Author Topic: With one of our picks for the 2015 draft, would you draft Montrezl Harrell ?  (Read 4785 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
 (6'8 in shoes, 7'4 wingspan, 250 pounds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agLgo1sW11A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-sc9EhDiS4

Imagine having Harrell and Smart on the court at the same time, especially for defensive purposes ?  Two very intense players.  Imo would be an upgrade to Brandon Bass and now you can pair Harrell with Sullinger or KO and get the above the rim player that can protect the rim/and play terrific perimeter defense

Harrell's jumpshot has been improving and he has said it's one of his top priorities this upcoming season to make a big improvement on.   

If we end up keeping all the 2015 picks, i would love to get this guy (even if his jump shot does not improve as much as we like). 

thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:10:28 PM by triboy16f »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
while we do not know which picks the celtics will actually have, a good guess right now would place their picks areas that would be both too high and too low for harrell. that is, the first pick could probably get you someone a lot better, maybe alexander, WCS, or that like.

the second will be so unfavorable that harrell will likely be gone by time it rolls around.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Jeff Green for Bismack Biyombo?

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
If he is the best pick available, then go for it or trade all our 2015 picks to move up.

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
while we do not know which picks the celtics will actually have, a good guess right now would place their picks areas that would be both too high and too low for harrell. that is, the first pick could probably get you someone a lot better, maybe alexander, WCS, or that like.

the second will be so unfavorable that harrell will likely be gone by time it rolls around.

Is WCS really in a different stratosphere than Harrell? Maybe we'll know more in 6 months or whatever, but NBA Draftnet has Harrell going ahead of Cauley-Stein. They also list Harrell as a PF but could he play the 5 in the NBA(that wingspan)? I think he could. I prefer him to WCS because while Harrell is short for a center, his strengths would outweigh his lack of height.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Is WCS really in a different stratosphere than Harrell? Maybe we'll know more in 6 months or whatever, but NBA Draftnet has Harrell going ahead of Cauley-Stein. They also list Harrell as a PF but could he play the 5 in the NBA(that wingspan)? I think he could. I prefer him to WCS because while Harrell is short for a center, his strengths would outweigh his lack of height.

I don't know about that. Yes height isn't a huge issue, when you look at Ben Wallace, Chuck Hayes or Udonis Haslem. But height is still a vital factor. I prefer height, because its so advantageous. There aren't many dominant centers under 6'9. Ben Wallace is highly unlikely, for a player to go undrafted, and to have such an big impact.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if he's BPA at the time of one of our picks, then take him.  always go with BPA rather than draft for position.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

we both agree that WCS is not in a different "stratosphere" in terms of talent, but draft express has WCS going before harrell. and alexander does seem to be better than either of them.

however, everyone will know a lot more in 6 months, as you state. i think the celtics stand a very good chance of grabbing a good center in this draft.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Our pick will probably be top 10 and the pick from the Clippers will probably be bottom 10.

Harrell will probably get projected in the teens.

It's very early to say this, but I would be thrilled to get him with the Clipper pick. There's a solid chance he'd be our guy if we're picking in the 8-9-10 range... but there's also a good chance there will be a more skilled, higher upside option there.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Jeff Green for Bismack Biyombo?

Noooooooo.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like Harrell but I would not pick him above any of these guys:
1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Alexander
4. Turner
5. WCS

If all these guys are gone I would love him on the Celtics. However, I reserve to change my mind once the college season starts and I can actually watch these guys play.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
For as ugly as things got for Rick Pitino in Boston, he has recently made comments about how his time here was important to his development as a coach. I do think that he still has respect for our organization and I could see him imparting that same reverence on Harrell.

I do like the idea of drafting a player that wants to be here and as OP stated he'd definitely be and interesting fit with Smart since he can match his intensity. I'm really not sold on WCS and don't really think Cliff Alexander can really fit into a system quite yet. Montrezl Harrell is a rare case where he has fit, maturity and intangibles but also athleticism and upside to improve despite his advanced age. If Danny wanted to take him as high as 8 or 9 I wouldn't second guess the move.

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
depends on who is available and where the Celtics are picking.  Too early to know.  But if we change the question to do I think he's a fit on this team???  The answer to that question is YES. 

He's the type of guy who could play the role of athletic Center next to a stretch Big like KO.  I'm not sure how well he and Sully would mix but I'm sure they could make it work. 

I think at the end of the day both KO and Sully are dealt for an established star.  If that's the case then Harrell would be an excellent get for the C's.  I like his game, I like his energy.  Reminds me of Faried except he's bigger and stronger

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
depends on who is available and where the Celtics are picking.  Too early to know.  But if we change the question to do I think he's a fit on this team???  The answer to that question is YES. 

He's the type of guy who could play the role of athletic Center next to a stretch Big like KO.  I'm not sure how well he and Sully would mix but I'm sure they could make it work. 

I think at the end of the day both KO and Sully are dealt for an established star.  If that's the case then Harrell would be an excellent get for the C's.  I like his game, I like his energy.  Reminds me of Faried except he's bigger and stronger

+1. I think he will be a good addition to play with ko, sully and zeller. 

Harrell is an excellent player to have as your pf/c  if you want to play small ball too