Author Topic: Gerald Wallace/Cleveland First for Javale McGee (Idea)  (Read 3932 times)

Gerald Wallace/Cleveland First for Javale McGee (Idea)
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Simmons suggested an idea on his latest BS Report with Zach Lowe about such a deal. Lowe, playing the role of Denver GM said he'd "probably do it". McGee is healthy and paid big, but still 3rd behind Mosgov and recent first pick Jusuf Nurkic.

McGee is somewhat of a "knuckle head" but has far more upside than Wallace and seemingly fits well on paper.

Who says no?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Gerald Wallace/Cleveland First for Javale McGee (Idea)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:29:36 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Not me.

Rondo is the type of guy who could actually turn McGee into a player.  Maybe some of his intelligence would rub off as well.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
They probably say no though.  I think they could find a slightly better package, it would at least take our own pick to dump Wallace, especially if we're getting some type of potential back.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I know McGee has a stigma associated with him, but hes worth it. A player with those height and athleticism is a dime a dozen. If Nuggets will take Wallace and maybe CLE pick, a few 2nd rounders I'm all for it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 06:57:58 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Wallace and Javale both have negative value at this point.  The CLE pick has near zero value.  We'd be taking on 3M in extra salary over 2 years.

I don't mind a knucklehead, but McGee doesn't impact the game defensively the way that you'd like for a guy with his size and athleticism.  There's a reason he's having trouble getting minutes.  I'd stick with Crash for the 3M and the continuity.  That and Wallace appears to be an upgrade over Evan Turner.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
I know McGee has a stigma associated with him, but hes worth it. A player with those height and athleticism is a dime a dozen. If Nuggets will take Wallace and maybe CLE pick, a few 2nd rounders I'm all for it.
Are you sure you meant "a dime a dozen"?  :)

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 07:23:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'd do it.  Same years as Wallace, only a few million more, fills a major need and has potential to be a lot better.  And however knuckleheaded he is, he can at least finish a lob well. 

We're swimming in 1sts so giving up a lower one doesn't matter much if you can get something out of it.  Don't know if they'd do it, though.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I'd do it in a heartbeat, not sure Denver does though. They probably would want a Brooklyn pick or onr of our own.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 07:47:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I'd do it in a heartbeat, not sure Denver does though. They probably would want a Brooklyn pick or onr of our own.

Wonder if throwing in cash would change anything.  I think the max is $3 million?  A $6 million savings and a 1st might be enough to do it for them.  Or possibly swapping in Philly's "1st rounder" that will be 2 high 2nds (aka unguaranteed deals).  Though I think Danny likes that one a lot too.

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 08:15:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Maybe the Denver counter proposal would be McGee and Wilson Chandler for Gerald Wallace, Brandon Bass, the Celtics 2015 first round pick (top three protected), and the 2016 Cleveland pick.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Maybe the Denver counter proposal would be McGee and Wilson Chandler for Gerald Wallace, Brandon Bass, the Celtics 2015 first round pick (top three protected), and the 2016 Cleveland pick.

Only if they take Turner, too....

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 08:21:43 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Dear god no..
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Dear god no..
If you remove the Celtics pick, I'd consider it.  But that's the only real chip in the trade.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Dear god no..
If you remove the Celtics pick, I'd consider it.  But that's the only real chip in the trade.

You counter with removing the Celtics pick, they suggest either increasing the protection or substituting a different pick.  What's your move?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 09:42:27 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Dear god no..

You counter with removing the Celtics pick, they suggest either increasing the protection or substituting a different pick.  What's your move?

Offer a weak 2nd and some cash.  Javale McGee is not worth 2 1st round picks in any scenario, doubly when they're saving money in the process.