Author Topic: Cavs (3-3) at Celtics (3-4) Game 8 11/14/14  (Read 81261 times)

Re: Cavs (3-3) at Celtics (3-4) Game 8 11/14/14
« Reply #600 on: November 15, 2014, 12:06:58 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Forgive me if this has been mentioned in the last 20 pages or so, but a nice project for someone who enjoys creating YouTube videos would be to make a compilation of Jeff Green false alarm season ending injuries. You could set it to a rap song that I've never heard of like the rest. Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:02:06 AM by Nerf DPOY »

« Reply #601 on: November 15, 2014, 12:13:25 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
c's have played a VERY difficult schedule so far, and, after blowing some huge leads, are still 3-5. they've already played probably ten quarters of basketball that are better than anything we saw all of last year. the future is looking brighter by the day, tonight was a choke-job by a young team that hasn't found its late-game poise yet. and the refs were brutal as well.

not particularly impressed with the cavs, though, i've watched them play twice now (the other game was against chicago) and the refs favored them heavily in the 4th quarter of both games, and yet they're only 4-3.
they play zero interior defense, and i think  they're in big trouble come playoff time.

« Reply #602 on: November 15, 2014, 12:55:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Great game.  The kids keep getting stats and upping their trade value.  Another vintage LeBron rope-a-dope... dude is amazing.  Fun to watch. 

« Reply #603 on: November 15, 2014, 02:36:55 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Wow----we lose by ONE Freeking Point----after being completely BUTT-SKREWED by the Refs in the 4th Quarter---That Call when Irving threw the ball out of bounds---and they GIFTED him 2 free throws as HE ran into KO----was AMAZING----All Time History of the NBA FAKE/FIX the game Call-----WOWWWWW---!!
that was a game changer.

I'm watching the game now and just watched this sequence of plays.  It was a huge game changer by the refs.  By far my least favorite part of the NBA is watching refs help the league's favorite players and teams.  Sigh

« Reply #604 on: November 15, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
How do you guys think that Turner played tonight?  I liked what he did out there, and 12 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 assists in 26 minutes off the bench is nothing to turn your nose up at.  Even though we lost, I loved our assist total of 34, especially to 14 turnovers, and no one committed more than 3 of them, so that's a definite improvement.  I'll take what I can get at this point.  Btw, I love how Joe Harris is getting calls as a rookie (sarcasm).  Wow :o
Turner had his moments but wasn't thrilled with his 4th quarter performance.

I hate watching him and I don't understand why he was in down the stretch.  The Cavs were going small?  Fine.  I don't care.  Olynyk needed to be in the game there.

Anyways, we played pretty well.  Don't want to be too down.

I do like Stevens overall but the way he messes with line ups at times I don't care for.  I'm not sure what he is seeing in Turner.  Or some others of you are.  I think he overdribbles and absolutely kills offensive flow in what otherwise is a pretty dang good offense with nice ball movement.

I certainly want to see good ball movement, but offense isn't this team's problem—you shouldn't lose when you score 121 points.

But we could have scored more clearly.  Yes the offense was good overall but it wasn't always so consistent.  Stalled in the 4th.  The defense was clearly the issue but that doesn't make Turner flawless.  In my eyes he clearly was not.

And Turner clearly isn't in for his defense.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #605 on: November 15, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I was at the game I wuestion CBS rotation 2nd quarter and 4th, I think he put rondo back in too late, and idk why he didn't keep sully and Kelly together final 6-7 minutes, nor why he didn't have Avery on Kyrie in the 4th. All changed the momentum of the game and we couldn't recover. We knew we wouldn't be able to stop Lebron down the stretch, we needed to have our best ayers on the court the final 7 minutes, and timeouts needed to be made when it was cut to 9.

« Reply #606 on: November 15, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Wow----we lose by ONE Freeking Point----after being completely BUTT-SKREWED by the Refs in the 4th Quarter---That Call when Irving threw the ball out of bounds---and they GIFTED him 2 free throws as HE ran into KO----was AMAZING----All Time History of the NBA FAKE/FIX the game Call-----WOWWWWW---!!
that was a game changer.

I'm watching the game now and just watched this sequence of plays.  It was a huge game changer by the refs.  By far my least favorite part of the NBA is watching refs help the league's favorite players and teams.  Sigh

I was at the game, what a call what a call, and then Lebron had a couple and1s an offensive foul on Jeff green , all weren't called or were phantom calls. I mean still can't blame the referees we let it get to the point. WWE.