Author Topic: Denver needs changes.. could we get involved?  (Read 1568 times)

Denver needs changes.. could we get involved?
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q7lood7

Why Denver does it:
They get rid of two long term contracts in McGee and Galinari and also frees up playing time for hickson mozgov and emerging rookie nurkic at center and pf. They will also possibly receive ad first round pick or two (cavs and clips) for taking on wallace's contract who could still help them in the process.

Why Detroit does it:
They git rid of smith who is not working there and monroe does not like him. It also gives them a legitimate small forward that they are in need of.

Why Boston does it:
Although we take on large contracts we receive two high level athletes and rim protectors that our defense is seriously lacking. In a weakened eastern conference a line up of Rondo Bradley Green Smith and McGee is certainly a great defensive team but also a team that is lethal in transition with sully coming off the bench as a six man.

What do you guys think?

Re: Denver needs changes.. could we get involved?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Denver is getting severely ripped off.  Denver loves gallo, so the long term contracts thing isnt even applicable.  I would barely call nurkic an emerging center.  McGee comes off the bench and hickson & mozgov already get good minutes.  What would denver want with Gerald Wallace and Brandon Bass?  We couldnt move those players if we tried, and we have tried numerous times. And Detroit is getting the short end of the stick too, the only reason for them to do this trade is to get someone who is a legitimate small forward.  Similar contract situations, and Smith is the better player.  Don't see Detroit agreeing to this.  Doesnt make sense at all for any team other than boston.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:10:50 AM by bmac934 »

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 11:01:19 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think I need to think about this a little more.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:20:04 AM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Denver and Boston have similar problems. Both teams have huge amount of depth -- with some questionable fits along the way -- but only so-so starters. Both teams need to trade some of that depth in order to consolidate it and improve quality of starting unit.

Both teams are looking to trade depth for stars. Neither team has stars they want to part with.

So, I don't think teams are well matched to help one another.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:28:09 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I dont like it....

Nuggets are left with a ton of PFs

Celtics are left with 2 players who are overpaid, underachieving, and low IQ. Not the direction I think DA wants this team headed

Pistons, works for them
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 11:34:45 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
As others said, not a good deal for Denver. If and when they are ready to make a move though , they have three very talented young centers, we better be involved.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I don't want to move KO for those guys.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If I'm trading with Denver I'd want Afflalo in return (despite his poor start). He seems to already be frustrated with the Nuggets system and might not be around too long.

I dont know which young player they would want from us but I'd look into something involving Thorton's expiring, Wallace, and a first and the two Philly seconds for Afflalo and McGee. The first gives them a reason to swap Wallace and McGee. They get to save money with Thorton and get the extra second rounders for an unhappy Afflalo.

I doubt they do it, like I said one of our youngsters would probably have to be involved but with their plethura of PFs and our plethura of SGs I would think something could work out.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Fair value but I don't like it.

McGee is a bonehead and not our long-term answer at center. I'd rather bottom out and get Okafor/Towns/Turner or attach a few more assets to that package and get someone better like Sanders (who, admittedly, is also sort of a bonehead), Hibbert, Gasol, etc.

Smith is intriguing but given how little I value McGee, the overall package for what we are relinquishing is not as intriguing.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 12:40:27 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Yeah I wouldn't trade KO for that package, but if they wanted to move McGee for an expiring I would be all ears. I also think Gallo would be a good buy low.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19