Author Topic: Who might be a good coach to replace Stevens?  (Read 9954 times)

Re: Who might be a good coach to replace Stevens?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
OP, CBS is here to stay he is not going back to Butler. I think you want him fired so he can go back to Butler. Give it up he aint going anywhere.

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I really like Stevens but he does give up a lot of big leads.  Other than that, I think he's done a great job considering the level of talent he has to work with.   
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 01:43:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I really like Stevens but he does give up a lot of big leads.  Other than that, I think he's done a great job considering the level of talent he has to work with.   

Just have him stay at a Holiday Inn the night before games and it will be all good.

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
replace him? he has turned this team around. one of the most fun-to-watch team in the nba, on the offensive end. The defense is a work in progress
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 02:23:29 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I didn't have much faith in Stevens as a NBA coach when he was hired, but I'm impressed with what he's done in Boston.  Danny is attempting to create San Antonio East and he hopes that CBS is a junior Pop.  I'm pretty happy with our progress thus far...

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I didn't have much faith in Stevens as a NBA coach when he was hired, but I'm impressed with what he's done in Boston.  Danny is attempting to create San Antonio East and he hopes that CBS is a junior Pop.  I'm pretty happy with our progress thus far...

Seems like he does want to model himself after Pop, but to get to that level he needs any one of the following, power and control, a ton of years or experience, or wins to get the credibility that allows Pop to be Pop.

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Might be the worst thread of all time, Stevens has implemented his system this year with little talent and has our team top 3 in many statistical categories, has our team winning by 20 almost every game and then blow it or has our guys fighting to the very end, it's not his fault there is not a go to scorer on this team.

I thought Jeff green would finally step up, but it is set in stone, green is a role player.bl we have no big men downlow to defend and without smart, it hurt seeing kyrie and waiters bring the team back followed by Lebron finishing.

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2014, 04:24:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
what happened to AB's lockdown defense?

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 06:39:38 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
This original post is obviously way over the top, BUT I feel liek Stevens has been prematurely anointed as a "good" or "great" coach. How do we know this? I for one, HATE this soft offensive system. We have low percentage shooters chucking off balance 3's all night. Why not spread the floor with those Bigs who can shoot and have Rondo, AB, and Green attempt to get into the Open Paint? Either through driving or posting up...

He could end up being a good coach, and I hope he does so here, but I think he will end up with a big college job before his contract is up here.

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
This original post is obviously way over the top, BUT I feel liek Stevens has been prematurely anointed as a "good" or "great" coach. How do we know this? I for one, HATE this soft offensive system. We have low percentage shooters chucking off balance 3's all night. Why not spread the floor with those Bigs who can shoot and have Rondo, AB, and Green attempt to get into the Open Paint? Either through driving or posting up...

He could end up being a good coach, and I hope he does so here, but I think he will end up with a big college job before his contract is up here.

You do realize we're third in the league in points in the paint, right? We're also third in points per game. Offense isn't the problem right now, it's the defense.

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 10:57:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we are in the middle of a rebuild and no coach could help us win or become a playoff team with our talent level.   At times our offense hums,  and I think a lot of that is Stevens influence.   Defensively, our bigs are terrible and sometimes I hope we unload both Sully and KO after this year as we build them up and their value.   Both are one way players though Sully can rebound with the best of them but he is horrible in man to man and help D.   KO is bad too.    Zeller is an upgrade on D but not as skilled as either of them offensively though he had a nice game tonight and is shooting well.

You do realize we're third in the league in points in the paint, right? We're also third in points per game. Offense isn't the problem right now, it's the defense.

I concur.

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 11:07:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm not seeing much leadership out of him during crunch time. 

He is too relaxed and too quiet .....he just draws up a play

If it works it works ..if don't it don't

He's cool .....millions coming in regardless

No other coach gets a free pass for losing ......the Buck stops with coach

Playing good 40 minutes and losing ....is no where

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 11:54:41 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Without Stevens we'd have lost 2 more games and be in Laker territory.
He's making our trade assets look good and building an excellent offensive system whilst keeping our biggest trade asset (our pick) as valuable as possible by experimenting with line ups and running plays through certain match ups.

It's another structured tank by Ainge and Stevens is steering the ship.
Soon our good older role players will be dealt and we'll still keep the middle void of any defensive presence next to Sully. Celtics= Lots of points, pumping up stats and making average players look good in a team system.
Front Office politics aside he's a brilliant coach doing the best out of what he has.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.