Author Topic: T-Mac tells LeBron to "get Rondo;" radical three-team ideas  (Read 17373 times)

Re: T-Mac tells LeBron to "get Rondo;" radical three-team ideas
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I have a feeling at the core of this debate resides drastically different perspectives on Giannis and Knight. I think if Giannis entered the 2015 draft today he'd go in the top 5. And I think Brandon Knight is a legitimate starting point guard already with borderline All-Star potential. I sense there is some disagreement about both claims and that is why the Milwaukee offer has been called "horrible."
I'm ashamed to admit that I looked at the name Knight, concluded "ah, Brevin Knight, meh" and moved on. Which doesn't make any sense, because Brevin Knight retired 5 years ago. This means I also have to retract the "horrible" qualification.

I still think it's better to take the more most talented player available. Though I agree that this is purely academic, given that unless the sky crashes and burns in Cleveland, Irving will not be available.

Hey now, don't dismiss Brevin Knight. If the Bobcats can't find a star soon, Knight might find his jersey being raised in Charlotte.

All jokes aside, the bolded part is a fair assertion and one that I generally agree with. I just think Giannis, Knight and a 2015 MIL 1st is a hell of a package and has to be considered even if the eventual conclusion is that Irving is the better trade. You know, considered in this completely imaginative world in which this deal would take place.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Ainge isn't giving up the best quarterback in the game for nothing. You'll have to give up the kings ransom if you want Rondo. 3 all star commodities, no less.

Not only is he valuable on the court, he can recruit off the court as well. Stars want to play with this unselfish player all day.

You sign him to the max, and find a Center to immediately catapult your franchise back in the playoffs year in and year out.

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'm surprised that O'Grady didn't tell the messiah to quit on his team like O'Grady did all of his.

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm surprised that O'Grady didn't tell the messiah to quit on his team like O'Grady did all of his.

I'm sure every athlete is really excited to suffer career altering injuries.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Apparently Mc'Grady suffered 3 career-altering injuries.  Because he held tanked for trades with Toronto, Orlando, and Houston. 

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hey now, don't dismiss Brevin Knight. If the Bobcats can't find a star soon, Knight might find his jersey being raised in Charlotte.
He's most certainly one of the greatest PGs in Bobcats history.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 06:38:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Apparently Mc'Grady suffered 3 career-altering injuries.  Because he held tanked for trades with Toronto, Orlando, and Houston.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or addled. Sometimes you list one way and sometimes you sway another.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

I'm not sure if you're trolling or addled. Sometimes you list one way and sometimes you sway another.

I think it's both, honestly.

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Actually ....If you followed the NBA during McGrady's career you would know that he demanded a trade from Toronto...Then dogged it until they traded him...Did exactly the same thing in Orlando...Not to mention Houston.  He all but quit in Atlanta.  The only team he actually played hard his entire tenure for was San Antonio.

That's not trolling, gentlemen...That's what happened.

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
He's most certainly one of the greatest PGs in Bobcats history.

Lol, just realized they changed their name so he's cemented himself as an all-time great within that era of the franchise. Ah, the Bobcats. A decade of pure dreadfulness.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Actually ....If you followed the NBA during McGrady's career you would know that he demanded a trade from Toronto...Then dogged it until they traded him...Did exactly the same thing in Orlando...Not to mention Houston.  He all but quit in Atlanta.  The only team he actually played hard his entire tenure for was San Antonio.

That could be true, if McGrady hadn't left Toronto in free agency.

Now, please, tell me more about how you followed the NBA during his career. ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 07:08:47 PM by D.o.s. »

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2014, 02:26:55 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Can the Celtics get the dogging T-Mac that last year in Orlando?

You know, the one that averaged 28 points, 5.5 assists and 6 rebounds a game.

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Can the Celtics get the dogging T-Mac that last year in Orlando?

You know, the one that averaged 28 points, 5.5 assists and 6 rebounds a game.

My thoughts exactly...What a dog.

Also to get back to the original topic. If we are sending Rondo to Cleveland I'm only doing it if Irving comes back... Why add Milwaukee to the deal? Especially when the players we are getting from them are worse.

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
I can't believe there are people that are still saying we should get Kevin Love.  KO and Sully are the real deal, wouldn't trade either one of them.  Wouldn't trade Rondo either.

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2014, 03:24:40 PM »

fitzhickey

That could be true, if McGrady hadn't left Toronto in free agency.

Now, please, tell me more about how you followed the NBA during his career. ;)
LOL TP