Author Topic: Can this kid be a plug in our defensive hole?  (Read 30914 times)

Re: Can this kid be a plug in our defensive hole?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2015, 06:03:49 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
14 Pts. 13 Rebs. 12 Blocks! vs Chicago :o

Taj Gibson can't literally score on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8iVJpei4k
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:13:08 PM by Yenohb »

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »

Offline Capricious

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 15
Watched that game ^.  Was almost unfair what he was doing to the bulls.

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2015, 05:30:07 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Kid is being impressive yet again...

5 BLOCKS in 7 minutes. Yep, that's not a typo. 5 Blocks in 7 minutes.

We have the cap space right? How about we give this kid some money to play for us?

This is from Ira Winderman, respected longtime Heat beat writer. So he won't be a FA this summer and the Heat will have his Bird right in the summer of 16.

Q How long is Hassan Whiteside's current contract? I'm guessing the Heat will not let him get away. -- Chet.

A: The Heat have Whiteside locked into a veteran-minimum, non-guaranteed contract for next season. That's the good part. The concern -- and this is taking a long view -- is that Whiteside could then command the type of salary during the 2016 free-agency free-for-all that would box the Heat out of other possibilities.

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 05:37:45 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Guess we'll have to draft Devin Booker to shoot over him from afar.   :-X

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2015, 06:11:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Kid is being impressive yet again...

5 BLOCKS in 7 minutes. Yep, that's not a typo. 5 Blocks in 7 minutes.

We have the cap space right? How about we give this kid some money to play for us?

This is from Ira Winderman, respected longtime Heat beat writer. So he won't be a FA this summer and the Heat will have his Bird right in the summer of 16.

Q How long is Hassan Whiteside's current contract? I'm guessing the Heat will not let him get away. -- Chet.

A: The Heat have Whiteside locked into a veteran-minimum, non-guaranteed contract for next season. That's the good part. The concern -- and this is taking a long view -- is that Whiteside could then command the type of salary during the 2016 free-agency free-for-all that would box the Heat out of other possibilities.

Fine. Then let's trade 2 first round picks for him, a la Timofey Mozgov. Include Tyler Zeller if need be. Kid is legit.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2015, 08:39:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Whiteside's body language really sucks today!

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

He also has 7 rebounds at the half.  I'd focus more on that, lol. ;D

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2015, 09:00:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

No, I'm actually watching the game and his body language sucks. You conveniently forgot to mention his 1-6 shooting and 0 blocks in the first half with 18 minutes PT.

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
It's the Linsanity syndrome

Once teams figure his strengths and weaknesses out his stock will decline.

The really good star players like KOBE or LeBron you can't stop no matter how well you get to know their game

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2015, 09:10:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

The really good star players like KOBE or LeBron you can't stop no matter how well you get to know their game

I agree to a certain extent with that, but there has to be a reason he's been irrelevant for 99.9% of his career.

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

No, I'm actually watching the game and his body language sucks. You conveniently forgot to mention his 1-6 shooting and 0 blocks in the first half with 18 minutes PT.

Well sooorrrrrry, lol. ;D  I didn't watch the game, but I saw that he finished with 16 points and 16 rebounds, if you don't already know that, so I'll gladly take that stat line any day of the week and twice on Sunday, even if he actually went a game without recording a block.  Heaven forbid that that should happen (sarcasm). ::)

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I agree to a certain extent with that, but there has to be a reason he's been irrelevant for 99.9% of his career.

You mean he was irrelevant because he got injured during his stint and Sacramento and wasn't given a chance to show himself because they have DeMarcus? This is pretty much his "real" chance and is making the best of it.

And as for Linsanity, well, this is different. He's a 7 footer with long arms and good footwork for his size. He may have weaknesses, but give this kid 30 minutes and EASY he will give you 10 points and 8 rebounds, and that's not even a good night. He's just big, long and imposing. They may figure out weaknesses to him and can game plan, but unlike Jeremy Lin, he's still going to make an impact on the boards and defensively because he's just too imposing. He'd still have a positive contribution on the court.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2015, 04:13:43 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

You mean he was irrelevant because he got injured during his stint and Sacramento and wasn't given a chance to show himself because they have DeMarcus? This is pretty much his "real" chance and is making the best of it.

So you're telling me that they waived him because of an injury? You realize that he was cut after returning from injury and playing primarily in the D League? So let's say you're right and they waived him despite his vast potential, this doesn't account for the 3 years that passed since he was cut until he returned to the league. Surely another team, one that doesn't have Cousins around, could've used him. Let's not forget that the Grizzlies also cut him this summer and his agent, despite calling around the league, could only get the Heat to bring him in for a workout.

What I'm saying is that something just doesn't add up. A seemingly talented big doesn't end up toiling in Lebanon unless there are other issues that haven't been revealed. There has to be something that has caused him to be completely irrelevant his entire career.

Let's see how he handles success, rising popularity, increased awareness from defenses, and potentially more money before we all jump on the wagon.

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2015, 11:37:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, so 16 points and 24 rebounds tonight...ummmm, I guess Yoki was right  -  the Cs definitely should have taken a flier on him  :-\

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dallas-mavericks-s013015-story.html

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2015, 11:41:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Yeah, so 16 points and 24 rebounds tonight...ummmm, I guess Yoki was right  -  the Cs definitely should have taken a flier on him  :-\

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dallas-mavericks-s013015-story.html
along with 28 other GMs. its not as if ainge can be singled out here.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva