Author Topic: If no Celtics, who be ur favorite team?  (Read 6929 times)

Re: If no Celtics, who be ur favorite team?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
For me it depends upon where I have lived. Born in Brooklyn and was a Dodger fan (even though they had already left for LA).  Grew up 50 miles from NYC and was a New York Knicks fan.  Loved them with that great team of Reed, DeBusshere, Bradley, Frazier etc. Was also a New York Mets fan.  Never cared much for the Yankees though.  I moved to Boston for college in 1976 and immediately became a Red Sox fan. Got heart-broken by Bucky Dent's homerun and never looked back.

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 09:11:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
seattle supersonics.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
If no celtics, I would probably be partial to a few teams, but no heavy favorite...at least that is how I feel about teams in other sports.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
I'm a big Lamarcus Aldridge fan and Damian Lillard has grown on me. I was rooting for them in the playoffs last year. Wes Mathews is pretty cool too
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 09:38:09 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
The team that beat the Lakers.

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 09:45:30 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
For me, it's the Spurs - I grew up with David Robinson being one of my favourite players (always a Celtics fan, but Brown/Radja/Fox didn't do it for me).

Now it is even more magnified watching them play the game almost flawlessly.  I used to be bitter about Tim Duncan, and how we didn't win the lottery to get him, but that resentment has long faded away every time I watch him - he truly is the best Power Forward to ever play the game. 
Don't get me wrong though, when the Celtics play them, I hope we beat the heck out of them, but, I do have a man-crush with that team/franchise (except for Sean Elliot's commentating!).

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »

fitzhickey

Probably one of San Antonio, Utah or Golden State. All 3 have big time Australian players as well as seeming to have likable teams (maybe not Utah) but I would probably jump on the SAS bandwagon.

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Think I would quit the NBA for good.

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Spurs.

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Buffalo Braves

Haha, TP ;D.  As to who be my favorite team?  Yarg, I wish that this question was posed a year ago lol, because I would have said the Nets, because of JJ, Pierce, and KG, or the Pacers, because of Bird, and, before the off court issues, Paul George.  When he crossed up Lebron and dunked on the Birdman, I was al :o.  I guess you could say that I enjoy watching a lot of players, especially ex-Celtics, more so than rooting for other teams.  For example, I love the Greek Freak, but I'll never be a Bucks fan.  Hopefully, I've made some sense, here, haha.  Honestly, I hate every other team, lol, the Lakers, Bulls, Cavs, Heat, Spurs, and Knicks in particular.  Give me the Celtics, or give me death! ;D   

Edit - oops, I forgot the Mavs.

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 10:36:37 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Warriors.

But that's more of a location pick. If I lived somewhere else I maybe rooting for that city's team.

Probably one of San Antonio, Utah or Golden State. All 3 have big time Australian players as well as seeming to have likable teams (maybe not Utah) but I would probably jump on the SAS bandwagon.

I would root for the team Andrew Bogut plays for as well. I watched Bucks games because of him. As long as it's not the Lakers or Clippers.

Never go to LA Andrew...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 10:37:22 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
The Thunder are my second favorite team since they got Perk.  They are a fun team to watch.  And, I still love Perk.

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Is the question posed asking what I'd do if the C's never existed, or have ceased to exist? If it's the former, I don't know; maybe I just never would have followed the NBA. Now if the C's were to be done away with for some reason, I'd probably just stare out the window with the line from Bohemian Rhapsody "I don't wanna die, but sometimes wish I'd never been born at all!...<short guitar solo>" playing on a loop for an undetermined period of time.

As for reality, I'm not a Spurs fan but it's hard not to like that current group, and appreciate just how badly they beat that despicable team from Miami last finals.

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 10:41:30 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
For me, it's the Spurs - I grew up with David Robinson being one of my favourite players (always a Celtics fan, but Brown/Radja/Fox didn't do it for me).

Now it is even more magnified watching them play the game almost flawlessly.  I used to be bitter about Tim Duncan, and how we didn't win the lottery to get him, but that resentment has long faded away every time I watch him - he truly is the best Power Forward to ever play the game. 
Don't get me wrong though, when the Celtics play them, I hope we beat the heck out of them, but, I do have a man-crush with that team/franchise (except for Sean Elliot's commentating!).

Same here. Loved Robinson as a kid after I read his biography and the team became my "Western Conference favorite". Continued to root for them during their battles with the Lakers in the late 90s - early aughts. They basically was/became the franchise I wish the Celtics could be - homegrown stars, unselfish team play, lack of attitude, etc. Sure, it hurt that the Celtics missed out on Duncan and didn't draft Parker (WHY JOE FORTE) but you can only respect what the Spurs' organization has done the past 20 years.

Sure a lot of their success is inextricably tied to Duncan but they also didn't f--- it up. Pitino definitely would have f----- it up because Duncan would probably have left after four years.

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:05 AM »

Offline RRNoLookPass

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
The Warriors. I'm a big fan of Steph Curry and his lights out shooting. If he has better luck with health throughout his career than he did with all those ankle injuries for a while there, I think he stands a good chance at beating Ray's 3p record. (Usually I'd rather not see records that were set in a Celtics uniform get broken, but for the most part, I stopped caring about Ray and his records the day he left for Miami.) I'm also a big Andrew Bogut fan, like a cpl other people who posted seem to be. I like Klay Thompson a lot too, and Draymond Green is a very intriguing, young, defensive-minded player. I've always had respect for the defensive skillset of Iggy as well. So I guess I should just say that I'm a fan of the Warriors starting lineup in general, outside of David Lee haha.

I also like the Grizzlies a lot, but I unfortunately don't have time right now to break down my opinion on the Grizzlies rotation and explain in depth why I like most of that team so much.

It's a tough choice to decide whether the Warriors or the Grizzlies would be my favorite if the Celts did not exist. It's not often that I consider who my "second-favorite" team is. Ultimately, I cannot imagine following the NBA without the Celtics. If I didn't grow up with the Celtics in the picture, I doubt I'd be nearly as much of an NBA fan as I am today.