Author Topic: T-Mac tells LeBron to "get Rondo;" radical three-team ideas  (Read 17296 times)

Re: T-Mac tells LeBron to "get Rondo;" radical three-team ideas
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I love rondo, but this is the type of trade I'd consider if I were DA.
BK and GA are both very high upside young players.
BK is a scoring pg, who actually passes the ball.
GA's upside is limitless. Even if he fails to rise to the top his skill set and apparent work ethic make busting unlikely.
I don't even think the trade would hurt us in the short run.
Also a 2015 pick from the bucks is gold.
That said...
No way in hell I do this trade and help lbj orchestrate another pick-your-own-team contender.
Not a frikin' chance. Go stuff it labron.

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Honestly guys, if we got Giannis, within 2 or 3 weeks everyone who wanted him would clamor for him to be gone because "he's a bust," "I thought he was better," or "he doesn't pass/rebound/score/shoot enough" and would want to trade him for the soonest two-birds-in-a-bush deal that we could get.

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2014, 04:11:35 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
So i cannot stand Kyrie's game, its sOOOOOO overrated.  Scoring point guards are just not my thing, this is why I love Rondo.  My Pg in college was similar to Rondo's game and he was my favorite person to play bball with.  Guy was the best, I know anecdotal but still, shooting first PGS are annoying unless they are Chris Paul.

But it is OBVIOUS that Cleveland needs Rondo more than Boston needs Irving.  Rondo would make things much easier for Bron Bron, he would run the offense and shut down other pgs.

Remember Uncle Drew plays NO defense, did not get an assist for 70 some odd minutes and looks to be the kind of Dukie who does not get along with others.

Also, remember, Duke was top 4, #1 in their bracket then Kyrie came back and BAM!! out before the 32 is over.  So he cannot be that good. 

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2014, 04:17:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'm surprised that O'Grady didn't tell the messiah to quit on his team like O'Grady did all of his.

I'm sure every athlete is really excited to suffer career altering injuries.

Apparently Mc'Grady suffered 3 career-altering injuries.  Because he held tanked for trades with Toronto, Orlando, and Houston.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or addled. Sometimes you list one way and sometimes you sway another.

I think it's both, honestly.

Actually ....If you followed the NBA during McGrady's career you would know that he demanded a trade from Toronto...Then dogged it until they traded him...Did exactly the same thing in Orlando...Not to mention Houston.  He all but quit in Atlanta.  The only team he actually played hard his entire tenure for was San Antonio.

That's not trolling, gentlemen...That's what happened.

That could be true, if McGrady hadn't left Toronto in free agency.

Now, please, tell me more about how you followed the NBA during his career. ;)

Ha nice. Check and mate!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2014, 01:38:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Why even bother with 3 team trades?  Just trade Rondo, LAC 1st, and a future protected 1st for Irving and Haywood.  Other small salaries can go back and forth between both teams if need be.

Seems like a trade that could work for both teams.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Why even bother with 3 team trades?  Just trade Rondo, LAC 1st, and a future protected 1st for Irving and Haywood.  Other small salaries can go back and forth between both teams if need be.

how come the cavs get best player in the deal AND two firsts? 

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm surprised that O'Grady didn't tell the messiah to quit on his team like O'Grady did all of his.

I'm sure every athlete is really excited to suffer career altering injuries.

Apparently Mc'Grady suffered 3 career-altering injuries.  Because he held tanked for trades with Toronto, Orlando, and Houston.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or addled. Sometimes you list one way and sometimes you sway another.

I think it's both, honestly.

Actually ....If you followed the NBA during McGrady's career you would know that he demanded a trade from Toronto...Then dogged it until they traded him...Did exactly the same thing in Orlando...Not to mention Houston.  He all but quit in Atlanta.  The only team he actually played hard his entire tenure for was San Antonio.

That's not trolling, gentlemen...That's what happened.

That could be true, if McGrady hadn't left Toronto in free agency.

Now, please, tell me more about how you followed the NBA during his career. ;)

that made my day, TP for you

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

most people (especially in CLE) believe Kyrie to be the better player. Heck even my roommate thinks so

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2014, 02:45:54 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Why would The Bucks trade GA? They pass. Parker would be more likely, if anything.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
GA's upside is limitless. Even if he fails to rise to the top his skill set and apparent work ethic make busting unlikely.
That said...
No way in hell I do this trade and help lbj orchestrate another pick-your-own-team contender.

I can also see Jason Kidd able to help Rondo's game more than BS can.

I do agree having GA and Parker fighting for development time at the same position is kind of redundant also. 

Sanders
Henson
Parker
Mayo
Rondo

Rondo would work better with a lineup like this. Shooters/scorers , guys able to bail out rondo on the defensive end and grab lobs on the offensive end. 

I would make the trade for GA, Knight a future 1st.    Good trade for both teams , but only if the Bucks are serious about wanting to make the playoffs this season and Rondo might resign with them after the season is over

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
That said...

I can also see Jason Kidd able to help Rondo's game more than BS can.

I do agree having GA and Parker fighting for development time at the same position is kind of redundant also. 

Sanders
Henson
Parker
Mayo
Rondo

Rondo would work better with a lineup like this. Shooters/scorers , guys able to bail out rondo on the defensive end and grab lobs on the offensive end. 

I would make the trade for GA, Knight a future 1st.    Good trade for both teams , but only if the Bucks are serious about wanting to make the playoffs this season and Rondo might resign with them after the season is over

I won't, this looks more like a gamble on our side than their side. For them, it's instant upgrade and will help them more than "current" Knight and GA.

On our side, our gamble is a downgrade to Knight who is a good offensive player, but not a good pg that sets the offense up like Rondo. What if GA doesn't pan out, now you traded for two average players, a 1st for a star

If they make playoffs, that first pick is also worthless to us. Rondo should at least net us a lotto pick imho.

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So i cannot stand Kyrie's game, its sOOOOOO overrated.  Scoring point guards are just not my thing, this is why I love Rondo.  My Pg in college was similar to Rondo's game and he was my favorite person to play bball with.  Guy was the best, I know anecdotal but still, shooting first PGS are annoying unless they are Chris Paul.

But it is OBVIOUS that Cleveland needs Rondo more than Boston needs Irving.  Rondo would make things much easier for Bron Bron, he would run the offense and shut down other pgs.

Remember Uncle Drew plays NO defense, did not get an assist for 70 some odd minutes and looks to be the kind of Dukie who does not get along with others.

Also, remember, Duke was top 4, #1 in their bracket then Kyrie came back and BAM!! out before the 32 is over.  So he cannot be that good.
The fact that there are people around here who believe that Rondo can or wants to shut down anyone gave me a good chuckle.

Irving may be overrated and all that, but he's legit. He probably won't be available for Rondo, either, so this discussion is moot anyhow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I would like an explanation as to why, and by whom, Kyrie Irving is overrated.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2014, 05:36:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

most people (especially in CLE) believe Kyrie to be the better player. Heck even my roommate thinks so
Kyrie is a much better offensive player, is significantly younger, and is locked up for 5 years.  Also, if you look at the advanced stats, they are also a lot closer than people would think across the board, each doing things better (for example Kyrie's TO% is much lower than Rajon's, something you might not expect without looking - and BTW, Kyrie has improved in that category every single year in the league).  That is also with Irving basically only having his first three years (which for PG's are by far their worst years historically), thus one would expect Irving to get better while Rondo has basically hit his peak (he should be there another couple of years before he starts tailing off, but he won't get much if at all better).

So while it is fairly close this year on who is better, it won't be close over the next 15 years.  Irving will be significantly better than Rondo for much of that period.  And you have Irving for the next 5 years, something you can't say about Rondo.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2014, 06:01:01 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Because T Mac is a champion and know what it takes to win.
;D