Author Topic: my realistic trade idea to improve team and make room for rondo in the future  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 first move
 trade for Michael carter Williams
 money works here http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqtq6tf
boston sends bass and boston 2016 pick
philly sends michael carter williams

why boston
we need scoring and michael carter will aims can score and rebound and make assists. he also was on his rookie year in in philly which means he is bound to put up better stats. we would make him the starting sg because he is 6'6 which is defiantly big enough for a sg.

why philly
it gives them a good pick and follows the gm's philosophy to horde picks.

boston then makes a trade with Milwaukee

boston sends avery bradley
boston receives john Henson

Milwaukee sends john henson
Milwaukee gets avery bradley

Why boston
well Boston has a stack of guards and not enough big men.henson is a center that can be our starter and be decent.he has always been near being great but maybe with a little coaching from brad lye he can be. he is only 23 years old and signed 2 years for like a million dollars. avery bradly has not been shooting great and we shed some cap space.

why Milwaukee
well they would get a good sg for them signed long term
with knight at the point and parker and sf they could really use some good defense in the sg position
plus they  have been limiting bensons minuets because they like Larry Saunders.

Finally
we need to trade jeff green

boston sends jeff green
boston receives  luis scola(non guranteed contract) copeland(one year deal) and pacers 2015 1st round pick top 5 protected.

Indiana sends luis scola,copeland and pacers 2015 1st round pick top 5 protected.
indiana gets jeff green

why boston
well we get a potential lottery pick,clear cap room and allows more playing time for james young who needs more of it.

why indiana
well after paul george injury they have fallen a bit in the rankings. This trade gets them to the playoffs. in a weak east. however if Hibbert or green get injured there season is done.

Overal, boston gets a lot stronger with a line up of
rondo/smart/pressly
carter-williams/smart
turner/young/wallace
sully/olynyk/copeland
henson/zeller

we swap picks with indiana and gain two strong young teammates.
this gives us a young foundation without giving up much and shedding cap space.
I think we can sign rondo long term and should sign Michael carter will aims as well. smart will be the 6th man as he should be as a rookie learning the nba and can start when need be. I think olynyk and sully can suit the 4.
with the 1,2 and 4 filled long term I think we should use our lottery pick on the 3 or the 5 based on how well henson does during the season. who knows the possibilities are endless.

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Realistic trade is an oxymoron here

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
I read the first move than I stopped.
It's not realistic at all. You should play some NBA games where you can trade anything for anything. In real world GMs have brains.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I read the poster's name and I stopped.

C'mon man, give it a rest. It's not your forte.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
None of these trades are realistic.  And why would we want to have MCS at the 2?  Doesn't make sense on so many levels.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:39:29 PM by bmac934 »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
3 trades that fall into the "awful" bucket (MCW) the "unrealistic" bucket (AB) or "pointless" bucket (Green).

MCW is not a SG.  he's a ok PG.  he scored as much as he did last year because someone on that disaster of a Sixer team had to.  We're already loaded with SGs that I'd rather have than MCW.

AB for Henson isn't happening.  AB has shown a decline in his calling card defense, poor passer, poor dribbler and a hot/cold shooter.  Henson hasn't shown a lot of consistency yet but this kid's selling points are his height and potential.  Milwaukee would want more.

Green - really?  Scola and Copeland are pointless acquisitions with our clogged PF position and they're not long term pieces.  Green isn't going to move the needle for that team so there's no way they're giving up their 1st this year, top 5 protected or not.  Trading Green leaves us with a severe dropoff in talent at SF.  Turner, Wallace and Young isn't going to get the job done this year.
also, Green can opt out after this year and with George coming back next year and playing SF, I can't see any reason why Green would opt in.  Indy's not going to rent Green for part of a season.

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
yikes...
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I read the poster's name and I stopped.

C'mon man, give it a rest. It's not your forte.

Agreed.

I must have missed the realistic part of this post.

Offline ZoneD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
There's no reality where Philly gives us the reigning ROY for Brandon Bass and a 1st rounder that will likely turn into nothing. I also wouldn't want Scola if he was available at the vet minimum let alone trading JG for him.