Author Topic: Trade to help Charlotte, and Celtics.  (Read 6023 times)

Trade to help Charlotte, and Celtics.
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:01:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 To Charlotte, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. And Clippers first.

To Boston, Gerald Henderson, M.K.G., and Noah Vonleh hometown kid.

I really think that Bobcats team could challenge the Cavs and just might beat them.

Which way is the trade unbalanced.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:47:50 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Trade to help Bobcats, and Celtics.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:06:36 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Hornets.  ;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 04:10:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

To Charlotte, Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. And Clippers first.

To Boston, Gerald Henderson, M.K.G., and Noah Vonleh hometown kid.

I really think that Bobcats team could challenge the Cavs and just might beat them.

Which way is the trade unbalanced.

This was posted before. And Hornets say no. Vonleh and MKG have more value than both Green and Bass.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Vonleh is a bust, take that to the bank.

Re: Trade to help Hornets, and Celtics.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Disagree, O.P. Green would help Charlotte tremendously. Kemba Walker, Stevenson, Green, and Big AL, are you kidding me. That would be a nightmare for any team to handle. And they could definitely beat the Cavs this year, and maybe get to the Finals. It's a great win now trade for the Hornets.

I actually think it's a bad trade for Boston.

Re: Trade to help Charlotte, and Celtics.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:10 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Jeff Green is not the missing piece that turns the Hornets into a Finals team.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pass this trade helps Charlotte more.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 10:42:29 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Charlotte definitely says no.  Jeff green will get talks started, and bass would be a solid role player, but its not even close to enough.  You think Charlotte is gonna give up two top ten picks for the expiring contracts of role players and a late first round pick?  No shot.
I can see a conversation happening for bass, ko, green 1st cle, 1st lac; but this would be the absolute least they would take.
But I would definitely be interested in Noah Vonleh, kids a talent.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Jeff Green is not the missing piece that turns the Hornets into a Finals team.

He certainly puts them a further step in the right direction. In the weak East a starting 5 of

Walker
Stephenson
Green
Williams
Jefferson

Is very tough to stop.

Makes the Celtics much worse however, so I'd say no to the deal.

Edit: Wow. Plus Bass and a first? I thought it made the Celtics much worse when it was just Green, add a first and Bass? Yikes. Turns Charlotte into one of the better East teams.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 10:53:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Charlotte definitely says no.  Jeff green will get talks started, and bass would be a solid role player, but its not even close to enough.  You think Charlotte is gonna give up two top ten picks for the expiring contracts of role players and a late first round pick?  No shot.
I can see a conversation happening for bass, ko, green 1st cle, 1st lac; but this would be the absolute least they would take.
Charlotte only says no if they're not looking to get better.  Green is the best player in the deal by far.  Bass, regardless of opinions here, is a very serviceable back up PF.   

MKG seems to be primarily a defensive player with very limited offense.  Henderson's star isn't as bright as it was 2 years ago.  seems to have leveled off as a decent back up SG.  Vonleh hasn't shown anything and is yet another PF we'd have to plug into the C hole we have.  Wouldn't see court time on this team behind Sully, KO, Zeller. 

I have no issue with dealing Green and Bass since I don't see them as part of the future here but I'm not seeing any real building blocks coming back to us

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 11:02:06 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Charlotte only says no if they're not looking to get better.  Green is the best player in the deal by far.  Bass, regardless of opinions here, is a very serviceable back up PF.   

MKG seems to be primarily a defensive player with very limited offense.  Henderson's star isn't as bright as it was 2 years ago.  seems to have leveled off as a decent back up SG.  Vonleh hasn't shown anything and is yet another PF we'd have to plug into the C hole we have.  Wouldn't see court time on this team behind Sully, KO, Zeller. 

I have no issue with dealing Green and Bass since I don't see them as part of the future here but I'm not seeing any real building blocks coming back to us
@ pearljammer - their two very high first round picks

Green is not the best player by far in this deal.  MKG is a lock down defender, puts up good numbers right now, and is only 21.  His offensive game will grow.  MKG and Noah Vonleh at the very least are extremely young players with a lot of potential.  Also Vonleh has a very solid mid range game too, theirs really no benefit at all to taking bass for vonleh.  Except they gain a little more dependability.  With green they get instant scoring now but the team they have now has no issues on the offensive end.  There is absolutely no possibility that Charlotte gives that up for two role players.  We couldn't even give Brandon Bass away last year, what makes you think Charlotte would give up their new rookie for him?  One more time, this is a ridiculous trade and there is no way Charlotte takes it.
P.S. - Vonleh grew an inch to 6-10 at indiana state; it wouldnt be ridiculous to think he can grow into a center.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Green is not the best player by far in this deal.  MKG is a lock down defender, puts up good numbers right now, and is only 21.  His offensive game will grow.  MKG and Noah Vonleh at the very least are extremely young players with a lot of potential.  Also Vonleh has a very solid mid range game too, theirs really no benefit at all to taking bass for vonleh.  Except they gain a little more dependability.  With green they get instant scoring now but the team they have now has no issues on the offensive end.  There is absolutely no possibility that Charlotte gives that up for two role players.  We couldn't even give Brandon Bass away last year, what makes you think Charlotte would give up their new rookie for him?  One more time, this is a ridiculous trade and there is no way Charlotte takes it.
P.S. - Vonleh grew an inch to 6-10 at indiana state; it wouldnt be ridiculous to think he can grow into a center.

Lance Stepheson is shooting very poorly so far in the season. Green can definitely help with scoring and spacing. He's also a very good defender, just as good as MKG, so they won't lose much defense. How do you know that they were shopping Brandon Bass this season? Now I agree that they won't give two young players for Green and Bass, but I believe that a trade involving Jeff Green will get talks started for MKG or Biyombo.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Lance Stepheson is shooting very poorly so far in the season. Green can definitely help with scoring and spacing. He's also a very good defender, just as good as MKG, so they won't lose much defense. How do you know that they were shopping Brandon Bass this season? Now I agree that they won't give two young players for Green and Bass, but I believe that a trade involving Jeff Green will get talks started for MKG or Biyombo.

How is Green not the best player in this deal? It isn't even close.

MKG - 9.8ppg, 5.5rpg, 1.3apg, .8bpg, .2spg with no three point shot taking 5 shots per game.

Green - 19ppg, 5.3rpg, 2.3apg, .7bpg, .9spg shooting 43% from 3 and 87% FTs.

Sure MKG will grow and get better, but like people haven mentioned, Green is as good of a defender as MKG right now and his offense is miles miles better.

I would argue that not only is Green the best player in the deal, but Bass is the second best player in the deal.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'd take PJ Hairston as well

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I don't know if you've seen our roster, but we can't do any 3 for 2 deals.  If I were Ainge, no way I do that deal.  I'd rather have Green and Bass come off our payroll and have cap space than MKG and Gerald Henderson.  Vonleh I'm meh on, but I'm comfortable with the KO, Sullly, Zeller trifecta we have going on at C and PF right now.