Author Topic: Drama in Cleveland, Opportunity for a trade  (Read 9627 times)

Re: Drama in Cleveland, Opportunity for a trade
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I wouldn't trade Rondo for a gunner Guard who doesn't play defense.  It's not a bad thought, but in addition to it being way to early for Clev to look at trades, he prefers to have the ball in his hands and play pick and roll, and look to score. He's not a great player in transition either, he prefers the half court.

We have to many guards already, and iso pick and rolls with no defense played don't really fit our system.  I would take him if he were cheap, but not for Rondo.

How would you feel about Evan turner and a future first?

I'd leave work immeditly and drive ET to the airport, but i wouldn't give them a first, since ours will be valuable as we are going to be bad again in my mind (but better).  I would add some roster filler and maybe a 2nd though.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 03:12:18 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'll reiterate what I've been saying on these boards for quite some time now;

I never want Dion Waiters anywhere near the Celtics.  And certainly not in a deal that gets rid of Rajon Rondo.

Waiters is a "me-first" type gunner who does very little to make those around him any better.

We are missing a "gunner" type. Waiters passes more than you think.

I would be happy to get him. He is shooting 7 -8 shots and should be shooting 13-15 shots. He might start at 3-8 but end up 8 -16. He can get hot and was clutch for syracuse. Big game player. He gets very chance to play his game bc of hot dog irving. And now with lebron, love its even worse

Defense is not as bad as ppl say also.

To cavs: bass, rondo (give him a chance to get another ring)
To celtics:  thompson , waiters, future 1st

Why am I not surprised you'd be on board with this.

Not only on board, i predict there is a good chance a trade like this goes down.

Cavs willing to trade all their young assets except irving to try to win a championship for lebron.

Didn't they already kinda do that in the trade for Love?  What's Thompson & Waiters gonna get them?

If they're trading Thompson, they better be getting something big in return because, if not,  if Varajeo goes down, that team will be in a whole lot of trouble. 

IMO, they'd be pretty stupid to give up Tristan Thompson at the moment. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 03:16:21 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'll reiterate what I've been saying on these boards for quite some time now;

I never want Dion Waiters anywhere near the Celtics.  And certainly not in a deal that gets rid of Rajon Rondo.

Waiters is a "me-first" type gunner who does very little to make those around him any better.

We are missing a "gunner" type. Waiters passes more than you think.

I would be happy to get him. He is shooting 7 -8 shots and should be shooting 13-15 shots. He might start at 3-8 but end up 8 -16. He can get hot and was clutch for syracuse. Big game player. He gets very chance to play his game bc of hot dog irving. And now with lebron, love its even worse

Defense is not as bad as ppl say also.

To cavs: bass, rondo (give him a chance to get another ring)
To celtics:  thompson , waiters, future 1st

Why am I not surprised you'd be on board with this.

Not only on board, i predict there is a good chance a trade like this goes down.

Cavs willing to trade all their young assets except irving to try to win a championship for lebron.

Red Auerbach is throwing up in his grave. If we can benefit somehow from Cleveland making an emotional decision and parting with Irving, then fine. Not for Waiters and Thompson.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
T Mac apparently thinks a Rondo to Cleveland trade should happen

Tracy McGrady @Real_T_Mac  ·  1h
Bron, go get Rondo out of Boston!

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I wont be surprised if a trade happens. How many times did the cavs and celts work out trades this past summer? Helping each other out.

Rondo could also pull a lester

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I love TMac, but after seeing this "Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. you TMac"

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

I wont be surprised if a trade happens. How many times did the cavs and celts work out trades this past summer? Helping each other out.

A "lester"?  You think Rondo would suck in the playoffs on his new team??
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

I like that he says "out of Boston," like Rondo's  trapped here.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Triboy your posts are devolving into parodies of themselves. There's no way you're really suggesting Rondo for Waiters.

I guess thompson is a nobody.

You're guessing right.
lol

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
I would rather play Sully over Thompson at PF and Bradley over Waiters at SG...and I am not a fan of Bradley.  So, in the deal, the C's lose Rondo and don't gain a major upgrade anywhere.  No thanks.   
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

only you and 3 others wouldn't be surprised or see this for the huge pile of stupidity that it is. 

IMHO, Tmac sees Rondo as the superior player that Lebron should be playing with to get that title.  Since WE also need superior players, and have one in Rondo, it would stand to reason we keep him.

we're going to stink this year.  yes, that's my opinion, not a guaranteed fact, and will be near the top in the lottery drawing.  As has been the case in all lottery drawings but one, the 3 worst teams do not end up with the top 3 picks.  someone (or 2 or 3) sneaks in for one of those picks.  C's could be that team.  in any case, there's a number of top prospects in this draft that figure to be available when the C's make their pick whether they're lucky enough to move up or not.  no need to trade Rondo

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

I like that he says "out of Boston," like Rondo's  trapped here.

He IS trapped here.  He is the best player on a rebuilding team...putting up double-doubles and triple-doubles that won't matter much in the final standings.  And there is nothing he can do about it until the season is over.  That is TRAPPED. 

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Give me Kyrie and we'll talk, otherwise goodbye.

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Nah, Rondo is better.     We need a big in any rr trade, which to me, is why a Cle, Ny, or La don't make sense.   

we need guys like:
Drummond, Cousins, Horford

otherwise
you gotta keep Rajon.   

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 04:09:13 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Nah, Rondo is better.     We need a big in any rr trade, which to me, is why a Cle, Ny, or La don't make sense.   

we need guys like:
Drummond, Cousins, Horford

otherwise
you gotta keep Rajon.

You aren't going to get full value for Rondo, teams know he has every intention of testing the market and has stated he won't sign an extension, so you have to account for that.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion