Author Topic: Free John Henson  (Read 13511 times)

Re: Free John Henson
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 08:29:05 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Nothing wrong with a healthy discussion, you obviously have the right to your opinion.

That said, I think "choosing not to compete this year" is the wrong way to frame it.  It's more that, instead of their primary goal being to push for the playoffs, they're focused on development of their players.  If wins come with that?  Then great.  But they're not likely to make "win now" moves for the sake of making win now moves.  It's expected that with a young core of players, they'll struggle to win games and the Bucks ownership is on board with that.  They're not making a conscious decision to lose, they're just fine with accepting losses at this point.  That's why I'm saying a straight up Henson-Green trade doesn't make sense since it's not really a move that furthers development, it just helps them in a playoff chase in which they're not all that interested in participating.

I'll put it this way: if the Bucks were really interested in chasing the playoffs, would they have traded veteran contributors like Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour simply for expiring contracts last season?  Those guys aren't amazing players by any means, but they've at least got experience; in Neal's case, he was just months removed from playing a considerable role on a Finals team.

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I think trading the Bucks a pick would be a great move. I would consider swapping Thornton and a late first for OJ Mayo (is signed for a year more than Thornton) and Henson.
I like this proposal a lot but I'm not sure the Bucks would go for it. Getting more athletic and more above the rim at the 4/5 should be a priority for us. Currently, we are seriously lacking these kind of Bigs.

100% the Bucks turn this down.  I like Henson. He's unproven, but the potential is there and the length, athleticism, and defensive ability vs what we have at C, the most crucial defensive position, are all definitely there.  The Bucks are staffed up at SF, PF and C.  I would not initially offer this, but I'd go as high as Bradley + Clips 1st for Henson, X & a future 2nd, for 2 reasons.

1. I think Henson is worth it & AB is worth more now than he will be in 2 years, pending cap.
2. The trade gives us a 5 of RR Smart Green JS/KO & Henson, + KO/JS, Young, 2015 1st

From there, we have a core of 8 young players to develop, plus Bass, Zeller, Turner & Thornton (and hopefully 6-8 legitimate assets if a superstar has a team over a barrel, which I'd like a lot).

I think I agree with this trade.  I also think the Bucks jump all over it.  I really wonder IF we have to include a pick at all though.  Since the Bucks are only at a total team salary of about 55.8 million, this trade should work on or after January 15th (when Bradley can be traded).  Nice idea!!!

Smitty77

Thanks my man, posting trade ideas is always tough.  You want the most back while giving up the least, makes total sense, so I see a lot of trades posted that I'd love to make but that don't seem possible.  I expected revolt at the idea of Bradley AND anything for Henson, but I expect that's the offer quality that's gonna be realistic.  Given our unbalanced roster, I'd pursue it  :)
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's interesting to me that so many people here seem to value Olynyk so little when he's arguably the best offensive player on the team.

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Henson got some minutes last night.
Line: 8pts, 2rebounds, 3 blocks in 19 min.
May be a season high in min.
One thing the kid can do is block shots.
One thing we need is a shot blocker.
Just sayin...

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 04:43:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
It's interesting to me that so many people here seem to value Olynyk so little when he's arguably the best offensive player on the team.

I don't think there's much of an argument in that direction that extends beyond fg%. But I'd agree he's undervalued by many.

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I continue to believe a Rondo for Knight & Henson deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9drumy

Short of that, hard to see us getting Henson from MIL. Our "assets" don't make much sense for them. They need a SG.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I continue to believe a Rondo for Knight & Henson deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Short of that, hard to see us getting Henson from MIL. Our "assets" don't make much sense for them. They need a SG.

Wow, this really does make some sense.  But, I guess it is highly contingent on whether the Bucks are willing to risk Rondo jetting at the end of the year!!  Knight actually has a higher PER this year than Rondo!!  But, we simply would NOT know what to do with a PG that shoots 88% at the line:-)))

Smitty77

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 06:50:26 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

We do 't need to give up rondo to get henson.
Swap a TE for him and
In another deal trade lotto protected clips pick pick and second rounder  for a second rounder.
Bucks get two picks  and a $2m TE
We get a young  athletic, high energy big who swats shots and runs.

I see a 4 big rotation with sully and Zeller starting and Oly and Henson coming off the bench.
As KO points out on the front page, green, sully, Zeller have a great plus minus differential. So let's run with it.
Pairing y and Henson as the back up big combo would cover oly's weaknesses and allow Henson to thrive off of Oly's spacing and passing.

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 07:36:05 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Swap a TE for him and
In another deal trade lotto protected clips pick pick and second rounder  for a second rounder.

I see a 4 big rotation with sully and Zeller starting and Oly and Henson coming off the bench.
As KO points out on the front page, green, sully, Zeller have a great plus minus differential. So let's run with it.
Pairing y and Henson as the back up big combo would cover oly's weaknesses and allow Henson to thrive off of Oly's spacing and passing.

You're underestimating his value. Not to mention the Bucks aren't likely to be trolling for picks -- they have the youngest team in the NBA already, with 4 of their 5 starters on their rookie deals.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Swap a TE for him and

You're underestimating his value. Not to mention the Bucks aren't likely to be trolling for picks -- they have the youngest team in the NBA already, with 4 of their 5 starters on their rookie deals.
trading Rondo for Knight and Henson would set the C's back years.  only point to making that deal is to make the team worse to improve lottery odds for years.

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
It should cost no more than Vitor Faverani (can be waived next yr) or a trade exception, along with the 2015 Clippers pick, & 2016 Cavs pick. Essentially two picks for Henson. If the Bucks are willing to trade him, this should be enough to get him.

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
It should cost no more than Vitor Faverani (can be waived next yr) or a trade exception, along with the 2015 Clippers pick, & 2016 Cavs pick. Essentially two picks for Henson. If the Bucks are willing to trade him, this should be enough to get him.
This.
Henson is behind Larry, Zaza, and ilyasova on depth chart.also
GA, provides same length, athleticism and far mor upside. Henson will rot with the bucks

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Too many homer responses.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Would you Free James Young for Freeing Henson?

I was just looking over yesterdays box score and I noticed that Henson received 9min in their game vs Indy. After 4 games he is averaging 14.8min per game down from the 26 per he received last season (while sanders was out). He is currently stuck as the 5th man in their Parker, Sanders, Iliyasova, Pachulia big man rotation. 

I'm not sure if their is any trade that makes sense between the Cs and Bucks but this is a kid I would love to see on the Celtics. He would bring the length, athleticism, and shot-blocking that we desperately need at the 5.

I also feel the same way about Biyomba but to a lesser extent. I think Henson will be an NBA starting center Biyombo a fringe starter or bench big. Both are to young to give up on.
Diggles

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Would you Free James Young for Freeing Henson?

I am guessing most would be against it.