Author Topic: Thunder (2-6) at Celtics (3-3) Game #7 11/12/14  (Read 55601 times)

Re: Thunder (2-6) at Celtics (3-3) Game #7 11/12/14
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2014, 10:01:08 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Rondo, only guy who really showed up this game

Sully had another nice night. 14/9/5 when I bounced with two minutes left.
true.  decent numbers but really didn't like the 3's he tossed up and I mean he literally just tossed them up there with little chance of making them

Didn't like them either but it's not as if a) our offense was geberating anything better or b) we had a chance to win the game when he started chucking those threes late in the game.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #406 on: November 12, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Brad Stevens looked like a college coach tonight.

he got outcoached.  Brooks knows how to beat us durant or not in the lineup

That's funny.

Yeah let's not get carried away. It's amazing he still has that job - 2  of the best offensive players in the game and no offensive system to speak of. They should hire George Karl.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #407 on: November 12, 2014, 10:03:18 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Only saw the last quarter and a bit.   No defence.   What just happened....    :(

Just sad.

CBS screwed me over this game.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #408 on: November 12, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Rondo, only guy who really showed up this game

Sully had another nice night. 14/9/5 when I bounced with two minutes left.
true.  decent numbers but really didn't like the 3's he tossed up and I mean he literally just tossed them up there with little chance of making them

Didn't like them either but it's not as if a) our offense was geberating anything better or b) we had a chance to win the game when he started chucking those threes late in the game.

Is it me, or is Sully's shooting form on his three point shots not the same as in the preseason?  It looks like he's rushing his shots.

« Reply #409 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...Joey Crawford...!

THATS is how you lose.....that FAT BALD Piece of S*** is as CROOKED as they come...
Every Call he made was Against the Celtics tonight....from the CHEAP Fouls to get KO to the bench, to the BS Foul on Rondo's steal, late in the game---to the Ball off Perk--he automatically gave to OKC---When it was Obviously off Perk....That guy should be kicked out of the league----he personally kept OKC in this game, so they could steal it.

I also HATE Phil Pressey----why did we keep that SLUG, when we had Bynum---?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #410 on: November 12, 2014, 10:49:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I was there on the floor matching ...we played good for two quarters.

Then

Joey Crawford and Reggie Jackson tandom destroyed the defense and flow of the game.

Phil Pressey is too small to play against guys the size of Jackson .    He was abused .

Two streaky shooters got hot for Thunder ,  and with Crawfords awful game .    The Celtics were just lost and seemed to know it.....the crowd knew it.  All the calls went the Thunders way .

KO played really well.......for us to win.....he needed to stay in the whole game ....even if he fouls out.

Could have been a win.....too many enemies tonight

« Reply #411 on: November 12, 2014, 10:59:14 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

Then

Joey Crawford and Reggie Jackson tandom destroyed the defense and flow of the game.

Phil Pressey is too small to play against guys the size of Jackson .    He was abused .

Two streaky shooters got hot for Thunder ,  and with Crawfords awful game .    The Celtics were just lost and seemed to know it.....the crowd knew it.  All the calls went the Thunders way .

KO played really well.......for us to win.....he needed to stay in the whole game ....even if he fouls out.

Yes, it was Pathetically Obvious that Crawford was going out of his way to keep OKC in the game, when they were down early....C's got ZERO 50/50 calls....when in doubt, call it for OKC.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #412 on: November 12, 2014, 11:09:03 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Then

Yes, it was Pathetically Obvious that Crawford was going out of his way to keep OKC in the game, when they were down early....C's got ZERO 50/50 calls....when in doubt, call it for OKC.

I'll put my tin hat on and say that the NBA wants to keep OKC alive until KD and Westbrook return.

« Reply #413 on: November 12, 2014, 11:16:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I don't know why you guys are complaining about Elmer Fudd's cousin like you've never seen him 'ref' before.  This clip says it all for me, even more so than ejecting Duncan for laughing, because this is just...there are no words -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLwMl0dfEXo

Still, we didn't lose because of the official(s) ;) ;D tonight, even though OKC committed 7 fewer fouls and attempted 9 more free throws.  We lost (I say that like I'm on the team lol) because of our inability to handle a zone - plain and simple.  Rondo was awesome, as usual, but I didn't see any kind of adjustments made against the zone until the game was already out of reach.  At least Young got to play and hit his only shot :).  Yes, he had lapses on defense, but how many minutes has he played this year - 10, lol?  Don't poo-poo on Morrow, either.  That guy is a great shooter and has had a number of big games in his career.  He could really be dynamite off their bench if he gets the time consistently.  All I want to know is when did Nick Collison transform into Matt Bonner?  Seriously, Collison has drastically altered his form to be a somewhat higher release point than that of the Red Rocket.  He's not the shooter that Bonner is, but still.  Sigh.  It's disappointing, but not unexpected (to me, anyway).  There was also a 3 day gap between games, which is kind of odd this time of year, but whatever.  On to the next one.

Jeff Green is coming back to Earth, btw.  Shhhhhh!  Don't tell anyone (sarcasm)! ;) ;D  The only positive from this game was our 28/8 assist to turnover ratio, or 7/2, or 3.5, for those of you who automatically reduce and simplify fractions in your head (me, for some reason, haha, cough, cough) ;D.

« Reply #414 on: November 12, 2014, 11:22:11 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Then

Crawford definitely helped Jackson get in a groove. The thing is, the nba wants the thunder in the playoffs, and it's tough in the west. So any wins they can get now, while their stars are out, will pay off down the stretch
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #415 on: November 12, 2014, 11:43:31 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
All I want to know is when did Nick Collison transform into Matt Bonner?

He started experimenting with 3s last season and then made a concerted effort over the summer to improve on that shot since he realized that would help him see court time.

« Reply #416 on: November 12, 2014, 11:48:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Saw this posted on the main page made by GreenCeltics, TP this is awesome!

Marcus thorton- " hey guys what did I miss tonight?"

« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Saw this posted on the main page made by GreenCeltics, TP this is awesome!

Marcus thorton- " hey guys what did I miss tonight?"

HAHAAHHAHAHA Legitimate laugh out loud. TP!