Author Topic: Trading for Biyombo (and shuffling chairs), trades with CHA and OKC  (Read 1168 times)

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
What's better than one Perk? Two Perk! Perk and Biyombo (i.e. Perk clone).

With a massive hole in the middle defensively, what better way to fill it with two "middlemen" who do nothing but play defense?

Without further ado:

BOS-CHA trade
BOS sends:

Marcus Thornton
Tyler Zeller
CHA sends:
BISMACK BIYOMBO
Gerald Henderson

BOS-OKC trade
BOS sends:
Vitor Faverani
Brandon Bass
OKC sends:
KENDRICK PERKINS

THOUGHTS
For OKC
Why pay Perk to put up zeroes? PERK up your offense with Brandon Bass. Replace the shell of Perkins with a new and improved Brandon Bass (now with 100% more threes).

A solid vet when KD comes back, go all in on Iblocka and Stevens for rim protection duties.
Perry Jones and Bass might make a good tandem. I've always thought Bass is interesting alongside forwards who can also defend both forward spots because they would be able to switch without consequence, negating 3/4 screenplays.

Vitor Faverani has more 18 rebound 6 block games than many other players.

Vitor Faverani can shoot 3's. Threes are all the rage with kids these days.

For CHA
Zeller-Zeller would be like the Morris-Morris of the East. Except less twinsies. There may be potential there. Seriously.

The problem with the Bobcats Hornets right now is their defense when Big Al sits down (allegedly). Biyombo's problem is he can't stay on the floor due to his garbage offense, but Zeller can. We all saw how cool a Zeller-Olynyk lineup is defensively. Such length. There's potential in a Zeller-Zeller + Zeller-Jefferson frontcourt. There's constant length.

The Hornets could use more shooting to go with Big Al. Instead of shooting 2's with Hendo, shoot 3's with Marcus Thornton.

What happens when Lance sits? Craziness goes down 1000000000%. Thornton might not be as crazy, but his craystyle playstyle could fool you for the 10-15 minutes Lance is on the bench. Hornets fans would be playing emotional roulette all game.

Last but not least, for BOS
We get Perk. We get two Perk. 'nuff said.

You want D? We got D. We got nothing but D, literally. When Perk fouls out after swiping aimlessly too many times and/or scowling too hard at the refs twice, we would have Perk 2.0!

No offense? I got that covered.
The way we lose games now is by going cold and being unable to outgun opponents.
When we're cold, opponents are picking apart Kelly Olynyk.
But after the trade, if you dare venture into Celtic paint, you'd be met with the Perk Bros.
When our crazy-defense-leading-to-offense offense finally decides to show up, forget playing 4-on-5. We'd be playing 2-on-1. 1-on-nothing. We'd be on the break all game. You'll never hear the end of Tommy.
And when our offense starts pumping, heck, we'd be playing Evan-Turner-on-5 and still be getting buckets. Our offense ROCKS (when it gets going).

Who better to pair someone who does nothing but play defense than with someone who does nothing but force others to play offense? RAJONNNNNNN RONDOOOOOOOO

"I DON'T CARE IF WE LOSE. I DON'T CARE THAT WE'RE DOWN 30. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'VE HAD 20 TURNOVERS IN A ROW. YOU'RE GONNA GET THE BALL BIYOMBO. YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME BRADLEY STEVENS!"
- Rajon Rondo, post Biyombo-Perk trade (history was made).
The perfect pass. Rondo's got that tint in his eyes. He's got them fooled. Even though Rondo's been force feeding Biyombo for mad-genius reasons, he's worked his magic and somehow strung the defense again.
"Success" thinks Rondo.
*BONK* --- slips right through Biyombo's hands and hits his head...

Perk could mentor Biyombo. They're practically the same player. Heck, Perk could teach Olynyk how to scowl. Jared has the lack of length and the abundance of width of Perk, maybe he's the franchise center of your Boston Celtics? Just needa untap that potential?

How about that, Rondo? We've got Perk. When Perk retires, we've got another.

When Biyombo finally develops, we could potentially have another Jeff Green trade situation on our hands. Heck, I think OKC has found their next Jeff Green in Perry Jones III (who, incidentally, was also super close to becoming a Celtic). We could have our own little thing, like the Lakers. But instead of stealing franchise centers from Orlando, we'd trade defensive centers going downhill for tweener forwards who frustrate you with their passive basketball.

Centers shooting 3's!? Bullocks! Even Brad Stevens and his new-agedness wouldn't dare have Perk and Biyombo shoot a 3...or would he? Old school basketball all day!
But how awesome would it be if Perk/Perk Jr. start shooting 3's? You just can't lose!

But who needs reasons?
PERK!!!

(Also, smallPerk)

Re: Trading for Biyombo (and shuffling chairs), trades with CHA and OKC
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 06:26:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I see what you're thinking, but in reality, Perkins is useless in our system.
I mean he's already useless, but he's even more useless and basically clogs the lane and can't rebound. He can barely defend now either.
We need quick, mobile bigs that can

a) run the pick and roll
b) defend the paint with some kind of agility and rebounding ability.
c) hit a 10-15 foot jumpshot or free throw every now and then.

Zeller fills those three categories better than Biyombo and Perkins overall.

I'm pretty sure Perk is expiring this season and so is Biyombo so after this season do we re-sign or let them walk?

I'd rather keep Zeller and let him work on the pick and roll with Rondo and Smart- he's a better piece than both these chumps. (well Biyombo is half chump and I wouldn't mind him as a back up center).

Perk would be a nice back up center but the only way I'd trade for Perk is if OKC wanted some depth on the wing with all their injuries and they could take Wallace+2nd round picks for Perkins. I'd say Wallace is more useful than Perk at this point in their careers.

It's 2014, Perk is so 2008.
I guess having Perkins here might be good for keeping Rondo, but we have his Bird rights which should be plenty enough.

I don't see adding Perkins to this team as any kind of positive addition on the court and there's no way I'd give up Zeller on his cheap deal with 2 years remaining for Perk or Biyombo or Henderson.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 06:36:24 AM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
"Let's trade Bass, Green, 2nd round pick for Durant, Howard, CP3, Duncan and Kyle".

My good lord.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 06:55:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
A trade for Perk thread = Auto-Ignore