Author Topic: Does Rondo for Kyrie make more sense now.  (Read 6817 times)

Re: Does Rondo for Kyrie make more sense now.
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Maybe if it was Rondo and AB for Irving and fillers.

Cavs would love the passing and D upgrades.

It really shouldn't take Rondo AND Bradley to get it done.  rondo and expirings should do it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
What I don't like about Cleveland is you have KI and Love who demand the ball - with LeBron the one who's most willing to pass and orchestrate the offense.  Then you have a guy like Waiters coming off the bench.  Don't like that you have 3 'black hole' types and LeBron.  I just don't see that working at least in the near term because you have too many old habits that will be tough to break.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
What I don't like about Cleveland is you have KI and Love who demand the ball - with LeBron the one who's most willing to pass and orchestrate the offense.  Then you have a guy like Waiters coming off the bench.  Don't like that you have 3 'black hole' types and LeBron.  I just don't see that working at least in the near term because you have too many old habits that will be tough to break.

Love isn't a black hole type. The other two are, but Love averaged 4.4 assists last year, 15% assist rate which is quite good for a go-to big man.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Why trade for kyrie if we have Marcus smart? If anything if the Cavs really want rondo for kyrie, do a three team deal and get a big man.

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 07:06:25 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

It really shouldn't take Rondo AND Bradley to get it done.  rondo and expirings should do it.

Putting

Rondo
Avery
Lebron
Love
Varejo

Together means the Celtics will not have a shot at a championship for the next 3-5 years. So forget that theory. I highly even doubt the celtics and some would trade rondo to the CAVs to begin with. Remember our goal is to get back Ito title contention not help title contenders and not receive Title contending players in return.

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Meh. Irving is a ballhog; I'd rather stick it out with Rondo. Believe me when I say this, we will make the playoffs this year; I have a feeling that we will figure it out sooner than the Cavs;
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 07:58:18 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Cavs are not dealing Irving to C's for Rondo and expiring/s unless that expiring is Green.

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Kyrie, Westbrook and CP3 are three guys I WOULD deal Rondo for.

But other than that, rather keep him in green.

I do like Kyrie Irving however.

I think he's a very good player.

But I think the Cavs would trade Waiters before Kyrie.

Actually, I think Waiters and Rondo would work well in Boston while I think Bradley would compliment Kyrie well.

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I would be tempted by that trade myself ...I'm huge Kyrie fan..

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2014, 08:43:03 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I love that Lebron essentially took a night off against Portland, refusing to shoot the ball to teach his teammates a lesson, and Kyrie is considered the immature one.

I'm of the mind that he's back to his old self.  These are the things he couldn't get away with in Miami under Pat Riley.  Cavs is a different ball game.  Everyone bows to the king over there. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:48:57 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
Rondo for Irving sounds a lot like Kidd for Marbury way back when.  Only difference is that Irving isn't a knucklehead (that we know of)

tough call. 

I think I would do it simply because Irving is 22 years old, an Olympian and under contract...he's a pure shooter and scorer and this current Celtics team could use that. 

I feel like Rondo would be the perfect fit with Bron and Love.  Rondo would make their lives easier and their games more efficient. 

could be a win win...but I doubt Cleveland would do that deal

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2014, 09:08:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Cavs are not dealing Irving to C's for Rondo and expiring/s unless that expiring is Green.

Then they can keep him, shoot first PG's who often go 20-30 shots without an assist (he had 39 between his last two) are a dime a dozen

I like the kid, but he isn't going to turn into some sort of perennial allstar. He's a good shooter with a nice handle who doesn't pass or play defense.  I can find that guy easily, I Don't need to give up Rondo, Bradley, and assets to do it.

What I can't find easily is a lock down defensive PG who can run an offense and shoot (to bad smart or Rondo can't shoot consistently, or we'd already have that on the team.)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »

Offline a_new_hope

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
The only way the Cav's shop Kyrie is if LeBron tells them too. Having said that, there is solid logic around
 this scenario, but I don't like the trade much personally. I don't think Irving is really a Stevens type player; bad defender and historically a selfish player who chases stats. He's flashy.

I know that Rondo's perceived value is low in the media... but I'll take him over Irving. Irving can win more games by himself... but Rondo improves a team more. Kyrie can look good on bad teams but Rondo can make a good  team great.

Also, as pointed out above, why bring in Irving when it makes more sense to pursue a 3 or 5 if we do elet to trade Rondo?

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2014, 09:26:50 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Meh. Irving is a ballhog; I'd rather stick it out with Rondo. Believe me when I say this, we will make the playoffs this year; I have a feeling that we will figure it out sooner than the Cavs;

TP for dreaming big. Really, really big.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/