Author Topic: Free John Henson  (Read 13524 times)

Free John Henson
« on: November 05, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I was just looking over yesterdays box score and I noticed that Henson received 9min in their game vs Indy. After 4 games he is averaging 14.8min per game down from the 26 per he received last season (while sanders was out). He is currently stuck as the 5th man in their Parker, Sanders, Iliyasova, Pachulia big man rotation. 

I'm not sure if their is any trade that makes sense between the Cs and Bucks but this is a kid I would love to see on the Celtics. He would bring the length, athleticism, and shot-blocking that we desperately need at the 5.

I also feel the same way about Biyomba but to a lesser extent. I think Henson will be an NBA starting center Biyombo a fringe starter or bench big. Both are to young to give up on.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:18:19 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Free John Henson
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 08:48:48 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Olynyk for Henson works.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6519081

Would the Bucks do this???

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Olynyk for Henson works.

Smitty77

I doubt it. They have an older, overpaid Olynyk in Ilyasova. Parker plays PF most of the time. Sanders and Zaza are set as 5s.

I'd do it if Danny finds a way to push it through. Henson is a great fit for us.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Kidd wants a running team that is quick to the ball on both ends. Henson is long and springy but he doesn't really fit that style of play.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 09:41:30 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Olynyk for Henson works.

Smitty77

I doubt it. They have an older, overpaid Olynyk in Ilyasova. Parker plays PF most of the time. Sanders and Zaza are set as 5s.

I'd do it if Danny finds a way to push it through. Henson is a great fit for us.

Yeah, I don't know if the Celtics are a really good match.  The Bucks would probably look for a suitable replacement for Knight (if they choose not to re-sign him after this season) more so than another big man given that they have Parker playing PF and will probably eventually have Giannis starting alongside him at SF.  That said, they're not going to be particularly interested in Rondo and the Celtics would obviously want more for Rondo.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:06:02 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I think the reason Henson is playing so little is because the Bucks are hoping Elyasova will have a few good games and someone will take him off their hands. I think they want to keep Henson and, ultimately, play him 30 minutes between PF and C

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
 Trade exception and (since te's can't be packaged with other pieces) a separate  pick swap deal?
Say the clips pick for a second rounder?
Don't think the late 1st round clips pick would have more value to us than Henson.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 11:18:06 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think trading the Bucks a pick would be a great move. I would consider swapping Thornton and a late first for OJ Mayo (is signed for a year more than Thornton) and Henson.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 07:20:48 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I think trading the Bucks a pick would be a great move. I would consider swapping Thornton and a late first for OJ Mayo (is signed for a year more than Thornton) and Henson.

I saw that Thorton + picks for Mayo and Henson works but I worry how negative an effect two years of Mayo would have on this team/rotation.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 07:31:49 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Not big on John Henson but I would trade anyone on the current roster for The Greek Freak.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 08:46:12 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I like this proposal a lot but I'm not sure the Bucks would go for it. Getting more athletic and more above the rim at the 4/5 should be a priority for us. Currently, we are seriously lacking these kind of Bigs.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I saw that Thorton + picks for Mayo and Henson works but I worry how negative an effect two years of Mayo would have on this team/rotation.

Not sure I would be willing to trade Gerald Wallace straight up for Mayo.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 05:35:20 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I would love to get Henson in a green uniform that doesn't say Bucks on it.  He would be a great fit here. 
Olynyk, Thornton, Wallace, Bass, a pick...whatever. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 05:45:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd love to have him. There's a lot of physical tools there to mold into something good.

But I'm not sure as to who we give up. They have a plethora of bigs and they may not like our guards. A pick maybe?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would trade anyone on the current roster for The Greek Freak.

He has some talent but anyone on the roster, I would not.  9 PPG and 5 RPG not bad shooting.