Author Topic: trade bass for rim protector  (Read 2557 times)

trade bass for rim protector
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 the main problem's the celtic's have right now is our defense. according to http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/11/15/7227143/3-in-the-key-boston-celtics-endure-fourth-quarter-catastrophe-lose-to-cleveland-cavaliers

we have one of the worst defenses in the nba right now. It drops even more during the 4th quarter.

so I use this info to try and trade bass to fill those needs.

So I found explored John henson
john henson is a defensive player who does not score as much as olynyk and blocks a whole lot more then olynyk. henson can be a center. he is 6’11,23 and very cheap. also, john henson has better stats his first 3 years then deandre jordon.   Deandre’s stats.
GP   GS   MIN   FGM-A   FG%   3PM-A   3P%   FTM-A   FT%   OR   DR   REB   AST   BLK   STL   PF   TO   PTS

80   66   25.6   2.9-4.3   .686   0.0-0.0   .000   1.2-2.7   .452   2.6   4.6   7.2   0.5   1.8   0.5   3.2   1.3   7.1

Henson’s stats
GP   GS   MIN   FGM-A   FG%   3PM-A   3P%   FTM-A   FT%   OR   DR   REB   AST   BLK   STL   PF   TO   PTS   
70   23   26.5   4.9-9.1   .538   0.0-0.0   .000   1.3-2.5   .514   2.4   4.7   7.1   1.6   1.7   0.6   2.6   1.6   11.1

henson has about the same in rebounds. he scores way more in points. He has more assist and the same amount of blocks. he fouls less is younger and cheaper. don’t believe my numbers here is where I got them from espy. however, recently his minutes have been drastically cut because of larry saunders. so I think he will be easier to get.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats//id/3442/deandre-jordan
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats//id/6592/john-henson

Boston
trade bass and clippers pick
gets henson

milwaukee
trades henson
gets bass and clippers picks

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: trade bass for rim protector
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think the Bucks are interested in Brandon Bass.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Boston
trade bass and clippers pick
gets henson

milwaukee
trades henson
gets bass and clippers picks

I'd say that gets it done. I think Milwaukee will trade Henson for a mid first rounder. Preferably in that 15-22 range but I think including Bass would probably smooth over any problems with Clippers pick being slightly below that range.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think the Bucks are interested in Brandon Bass.

This.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'm not that interested in John Henson. Not a believer in him. Someone compared him to Brandon Wright in another John Henson trade thread and I think that is a good comparison for Henson. That is about where I expect him to top out as = backup center. He does have potential to be more than that but I do not expect him to fulfill his potential. Disappointed with his lack of progress in his career to date.

Watched him recently and he is still getting bullied by opposing bigs. All this talk about Henson filling out and being much stronger is a load of nonsense. He isn't playing because he doesn't deserve to play. He gets his butt kicked in one-on-one situations and isn't disciplined enough as a team defender to make up for bad man defense. Not skilled enough offensively to make up for bad defense.

Henson still has a long, long, long way to go before he is a reliable contributor on a good team.

Edit: If Tyler Zeller wasn't here, I'd take a punt on Henson as backup center. But with Zeller here, I'd rather just keep the draft pick.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
im not sure the bucks take the deal, but its worth the gamble for the Cs. He at least brings length to the position at a relatively low cost,
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Be nice to have some form of rim protection.  Right now, it is not there.  I love DA but that was a hollow promise.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 04:10:56 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Bass is traded for a rim protector, I suspect the return will be a center who is older than Bass, not younger.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference