Author Topic: Free John Henson  (Read 13510 times)

Re: Free John Henson
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 10:01:57 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
listed as day to day with  sprained foot but he's down to 12 min a game this year.

I don't understand, has he regressed that much?
averaged 11pts 7 rebounds 1.7 blocks in 26 min last year.

either he p---ed of kidd somehow or their showcasing sanders (who ain't doing much to draw interest)

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Yeah they are shopping Sanders. Henson looks like a solid starting center.

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
listed as day to day with  sprained foot but he's down to 12 min a game this year.

either he p---ed of kidd somehow or their showcasing sanders (who ain't doing much to draw interest)

Henson was lousy last year. A liability on defense and offense.

He only got 26mpg because his team was dreadful. 15 wins vs 67 losses dreadful.

Henson was stat-padding while being force fed minutes on a terrible basketball team

Milwaukee is a better team this year. They have Sanders back healthy at center and he is rightly taking up the bulk of the minutes there. At PF, they are playing Jabari (top draft pick) and Ilyasova as PF platoon. Those guys are all correctly playing ahead of a limited player like Henson.

The backup C spot is the only one open for Henson and even then the Bucks have Zaza there and Zaza is the better player over Henson. Frankly, Henson should be playing less minutes than 12mpg. Not more. He is lucky to be playing so much.

If Sanders could just keep himself out of foul trouble, Henson wouldn't even get that 12mpg.

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Yeah they are shopping Sanders. Henson looks like a solid starting center.

If they're shopping, we're buying!

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2014, 11:45:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

He only got 26mpg because his team was dreadful. 15 wins vs 67 losses dreadful.

Henson was stat-padding while being force fed minutes on a terrible basketball team

Milwaukee is a better team this year. They have Sanders back healthy at center and he is rightly taking up the bulk of the minutes there. At PF, they are playing Jabari (top draft pick) and Ilyasova as PF platoon. Those guys are all correctly playing ahead of a limited player like Henson.

The backup C spot is the only one open for Henson and even then the Bucks have Zaza there and Zaza is the better player over Henson. Frankly, Henson should be playing less minutes than 12mpg. Not more. He is lucky to be playing so much.

If Sanders could just keep himself out of foul trouble, Henson wouldn't even get that 12mpg.
Seriously?  Gonna watch next three Bucks games and get an updated view. I really didn't think Sanders was out playing Henson but only watched first 6 games.

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2014, 02:16:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So where do I sign ;) ;D?  This kid, if he really hit the weights like Hassan Whiteside obviously has, could be a tremendous player.  Right now, based off of a number of YouTube clips lol, the guy looks like a poor-man's Anthony Davis, both in frame and game.  What really impresses me is his post play, despite the fact that he looks like a stick right now ;D.  Dat left-handed old-time hook shot, tho ;) ;D.  It's Black Friday tomorrow - maybe we'll get a discount (sarcasm) ;D.

And yes, I know how YouTube clips can make anyone look like a superstar lol, but 25 REBOUNDS and 7 BLOCKS is nothing to shake your head at.  Those are Deandre Jordan numbers.  You should look at last year's splits, because, despite the small sample size of four games where he played 40+ minutes, he averaged 19.5 ppg, 13.8 rpg (of which 4.25 were offensive), 2.8 apg, and 3 bpg.  HELLO! ;D :o
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:24:40 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2014, 09:53:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I 'd take 1.7 BPG in a heartbeat.   Could he be worse on D than Sully and KO on D?  I doubt it.

He is too skinny and needs to add at least 15 lbs of muscle.  He gets pushed around.  He does have elite length.