Author Topic: Trade to help Charlotte, and Celtics.  (Read 6007 times)

Re: Trade to help Charlotte, and Celtics.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 03:33:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Free Biyombo!... I think that kid will be a really good defensive center once he gets the consistent opportunity.  His per-36  numbers have been solid.  Not a good offensive player, but he can rebound, defend and block shots.   Charlotte has too many big man prospects on that team right now and not enough minutes to go around.

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 02:52:28 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Charlotte definitely says no.  Jeff green will get talks started, and bass would be a solid role player, but its not even close to enough.  You think Charlotte is gonna give up two top ten picks for the expiring contracts of role players and a late first round pick?  No shot.
I can see a conversation happening for bass, ko, green 1st cle, 1st lac; but this would be the absolute least they would take.
But I would definitely be interested in Noah Vonleh, kids a talent.
Charlotte only says no if they're not looking to get better.  Green is the best player in the deal by far.  Bass, regardless of opinions here, is a very serviceable back up PF.   

MKG seems to be primarily a defensive player with very limited offense.  Henderson's star isn't as bright as it was 2 years ago.  seems to have leveled off as a decent back up SG.  Vonleh hasn't shown anything and is yet another PF we'd have to plug into the C hole we have.  Wouldn't see court time on this team behind Sully, KO, Zeller. 

I have no issue with dealing Green and Bass since I don't see them as part of the future here but I'm not seeing any real building blocks coming back to us
@ pearljammer - their two very high first round picks

Green is not the best player by far in this deal.  MKG is a lock down defender, puts up good numbers right now, and is only 21.  His offensive game will grow.  MKG and Noah Vonleh at the very least are extremely young players with a lot of potential.  Also Vonleh has a very solid mid range game too, theirs really no benefit at all to taking bass for vonleh.  Except they gain a little more dependability.  With green they get instant scoring now but the team they have now has no issues on the offensive end.  There is absolutely no possibility that Charlotte gives that up for two role players.  We couldn't even give Brandon Bass away last year, what makes you think Charlotte would give up their new rookie for him?  One more time, this is a ridiculous trade and there is no way Charlotte takes it.
P.S. - Vonleh grew an inch to 6-10 at indiana state; it wouldnt be ridiculous to think he can grow into a center.

Lance Stepheson is shooting very poorly so far in the season. Green can definitely help with scoring and spacing. He's also a very good defender, just as good as MKG, so they won't lose much defense. How do you know that they were shopping Brandon Bass this season? Now I agree that they won't give two young players for Green and Bass, but I believe that a trade involving Jeff Green will get talks started for MKG or Biyombo.

How is Green not the best player in this deal? It isn't even close.

MKG - 9.8ppg, 5.5rpg, 1.3apg, .8bpg, .2spg with no three point shot taking 5 shots per game.

Green - 19ppg, 5.3rpg, 2.3apg, .7bpg, .9spg shooting 43% from 3 and 87% FTs.

Sure MKG will grow and get better, but like people haven mentioned, Green is as good of a defender as MKG right now and his offense is miles miles better.

I would argue that not only is Green the best player in the deal, but Bass is the second best player in the deal.

Agree.  And Bass is very underrated because he's not getting many minutes.  If you give Bass starter's minutes he puts up good numbers and plays good defense.  I would think he'd start over Marvin Williams for sure.  So it's an immediate upgrade for a struggling Charlotte team.  And more of a rebuild kind of deal for the Celtics...

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Charlotte definitely says no.  Jeff green will get talks started, and bass would be a solid role player, but its not even close to enough.  You think Charlotte is gonna give up two top ten picks for the expiring contracts of role players and a late first round pick?  No shot.
I can see a conversation happening for bass, ko, green 1st cle, 1st lac; but this would be the absolute least they would take.
But I would definitely be interested in Noah Vonleh, kids a talent.
Charlotte only says no if they're not looking to get better.  Green is the best player in the deal by far.  Bass, regardless of opinions here, is a very serviceable back up PF.   

MKG seems to be primarily a defensive player with very limited offense.  Henderson's star isn't as bright as it was 2 years ago.  seems to have leveled off as a decent back up SG.  Vonleh hasn't shown anything and is yet another PF we'd have to plug into the C hole we have.  Wouldn't see court time on this team behind Sully, KO, Zeller. 

I have no issue with dealing Green and Bass since I don't see them as part of the future here but I'm not seeing any real building blocks coming back to us
@ pearljammer - their two very high first round picks

Green is not the best player by far in this deal.  MKG is a lock down defender, puts up good numbers right now, and is only 21.  His offensive game will grow.  MKG and Noah Vonleh at the very least are extremely young players with a lot of potential.  Also Vonleh has a very solid mid range game too, theirs really no benefit at all to taking bass for vonleh.  Except they gain a little more dependability.  With green they get instant scoring now but the team they have now has no issues on the offensive end.  There is absolutely no possibility that Charlotte gives that up for two role players.  We couldn't even give Brandon Bass away last year, what makes you think Charlotte would give up their new rookie for him?  One more time, this is a ridiculous trade and there is no way Charlotte takes it.
P.S. - Vonleh grew an inch to 6-10 at indiana state; it wouldnt be ridiculous to think he can grow into a center.

Lance Stepheson is shooting very poorly so far in the season. Green can definitely help with scoring and spacing. He's also a very good defender, just as good as MKG, so they won't lose much defense. How do you know that they were shopping Brandon Bass this season? Now I agree that they won't give two young players for Green and Bass, but I believe that a trade involving Jeff Green will get talks started for MKG or Biyombo.

How is Green not the best player in this deal? It isn't even close.

MKG - 9.8ppg, 5.5rpg, 1.3apg, .8bpg, .2spg with no three point shot taking 5 shots per game.

Green - 19ppg, 5.3rpg, 2.3apg, .7bpg, .9spg shooting 43% from 3 and 87% FTs.

Sure MKG will grow and get better, but like people haven mentioned, Green is as good of a defender as MKG right now and his offense is miles miles better.

I would argue that not only is Green the best player in the deal, but Bass is the second best player in the deal.

Agree.  And Bass is very underrated because he's not getting many minutes.  If you give Bass starter's minutes he puts up good numbers and plays good defense.  I would think he'd start over Marvin Williams for sure.  So it's an immediate upgrade for a struggling Charlotte team.  And more of a rebuild kind of deal for the Celtics...
on board with PJ and Wiley on this.  C's aren't getting better in this deal and are giving up the best pieces.  if you think we have problems scoring at the end of games, wait until you have to endure MKG out there instead of Green.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 03:42:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Free Biyombo!... I think that kid will be a really good defensive center once he gets the consistent opportunity.  His per-36  numbers have been solid.  Not a good offensive player, but he can rebound, defend and block shots.   Charlotte has too many big man prospects on that team right now and not enough minutes to go around.

Describing Bismack as 'not a good offensive player' is like describing Phil Pressey as 'not the tallest player in the NBA'
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 03:46:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Describing Bismack as 'not a good offensive player' is like describing Phil Pressey as 'not the tallest player in the NBA'
agreed.  it's amazing how every player buried on another team's bench is considered a superstar-in-waiting that the C's desperately need to trade every asset they have to acquire.  Biyombo being a prime example.