Author Topic: Drama in Cleveland, Opportunity for a trade  (Read 9625 times)

Re: Drama in Cleveland, Opportunity for a trade
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 04:12:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Irving and Lebron strugglin to play together. Not surprised. Both ball dominant. Especially irving.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 05:06:42 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Give me Kyrie and we'll talk, otherwise goodbye.

Rondo is a special player...but....if DA has any indication that Rondo is not going to re-sign here, then he would be foolish not to trade him.  I would deal him for Kyrie.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
not to mention, it seems like Waiters is the only guy there that's being whiny. They probably want to trade him. But no way in hell am I trading Rondo for Waiters

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
http://www.businessinsider.com/dion-waiters-on-cavaliers-role-2014-11

As the link above details Dion isn't fitting into the system. It also doesn't help that Irving isn't a true point guard. A trade of Rondo for Dion seems like something they would jump all over, but I'm not sure how great it is for us considering Dion doesn't like playing defense.

I can see something here, but not sure what. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm still stunned that the source of all of this is business insider lol ;D.  Surely, Brian Windhorst is on the scene and would have broken such a story first haha ;D.

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 05:56:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The Heat started 9-8 in Lebron's first year there. I'm guessing he remembers this, even if other people do not.

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 06:01:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

As the link above details Dion isn't fitting into the system. It also doesn't help that Irving isn't a true point guard. A trade of Rondo for Dion seems like something they would jump all over, but I'm not sure how great it is for us considering Dion doesn't like playing defense.

I'm still stunned that the source of all of this is business insider lol ;D.  Surely, Brian Windhorst is on the scene and would have broken such a story first haha ;D.

The source is actually the Akron Beacon Journal.  ;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
The Heat started 9-8 in Lebron's first year there. I'm guessing he remembers this, even if other people do not.
yep, beat me to it boris.

it is 4 games into an 82 game season. 2/41st of a season. 4.8% of a season. it is all new teams mates for all of them. their sheer talent will provide them with herds and herds of wins soon enough.

whether their defense wins them a championship is another question.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 09:43:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

The source is actually the Akron Beacon Journal.  ;)

Sorry, I didn't click on the link. 

On another front, and just for fun, could Rodan45 change the name of this thread to be 'Lebron o Kyrie - We Need to Talk' haha ;D?  I guess that Lebron is figuring out what it would be like to play with Avery Bradley ;D.  You know, black holes and all ;D, and no, I'm not comparing Bradley to Irving as players, I'm just saying that they never pass lol, although at least Kyrie CAN actually do it, as opposed to AB.  He just chooses not to lol ;D.

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 09:49:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

it is 4 games into an 82 game season. 2/41st of a season. 4.8% of a season. it is all new teams mates for all of them. their sheer talent will provide them with herds and herds of wins soon enough.

But still though, you have to admit this is clealy an indication that LeBron James is slipping as a player, Kyrie and Lebron have an irreparable rift, and Dion Waiters, although obviously a future perennial all-star, just doesn't fit. These are all irrefutable facts and not at all poorly conceived snap judgements.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2014, 12:46:49 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I have my doubts about Dion Waiters ever being a guy who should be starting on a legitimate title contender.  I'd like to see Rondo and Bradley as the Celtics starting backcourt for the next five seasons.  I would not trade them for Waiters and Irving.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 04:33:48 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
How can we get in on this?  Doesn't Cleveland owe us after delivering KLove on a  platter:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11835888/should-cleveland-cavaliers-trade-dion-waters-nba
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rondo for Waiters......ha ha ha r

Ya"ll smoke n funny stuff

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

But still though, you have to admit this is clealy an indication that LeBron James is slipping as a player, Kyrie and Lebron have an irreparable rift, and Dion Waiters, although obviously a future perennial all-star, just doesn't fit. These are all irrefutable facts and not at all poorly conceived snap judgements.
I actually had to read this twice before I detected the sarcasm.

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 04:45:41 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'd rather trade Rondo for Greg Stiemsma than Dion Waiters.  Literally.

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 05:01:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'd rather trade Rondo for Greg Stiemsma than Dion Waiters.  Literally.
On a related note, did you know that according to the new Merriam-Webster, literally now also means figuratively? :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."