Author Topic: OKC is decimated...  (Read 1178 times)

OKC is decimated...
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
not to be a dead drum....
but OKC finished their game tonight with 6 healthy players. KD, Russ, Reggie, and PG3 are all hurt. Of course i know they'll all get healthy just fine... but perhaps now is a good time to deal with them when they're at their most desperate for depth in case of future recurring injuries this season?
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: OKC is decimated...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 11:27:14 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2931
I'd think they'd be interested in someone like Green, but they don't really have anything to give up for him. I'd really only want Jackson or Adams, and we're not getting Adams and Jackson would be redundant.  The best they could probably do is Perkins and a future first.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:06:58 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
but OKC finished their game tonight with 6 healthy players. KD, Russ, Reggie, and PG3 are all hurt. Of course i know they'll all get healthy just fine... but perhaps now is a good time to deal with them when they're at their most desperate for depth in case of future recurring injuries this season?
the GM and owners are able to see past the next few months. they know they wont replace their talent with equal talent in trades. so why trade to pick up another 6 to 8 wins but diminish your team come play off time?

they will probably hang on to what they have, let everyone heal, and prepare for the playoffs. so what if they are the number 7 or 8 seed? when healthy they will be a terror in the playoffs.

they are smart enough to hold tight to current talent and wait.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:53:42 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
the GM and owners are able to see past the next few months. they know they wont replace their talent with equal talent in trades. so why trade to pick up another 6 to 8 wins but diminish your team come play off time?

they will probably hang on to what they have, let everyone heal, and prepare for the playoffs. so what if they are the number 7 or 8 seed? when healthy they will be a terror in the playoffs.

they are smart enough to hold tight to current talent and wait.

This, plus there's a hardship exception that they can apply for (and I believe they already have, though I've found nothing conclusive on that end) to add emergency depth.