Author Topic: Celtics (2-3) at Bulls (5-1) Game #6 11/8/14  (Read 74421 times)

Re: Celtics (2-3) at Bulls (5-1) Game #6 11/8/14
« Reply #435 on: November 08, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't know how anyone can watch that game and come away thinking KO wasn't impressive.  He was great on D and more than held his own rebounding.  He knocked in a couple threes, had a couple drives, and set good picks like always.  What more could anyone want?

ET has some scoring talent but I am amazed at his stupid play.  He and Thorton have no situational basketball sense.

Not sure why Sully didn't play towards the end but then again, they had Gasol off the floor down the stretch at times too. 

The Bulls looked tired and slow.  We seemed rested even though we played last night and had a really good night shooting.  Good win but we can't rely on that kind of outside shooting night in and night out.
and yet, i predict within a week someone will post how ainge should have drafted antetokounmpo based upon his fantastic potential. by the way, tonight, olly has  18 points 11 rebounds and 1 assist. antetokounmpo had 12 points, 1 rebound, and 1 assist.
you won't have to wait a week and I can bet a TP that I can guess who it will be

Olynyk was good pick but you can't really fault someone for feeling that Giannis would have been a great pick. Giannis has superstar potential. Olynyk has fringe All-Star potential (ceiling: Vlade Divac).

Um, just to update the Giannis vs. KO stat line tonight - the Greek Freak also finished with 18 points, but also had 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, and 7 free throw attempts (of which he made 6) in 30 minutes off the bench against a very talented Memphis team, which lost it's first game of the year this evening.

As a Pg (I think he is a pg) he only had 1 more assist than KO and 1 more ft. The only category he really beat KO in was t/o amount, ko had 4-0. +/- was 0 for KO and -5 for GA.

The argument isn't if both are solid players, people are arguing that we failed in a major way by taking KO over GA... people like me only argue that it isn't a bad pick either way.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #436 on: November 08, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yeah, Chicago's just tired.  That's all that we should take away from that first half.  Btw, the Bulls' halftime show sucks the monkey load lol.  Their first 'segment' was just watching and hearing people buy stuff at the gift shop haha.  Now that's just turrible ;) ;D.

tURRIBLE..tp for you AND chuck....I heard he said he will FAST until the LA lakers win one....LO...luv chuck..

Haha, yeah I saw someone else say turrible, too, and I found it amusing.  I was also waiting for Chuck's fasting to be reported on here lol.  He's going to be awfully cranky for a while now.  Perhaps he should channel that energy into learning Spanish via the Rosetta Stone that Kenny, I think, got him a few years ago.  That was hilarious ;D.  You've seen Frank Caliendo's impression of Barkley, right?  All of his impressions are outstanding ;D.

« Reply #437 on: November 08, 2014, 11:50:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I don't know how anyone can watch that game and come away thinking KO wasn't impressive.  He was great on D and more than held his own rebounding.  He knocked in a couple threes, had a couple drives, and set good picks like always.  What more could anyone want?

ET has some scoring talent but I am amazed at his stupid play.  He and Thorton have no situational basketball sense.

Not sure why Sully didn't play towards the end but then again, they had Gasol off the floor down the stretch at times too. 

The Bulls looked tired and slow.  We seemed rested even though we played last night and had a really good night shooting.  Good win but we can't rely on that kind of outside shooting night in and night out.
and yet, i predict within a week someone will post how ainge should have drafted antetokounmpo based upon his fantastic potential. by the way, tonight, olly has  18 points 11 rebounds and 1 assist. antetokounmpo had 12 points, 1 rebound, and 1 assist.
you won't have to wait a week and I can bet a TP that I can guess who it will be

Olynyk was good pick but you can't really fault someone for feeling that Giannis would have been a great pick. Giannis has superstar potential. Olynyk has fringe All-Star potential (ceiling: Vlade Divac).

Um, just to update the Giannis vs. KO stat line tonight - the Greek Freak also finished with 18 points, but also had 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, and 7 free throw attempts (of which he made 6) in 30 minutes off the bench against a very talented Memphis team, which lost it's first game of the year this evening.

As a Pg (I think he is a pg) he only had 1 more assist than KO and 1 more ft. The only category he really beat KO in was t/o amount, ko had 4-0. +/- was 0 for KO and -5 for GA.

The argument isn't if both are solid players, people are arguing that we failed in a major way by taking KO over GA... people like me only argue that it isn't a bad pick either way.

I realize that, but I was just trying to set the record straight for tonight, statistically.  The thing with the Greek Freak that you should also factor in when comparing him to KO is that he'll be 20 on December 6, while Olynyk is already 23, so in terms of potential, he's head and shoulders above Kelly, unfortunately.  We might also want to keep our eyes on Solomon Hill this year, who's getting plenty of playing time with Paul George being out, and is playing rather well, especially tonight, where he scored a career-high 28 points with 11 free throw attempts.  Now, he didn't play last year, obviously, but if this is a sign of things to come, then Larry has found another gem, not that that surprises me.  Doh!  Did anyone see him play in college?  How good is he?  Personally, I thought that Tim Hardaway JR was the guy to take for Indiana last year, as he would have given them a great shot in the arm off of the bench with his shooting, and he is turning out to be much better than I thought, but I think I'm starting to see why Bird took Hill.  Sigh.  Given his size and skill set, is he like the 2013 draft's version of Kawhi Leonard?

« Reply #438 on: November 08, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #439 on: November 08, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

I realize that, but I was just trying to set the record straight for tonight, statistically.  The thing with the Greek Freak that you should also factor in when comparing him to KO is that he'll be 20 on December 6, while Olynyk is already 23, so in terms of potential, he's head and shoulders above Kelly, unfortunately.  We might also want to keep our eyes on Solomon Hill this year, who's getting plenty of playing time with Paul George being out, and is playing rather well, especially tonight, where he scored a career-high 28 points with 11 free throw attempts.  Now, he didn't play last year, obviously, but if this is a sign of things to come, then Larry has found another gem, not that that surprises me.  Doh!  Did anyone see him play in college?  How good is he?  Personally, I thought that Tim Hardaway JR was the guy to take for Indiana last year, as he would have given them a great shot in the arm off of the bench with his shooting, and he is turning out to be much better than I thought, but I think I'm starting to see why Bird took Hill.  Sigh.  Given his size and skill set, is he like the 2013 draft's version of Kawhi Leonard?

I do factor in age, I just know it doesn't always mean a thing. Hasn't GA been playing pro ball for a while now too, it's not like he's new to playing with grown men. He could end up being better but he isn't yet and again, I'm arguing it isn't a bad pick either way.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #440 on: November 09, 2014, 12:04:32 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Looking back on the win, it was awesome to pull that one out.  We almost never were able to win close games last year.  KO looked great at times, and the effort was there on the boards and on d at times.  We won on the 2nd night of a back to back.

But, there were some pretty big caveats here:  bulls were playing 4th game in 5 nights, and they looked ragged and their d wasn't up to what we have seen already this year, no drose, and we almost gave the game away at the end by our lack of poise and deer in the headlights of a freight-train play.  Is it nit-picky, maybe.  Can you just ignore those issues about the win, I doubt it.

Lets go get the next one too.

« Reply #441 on: November 09, 2014, 12:09:09 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
Looking back on the win, it was awesome to pull that one out.  We almost never were able to win close games last year.  KO looked great at times, and the effort was there on the boards and on d at times.

But, there were some pretty big caveats here:  bulls were playing 4th game in 5 nights, and they looked ragged and their d wasn't up to what we have seen already this year, no drose, and we almost gave the game away at the end by our lack of poise and deer in the headlights of a freight-train play.  Is it nit-picky, maybe.  Can you just ignore those issues about the win, I doubt it.

I guess we can ignore we played 3 in 4, all 6 games in 11 days, no RR or Smart, and all but one of our games against a non playoff team (pacers, who look like outside looking in).

I forgot to add that they have been playing a few seasons without Rose (good playing at that), so how big a deal is it REALLY?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:14:21 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »

« Reply #442 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:09 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

I realize that, but I was just trying to set the record straight for tonight, statistically.  The thing with the Greek Freak that you should also factor in when comparing him to KO is that he'll be 20 on December 6, while Olynyk is already 23, so in terms of potential, he's head and shoulders above Kelly, unfortunately.

The only reason people get excited about Giannis is because he's very athletic but still mostly sucks at basketball.  That allows people to imagine anything about him. 

Mike

« Reply #443 on: November 09, 2014, 02:10:25 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm loving the Kelly vs. Giannis debate.  If only we could be like the DKC Sixers and have both. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #444 on: November 09, 2014, 02:31:44 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Looking back on the win, it was awesome to pull that one out.  We almost never were able to win close games last year.  KO looked great at times, and the effort was there on the boards and on d at times.

I guess we can ignore we played 3 in 4, all 6 games in 11 days, no RR or Smart, and all but one of our games against a non playoff team (pacers, who look like outside looking in).

I forgot to add that they have been playing a few seasons without Rose (good playing at that), so how big a deal is it REALLY?

You got me on the us playing 4 games in 6 days.  I completely forgot about how many we have played in a row.  I am still excited about the win though too.  Just trying not to get my expectations too high about the team.

« Reply #445 on: November 09, 2014, 02:46:10 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

You got me on the us playing 4 games in 6 days.  I completely forgot about how many we have played in a row.  I am still excited about the win though too.  Just trying not to get my expectations too high about the team.

What's too high?  Seventh or eighth seed in the East?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
  Sean Torthon the QIUET MAN..!!

MARCUS not SEAN

As Sean Thronton....Irish is Tornton....

LOL...I guess you never saw John Wayne in the QUIET MAN.....LOL...

Thats the Irish comedy right? I prefer Wayne as a cowboy.

Not really, a slice of actual IRISH life in Ireland....very authentic.....he was THE FIGHTER....Trooper Thornton......NO one else here saw it ever...? LOL..Oh well.
surorise...good movie...have seen it many times
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!