Author Topic: Does Rondo for Kyrie make more sense now.  (Read 6818 times)

Does Rondo for Kyrie make more sense now.
« on: November 06, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Seeing how immature Irving is I'm not sure if I make the trade. But It may help both's teams future. Thoughts...

Re: Does Rondo for Kyrie make more sense now.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 05:04:56 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Seeing how immature Irving is I'm not sure if I make the trade. But It may help both's teams future. Thoughts...

98% chance Cleveland figures it out before they become desperate enough to consider this.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Irving for Rondo solves some problems but creates others -- the biggest upgrade that I can see is that you're trading a 29 year old All Star point guard for a 22 year old All Star point guard.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 05:12:12 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I make this deal in a heartbeat. I can't really see Cleveland doing this unless it's a case of them kowtowing to de facto GM Lebron.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Like Love, the power of Lebron may be enough to convince Rondo to skip free agency and sign an extension.  If Rondo is not willing to commit to the C's and still wants to test free agency, I would trade him for Kyrie in a second.  It would be a great deal for the Cavs.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:14:38 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Irving for Rondo solves some problems but creates others -- the biggest upgrade that I can see is that you're trading a 29 year old All Star point guard for a 22 year old All Star point guard.

Yes, I agree, it makes sense with the C's rebuild, it makes sense for the Cavs if they really think that KI/LJ/KL isn't going to work. Although I don't know how you jump to that conclusion after only a few games?  Cleveland is going to be way more patient than that I would think. 

I am not sure if Rondo would really want to go to Cleveland either.  He never seemed buddy buddy w/ lebron.  Rondo may want to resign with the C's before becoming lebron's point guard.

btw, rondo is still 28.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Deal makes some sense for both sides. But anyone who doesn't think its going to take awhile for this Cleveland team to come together doesn't get basketball. Dan Gilbert may be in that category however, so I wouldn't totally dismiss this...

If presented with the offer I'm sure the Celtics would strongly consider it.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Yes, I agree, it makes sense with the C's rebuild, it makes sense for the Cavs if they really think that KI/LJ/KL isn't going to work. Although I don't know how you jump to that conclusion after only a few games?  Cleveland is going to be way more patient than that I would think. 

I am not sure if Rondo would really want to go to Cleveland either.  He never seemed buddy buddy w/ lebron.  Rondo may want to resign with the C's before becoming lebron's point guard.

btw, rondo is still 28.

Wouldn't you agree though, that based on their style of play, Rondo would be a better fit with LBJ and Love??
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
If we're trading Rondo, I'd rather trade for a non-PG. I want Smart to be this team's future starting PG.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Four games in.  ::)

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 05:22:46 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
If we're trading Rondo, I'd rather trade for a non-PG. I want Smart to be this team's future starting PG.
From the looks of it, Irving is not a PG.  :)

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I believe it is a really difficult trade to make happen because Kyrie is a Base Year Compensation player. I would be shocked if the Cavs would trade such a young promising player for a slightly older player. It would be a move for now rather than long term, and it was moves like that, that helped push LeBron out of Cleveland in the first place
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 05:26:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

This. LOL

If this happens, Kyrie will be our Monta Ellis, but a sexier name than Monta Ellis.

Im not even sure if I want to do this. Rondo may not be as talented as Kyrie, but I havent seen any leadership qualities on that kid. Not to mention his questionable defense.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

This. LOL

If this happens, Kyrie will be our Monta Ellis, but a sexier name than Monta Ellis.

Im not even sure if I want to do this. Rondo may not be as talented as Kyrie, but I havent seen any leadership qualities on that kid. Not to mention his questionable defense.

Agreed, that might just be a 2 PG lineup that could work. Then again I honestly really don't like Kyrie Irving as a player. Always felt those uncle drew commercials were fitting since he seems to dominate lesser competition, seems like more style and flash than substance.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 05:39:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Rondo will be the first one who will decline this offer. He see LeBron as a rival. Why would he join him?