Author Topic: LA wants Rondo: Here is how you get him  (Read 9477 times)

Re: LA wants Rondo: Here is how you get him
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2014, 08:31:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
They won't trade , don't need too.....unless Danny threatens to trade him before he becomes a free agent.

They will wait till off season and simply offer him a max deal.   Lakers have been saving and plotting to get more stars .....so since Howard, Melo, CP3 , Paul George fell though .....Rondo is in line for a LA max deal

Nobody but the a Celtics can beat their offer .  And I don't believe the Celtics will out bid the Lakers.

So basically they are going to,force Danny to trade him or sign him to a max deal before Danny has to let him walk for nothing .

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:41:05 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
sorry bud don't like it at all.
Bird Rights to Rondo are worth more than that ...

Here's a question for everyone....

What if the Lakers offered Julius Randle + a preferential pick swap for the Lakers 2017 pick for Rondo ?
Or their 2016 pick rights with Randle?

[Edited.  No swearing.]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:36:05 PM by Roy H. »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
They won't trade , don't need too.....unless Danny threatens to trade him before he becomes a free agent.

They will wait till off season and simply offer him a max deal.   Lakers have been saving and plotting to get more stars .....so since Howard, Melo, CP3 , Paul George fell though .....Rondo is in line for a LA max deal

Nobody but the a Celtics can beat their offer .  And I don't believe the Celtics will out bid the Lakers.

So basically they are going to,force Danny to trade him or sign him to a max deal before Danny has to let him walk for nothing .

That's if Rondo even wants to play in LA at all

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2014, 10:16:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
sorry bud don't like it at all.
Bird Rights to Rondo are worth more than that stockpile of sh%(^

Here's a question for everyone....

What if the Lakers offered Julius Randle + a preferential pick swap for the Lakers 2017 pick for Rondo ?
Or their 2016 pick rights with Randle?

Still a pair of crappy deals.  Rondo makes them better and devalues either of those picks.  Randle would be stuck behind Sully, KO and Bass on the depth chart -- does nothing for us but add to the logjam at PF.  still doesn't defend and that was before the injury

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Trade Rondo now and we be top 3 worst team in the league

And that is a wonderful thing!
only to you and 3 other posters

If you wouldn't take 8 years of a possible star in Randle over 1 year of a role player like Rondo then I don't know what to tell you...keep hoping for another "star" to join Rondo it's not happening. Tanking is the only way.

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Anytime you have a chance to trade a 4-time all-star and last link to our championship team for future superstar and current wheelchair occupant Julius "J-Rod (in his leg)" Randle, you've got to jump on it.

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Trade Rondo now and we be top 3 worst team in the league

And that is a wonderful thing!
only to you and 3 other posters

If you wouldn't take 8 years of a possible star in Randle over 1 year of a role player like Rondo then I don't know what to tell you...keep hoping for another "star" to join Rondo it's not happening. Tanking is the only way.
Tanking is anything but 'the only way'.  it's the biggest gamble.

Randle's far from a star. forget that he's out for the year with injury but just looking at our roster as it currently is, he's 4TH on the depth chart at PF behind Sully, KO and Bass.   What you can tell me is what's the fascination for a player that's more limited offensively than Sully and KO and far worse defensively and on the boards?

as for Rondo, C's have by far the best opportunity to resign him.  Can offer more years and more money and that's without getting into him liking playing in Boston or his first-hand experience seeing Danny's drive to make the team a contender. 
The 'stars' available in free agency next offseason are few and they're very likely to resign with their current teams.  Danny has lots of assets to trade for someone talented to pair with Rondo.

your fascination with trading away talent for speculative potential (which doesn't figure to ever be as good as the player you're trying to give away) is mindboggling.  pinning all your hopes on a fickle opportunity in the draft is foolish.  C's will not be very good this year.  A top pick is coming their way no matter what.  Keep Rondo, add that pick, clear some of the deadwood at the end of the season if nothing available at the deadline (Bass, Thornton, Green, Fav) and see if there's a FA that can be stolen like Gasol. 

If not, 2016, another likely 2 lottery picks (our and Nets), clear Wallace and Turner (and Green if he had mysteriously opted in the prior year) and go after the deeper pool of FA's that offseason with a load of capspace available.  I honestly don't think Danny will wait until after 2015 to make a significant move to improve the team but it's possible.

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 12:35:07 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
No disrespect to anyone, but Ed Davis is a player.  He has a 24.4 PER thus far this year.  It is a shame that Memphis had NO clue how to use him the last year or two.  Also, Nick Young had a 16.1 PER last year and shot around 39% from three and is about a career 38% shooter from downtown!!  And we get a first rounder and unload Wallace.

I do NOT want to trade Rondo, but I sure as heck do NOT want to lose him to the Lakers via free agency for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77
Ed Davis is on a 1 million dollar contract with a player option. If you want him, pay him in free agency in the offseason.

Nick Young is a one-dimensional chucker who's only above average PER season was with the Lakers last year when he had total freedom to just shoot and not play any defense. Not a very attractive asset either. Not the worst contract in the league, but not one I really want. Especially with Bradley on board.

They only big assets the Lakers have are their top 5 pick IF they get it and Randle. I don't see why they'd trade either for Rondo anyways. Nor do I see the C's wanting Randle and they can't even really get the pick because if the Lakers fall out of top 5 the C's would be stuck with a 2017 first round pick at best.

Can the Lakers even trade their pick since they've already traded a protected version of it to Phoenix?

And their 2017 pick (only top 3 protected IIRC) went to Orlando in the Howard trade.

So it would seem to me that 2019 is their only first other than the Houston one they got for Lin that they can trade during the season.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Anytime you have a chance to trade a 4-time all-star and last link to our championship team for future superstar and current wheelchair occupant Julius "J-Rod (in his leg)" Randle, you've got to jump on it.

Well, now I'm sold.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.