Author Topic: C's & Clippers Trade Idea  (Read 1566 times)

C's & Clippers Trade Idea
« on: November 12, 2014, 04:35:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://grantland.com/podcasts/

In the recent Grantland podcast, Simmons and Lowe were discussing the problems with the Clippers.
They agreed that the biggest thing with them is that they sorely need a SF, one that can score, spot up, and defend the bigger western conference 3's (Leonard, Durant, Parsons, Gay, etc.). They agreed that they simply won't get far in the playoffs having Crawford and Redick playing the 2/3 for long stretches of a game. Also spoke about how awful Barnes has been and how he's completely lost faith in his shot (FG 42%/ 3PT FG 32%) .

They spoke about how Griffin and Jordan, despite the fact that they're friends off the court, simply don't compliment each other offensively. Jordan has still failed to develop any semblance of a perimeter game, so it's forced Griffin to be further away from the basket and he's settling for more jumpers than the team would want, which plays to the opponents advantage.

Jeff Green was briefly brought up, but they didn't go much in length at that. So my idea, one that benefits both teams, would be the following:

Boston
Jordan

LAC
Green
Zeller
2015 1st rd pick LAC (they get their 1st rd pick back)
2016 1st rd pick Cleveland

Why for us?
We get a player that fits great alongside Sullinger and Olynyk. He compliments them, and our team, perfectly with his combination of athleticism, size/length, and interior defense. His contract is expiring so he'll probably be looking for a max deal, which means we'd probably need some assurances that he'd re-sign with us.

Note: Trade can't be done for about another month when Zeller is eligible to be traded.

Why for Clippers?
As mentioned above Green fills a major need. Barnes goes to the bench where he is a much better fit. This also provides them with much better offensive spacing and still allows them to have a solid center 1-2 punch of Hawes and Zeller (Baby Davis backs up Griffin).

The 1st rd draft picks may not be high picks, but 1st rd picks are valuable commodities regardless.

Re: C's & Clippers Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It might be nice to pick up Jordan, but I don't think LA wants to send any of their top 3 away, however flawed Jordan may be.  Especially for Green who could bail after this season.

Plus, as you noted, we've got a vested interest in them struggling this year.  So I say let em sink  ;D

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
The clippers lose the best asset, so it's not worth it for them.
Simmons is a fun guy but he's just a fan with a microphone.
BTW he would have traded Rondo already.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 04:41:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Lowe was echoing many of his thoughts.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 04:44:21 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I would do it, but I don't think the Clippers would, because Deandre Jordan is their only defensive big. If he goes, then the Clippers defense would drop.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:48 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Unless the Clips figure they can't win a title with what they have, I can't see them making such a bold move.  Hawes and filler for Bass and a pick seems much more likely.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 04:55:13 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Would do it instantly, Clips would want much more.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

He's hardly alone in that last bit, though.

If you approach the idea that the Clips are looking for a wing and are willing to part with Jordan, it's not an egregious trade.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 05:25:14 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't think Jordan is going anywhere with Doc at the helm.  He's a perfect fit for Doc's system, and Doc believes in his game.