Author Topic: Rondo to Cavs trade idea  (Read 3996 times)

Rondo to Cavs trade idea
« on: November 06, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Cavs: Rondo
To Celtics: Thompson, Waiters, Haywood (waived), 2018 1st

Celts lineup

Thompson/Zeller
Sully/KO
Green/Turner
AB/Waiters/Young
Smart/Waiters

Other transactions
-Trade bass and thornton
-Cavs pickup Okafor for their title run

Re: Rondo to Cavs trade idea
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Didn't you already post this craptastic trade idea in the other Cavs trade thread? 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Thompson is a 6'9" PF...not a center.  We already have a good, young PF who can rebound. 
Waiters is just awful in general and we already have too many SGs.

No thanks.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 05:33:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Thompson is a 6'9" PF...not a center.  We already have a good, young PF who can rebound. 

No thanks.

Waiters is hardly awful, but, like you said, how and where would he fit in with this team of ours.  Plus, why oh why would you ever want to put Rondo and Lebron on the same team?  I think Rondo would likely puke at the thought lol ;D.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No thanks.

Waiters is hardly awful, but, like you said, how and where would he fit in with this team of ours.  Plus, why oh why would you ever want to put Rondo and Lebron on the same team?  I think Rondo would likely puke at the thought lol ;D.

If you are a rondo fan, dont you want him to win another ring?

Rondo wont care if he plays with ray allen again if he can win another ring. Easier for him to demand max also

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:43:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Thompson would be more apt to play stretches at SF than C. He is definitely not center material.

That is just one minor detail I find with this awful trade.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:46:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No thanks.

Thompson is not a true center but has the bulk, athleticism and length to play the position. He is an offensive rebounding machine. 

Bc of his above the rim capabilities would pair up well with either Sully or KO. 

Waiters needs a chance to play away from hot dog Irving

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
I doubt that Cleveland GM (ahem LeBron James) is going to panic just yet but if this keeps up, there may be some desperation that we could capitalize on.  I would go for Irving in place of Waiters (or Thompson) though.  Cleveland would not do this unless they were desperate of course but I am still high on Irving even though we have Smart already too.

We would probably re-trade Irving or trade Smart but look what Philly got for Holiday. (I just saw another thread started around this same idea).

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Thompson would be more apt to play stretches at SF than C. He is definitely not center material.

That is just one minor detail I find with this awful trade.

A sf that can pull down 15 rebounds and 6-8 offensive rebounds frequently. Interesting

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 05:49:29 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

No thanks.

Rondo wont care if he plays with ray allen again if he can win another ring. Easier for him to demand max also

It all makes sense now. This whole time you've just wanted what is best for Rondo.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 07:29:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No thanks.

It all makes sense now. This whole time you've just wanted what is best for Rondo.

yes. Underneath my dress shirt, i'm wearing a Rondo Tshirt

Tristan Thompson clutch rebound and putback dunk. 12 Offensive rebounds vs Bulls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKmCLS6-Yzo

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

No thanks.

Said triboy never...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 08:15:37 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
If you're a CAVS fan...that trade would be a GREAT idea.....if you are a Celtic fan....ugh..

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

No thanks.

Darn it, that is what I wanted to say.  TP.