Author Topic: Free John Henson  (Read 13578 times)

Re: Free John Henson
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would love to get Henson in a green uniform that doesn't say Bucks on it.  He would be a great fit here. 
Olynyk, Thornton, Wallace, Bass, a pick...whatever.

You're so selfless.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »

Offline a_new_hope

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Love the idea of landing Henson. Milwaukee has cap space. .. they could absorb Green, move Parker to the 4 play Green at the 3... Giannis get's minutes at 2, 3, 4. Celt's get Henson and maybe Iginla, plus cap relief. Sell high on Green. The trade does work on ESPN's trade machine. Also opens time to see more Turner and Young.

Ultimately, I doubt Ainge would do the deal... he has invested a lot in Green.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 08:54:05 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Love the idea of landing Henson. Milwaukee has cap space. .. they could absorb Green, move Parker to the 4 play Green at the 3... Giannis get's minutes at 2, 3, 4. Celt's get Henson and maybe Iginla, plus cap relief. Sell high on Green. The trade does work on ESPN's trade machine. Also opens time to see more Turner and Young.

If the Cs bet "Iginla", maybe they can trade him back to the Bruins.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »

Offline a_new_hope

• Jaden Springer
Oh yeah. Well it would be an awesome trade for the Boston as a whole ;)
I kinda sorta meant Inglis, rookie sf destined to get no run on the Bucks.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 01:04:06 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

You really think Ainge would hold off on trading for Henson just because of Green?  It's more that Milwaukee would hold off on trading Henson for Green.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 01:36:58 AM »

Offline a_new_hope

• Jaden Springer
Milwaukee might balk, and the Web is full of hideous trade suggestions, maybe this is just another, but, I think it's fair value. I think it advances the cause for both teams. The real question to me is whether there is better deal out there for Milwaukee. They don't get free agents, Henson has gotten limited run, had injuries etc. Green is a vet, a third option and probably will provide most of 2 years service (barring an opt out).

In some ways Henson's profile is like Brandon Wright's (at the beginning of his career); he has a couple of years with modest minutes and high PER. Some of the minutes issues can be explained based on duplication of skill sets with Sanders. But last year Sanders missed most of the year an  Henson only got 26 minutes a game. The Bucks had every reason to give Henson burn, but he couldn't claim starters minutes with Pachulia &Illyasova getting equal floor time.

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 02:04:37 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I think trading the Bucks a pick would be a great move. I would consider swapping Thornton and a late first for OJ Mayo (is signed for a year more than Thornton) and Henson.
I like this proposal a lot but I'm not sure the Bucks would go for it. Getting more athletic and more above the rim at the 4/5 should be a priority for us. Currently, we are seriously lacking these kind of Bigs.

100% the Bucks turn this down.  I like Henson. He's unproven, but the potential is there and the length, athleticism, and defensive ability vs what we have at C, the most crucial defensive position, are all definitely there.  The Bucks are staffed up at SF, PF and C.  I would not initially offer this, but I'd go as high as Bradley + Clips 1st for Henson, X & a future 2nd, for 2 reasons.

1. I think Henson is worth it & AB is worth more now than he will be in 2 years, pending cap.
2. The trade gives us a 5 of RR Smart Green JS/KO & Henson, + KO/JS, Young, 2015 1st

From there, we have a core of 8 young players to develop, plus Bass, Zeller, Turner & Thornton (and hopefully 6-8 legitimate assets if a superstar has a team over a barrel, which I'd like a lot).
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 03:28:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I like the Brandon Wright comparison.  Jeff Green is better than Brandon Wright.

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 04:09:50 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

I'd rather jump into The Charles in March than see more of Evan Turner!

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 06:02:17 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

I think trading the Bucks a pick would be a great move. I would consider swapping Thornton and a late first for OJ Mayo (is signed for a year more than Thornton) and Henson.
I like this proposal a lot but I'm not sure the Bucks would go for it. Getting more athletic and more above the rim at the 4/5 should be a priority for us. Currently, we are seriously lacking these kind of Bigs.

100% the Bucks turn this down.  I like Henson. He's unproven, but the potential is there and the length, athleticism, and defensive ability vs what we have at C, the most crucial defensive position, are all definitely there.  The Bucks are staffed up at SF, PF and C.  I would not initially offer this, but I'd go as high as Bradley + Clips 1st for Henson, X & a future 2nd, for 2 reasons.

1. I think Henson is worth it & AB is worth more now than he will be in 2 years, pending cap.
2. The trade gives us a 5 of RR Smart Green JS/KO & Henson, + KO/JS, Young, 2015 1st

From there, we have a core of 8 young players to develop, plus Bass, Zeller, Turner & Thornton (and hopefully 6-8 legitimate assets if a superstar has a team over a barrel, which I'd like a lot).

I think I agree with this trade.  I also think the Bucks jump all over it.  I really wonder IF we have to include a pick at all though.  Since the Bucks are only at a total team salary of about 55.8 million, this trade should work on or after January 15th (when Bradley can be traded).  Nice idea!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Milwaukee might balk, and the Web is full of hideous trade suggestions, maybe this is just another, but, I think it's fair value. I think it advances the cause for both teams. The real question to me is whether there is better deal out there for Milwaukee. They don't get free agents, Henson has gotten limited run, had injuries etc. Green is a vet, a third option and probably will provide most of 2 years service (barring an opt out).

How does it advance their cause?  They're rebuilding, they're not ready to contend.  Factor in Green's opt out clause and the fact that he's a forward (and would therefore take away some playing time from both Antetokounmpo and Parker) and it doesn't make much sense for them at all.

They've got a number of vets already: Pachulia, Ilyasova, Dudley, Mayo.  They don't particularly need Green for that reason.

Keep in mind I'm not saying they won't trade Henson, but I'd be willing to bet money there's no way a rebuilding team like the Bucks is going to trade him simply for a pseudo-expiring free agent who plays the same two positions as their two main prospects.  There's not even a considerable financial aspect to consider since, over the next two years combined, Henson makes less than half of Green's salary for this year alone.

A one-for-one Henson-Green trade simply makes no sense for Milwaukee.  It further crowds their forward rotation (remember that they still have Dudley and Ilyasova, who figure to see some time) and doesn't improve their team in any meaningful manner.

(Note that I'm not ruling out that they'd trade Henson for Green, but not just Green alone.  Attach a pick or something else and it'd probably move the needle for them.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:27:52 PM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 01:53:01 PM »

Offline a_new_hope

• Jaden Springer
Ugh posting from cell phones is a bad idea. Quick summary. .. I thought Bucks would be 8th seed last year... which wasn't far off from a variety of projections. Bad coach gone, injuries resolved ownership stabelized, plus Jabari Parker. They have a bunch of youth, more actually could set them back. A solid pro like Green, with playoff success allows them to bring along youth without pulling an MCW and rewarding bad ball. SF is the spot on the roster where a starting caliber vet isn't lined up (IMO Dudley is an 8th man).

Additionally, Green can be easily re-signed if he provides value or cap space to lock up their kids at just the right time. And while the stadium isue is unresolved the Buck's need to get traction with fans. They need to win.

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
They're not making a playoff push, though.  Whatever they were aiming for at the start of last year was at the start of last year; their goals changed over the course of the season and they've since made it clear they're now embracing their youth movement and going through a true rebuild.

And the "win now at all costs" mentality is exactly why the Bucks have been a mediocre, 7th-9th seed team for about 15 years and exactly why they decided to change course last season.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:42:58 PM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 02:47:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Also there is no real stadium issue, at least on behalf of the ownership. Unless you don't think they'll be able to raise the money to upgrade the stadium (and keep the team) if they're not winning.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »

Offline a_new_hope

• Jaden Springer
Really thoughtful replies, it's been a long time since I spent time on message boards and I'm enjoying it here. No real argument with the positions taken. I still personally think the Buck's will land in the playoffs this year and suprise people. It's true that they have been trapped in a wor es e version of the Hawk's annual mediocrity cycle, but with Giannis, Parker, Sanders and knight, I think they have their cornerstones. Choosing not to compete this year would only entrench losing basketball. Regarding the stadium, I think there is a clause in the ownership contract that requires a new stadium built within a few years or the team is forced to go back up for sale... I know the ownership group is supposed to be lining up the real estate, but I don't know if they have the cash to pay for a stadium outright. Not sure Wisconsin is all about using public funds to pay for private ventures these days... unless it's for the Packers.