Author Topic: LA wants Rondo: Here is how you get him  (Read 9478 times)

Re: LA wants Rondo: Here is how you get him
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Bass, Green, 2nd round pick for Durant, Howard, CP3, Duncan and Kyle. And then we tank to get the first pick.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 08:37:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
These Rondo to LA ideas make absolutely no sense. Why would we trade Rondo for cap space and a pile of nothing role players.

I'd rather let him walk than take back what the Lakers could offer in a Rondo deal.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Davis, hill, future 1st.   

Then trade bass and maybe zeller

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I love Davis and I'm a big Hill fan but this package for Rondo is a huge no.

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 09:05:15 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I asked this in another thread, but why do they trade for him when they can just sign him this off season and keep their assets? They continue to suck, get a top 5 pick to add to Kobe and Randle, then chase Rondo in free agency.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
"Let's trade Bass, Green, 2nd round pick for Durant, Howard, CP3, Duncan and Kyle".

I'll post this everytime. Seriously, let's STOP the trade ideas. Ban them. Until the end of the season. OK? Thanks.

Who are you?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
No disrespect to anyone, but Ed Davis is a player.  He has a 24.4 PER thus far this year.  It is a shame that Memphis had NO clue how to use him the last year or two.  Also, Nick Young had a 16.1 PER last year and shot around 39% from three and is about a career 38% shooter from downtown!!  And we get a first rounder and unload Wallace.

I do NOT want to trade Rondo, but I sure as heck do NOT want to lose him to the Lakers via free agency for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Before the sky falls on everyone -- the only reasonable way that the Celtics would lose Rondo to the Lakers in free agency is if A) they were willing to give him a larger contract (highly unlikely, since the C's will be able to offer him the largest deal out of any team in the NBA) and B) if Rondo thought that the money he'd be giving up by signing with the Lakers would be offset by the increased likelihood of winning a championship.

Since the Lakers suck -- arguably worse than the Celtics do -- and play in a conference where making the playoffs, let alone a deep playoff run, is significantly harder, it's a pretty safe bet that Rondo won't be bailing for Los Angeles. Unless he really, really want to play there, but there's not a lot of evidence to support that position.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No disrespect to anyone, but Ed Davis is a player.  He has a 24.4 PER thus far this year.  It is a shame that Memphis had NO clue how to use him the last year or two.  Also, Nick Young had a 16.1 PER last year and shot around 39% from three and is about a career 38% shooter from downtown!!  And we get a first rounder and unload Wallace.

I do NOT want to trade Rondo, but I sure as heck do NOT want to lose him to the Lakers via free agency for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77
Ed Davis is on a 1 million dollar contract with a player option. If you want him, pay him in free agency in the offseason.

Nick Young is a one-dimensional chucker who's only above average PER season was with the Lakers last year when he had total freedom to just shoot and not play any defense. Not a very attractive asset either. Not the worst contract in the league, but not one I really want. Especially with Bradley on board.

They only big assets the Lakers have are their top 5 pick IF they get it and Randle. I don't see why they'd trade either for Rondo anyways. Nor do I see the C's wanting Randle and they can't even really get the pick because if the Lakers fall out of top 5 the C's would be stuck with a 2017 first round pick at best.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I love the expiring deals because we are a free agent mecca, NOT!

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 10:59:41 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I asked this in another thread, but why do they trade for him when they can just sign him this off season and keep their assets? They continue to suck, get a top 5 pick to add to Kobe and Randle, then chase Rondo in free agency.
so you own his rights and can offer him more money than anyone else next year.  So you actually get him there to show him how awesome it is playing for the Lakers (thus making it easier to sign him long term this summer).  So they don't totally waste this year of Kobe.  Because they need to do something to draw headlines (for the right reason).  Because they want to improve their team now.

I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 11:09:03 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

so you own his rights and can offer him more money than anyone else next year.  So you actually get him there to show him how awesome it is playing for the Lakers (thus making it easier to sign him long term this summer).  So they don't totally waste this year of Kobe.  Because they need to do something to draw headlines (for the right reason).  Because they want to improve their team now.

I disagree. Even if they trade for him right now, they would marginally improve but still won't have enough to make the playoffs in the west. You could even argue that acquiring him now would endanger their chances of keeping their 1st rounder since they only get to keep it if it's top 5. LA loves headlines, but they're also smart enough to understand they're not that good right now and need a lot work to get back into playoff contention. They'd be better served using their assets to try and acquire a big like Al Horford and then try to add Rondo in FA.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
I'm not a Rondo fan, but you are fxxxxxxx crazy. That's what I can say.

BTW Phoenix has LA top 5 protected pick.

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 11:16:28 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

I disagree. Even if they trade for him right now, they would marginally improve but still won't have enough to make the playoffs in the west. You could even argue that acquiring him now would endanger their chances of keeping their 1st rounder since they only get to keep it if it's top 5. LA loves headlines, but they're also smart enough to understand they're not that good right now and need a lot work to get back into playoff contention. They'd be better served using their assets to try and acquire a big like Al Horford and then try to add Rondo in FA.

What is there to disagree with? Beyond the fact that they won't make the playoffs, the best opportunity that they have to land Rondo is in trade, not free agency.

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Why would you ever help the Lakers. Yuck.