PG - Rondo

Bench

C- Perkins
PF - Zeller/Bass
SF - Perry Jones/Powell
SG- Thornton
PG - Turner/Pressey

Keeping Rondo and trading Sullinger, one of the best players of this team, does not have sense...
....what?

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
KO and Big Al would work better than Big Al and Sullinger.

KO is a stretch 4 and big Al loves to live inside the post.   This would be close to a nightmare for opposing teams to try to handle.  Similar to Gasol and Zbo true inside and outside duo

Sullinger is a good player but what we see today is prob what we will see 5 years later.   Unless we are able to get a guy like an ibaka (what are the chances), we will consistently have issues on the defensive end (Sully at times struggling to guard centers or quicker pfs) and also issues offensively (again vs certain matchups he has issues). Not saying KO is much better but he is more versatile and he still has more untapped potential left.

Lastly we got so many picks coming up that a slight risky move like this is really not much of a risk at all.  We could get past the 1st round, then who knows