Author Topic: will style of defense and pace cause injury problems  (Read 945 times)

will style of defense and pace cause injury problems
« on: November 01, 2014, 07:02:15 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
playing with pace  and substituting with fresh player might cause an attrition of minor injuries -sprained ankles ,wrists etc--watched rondo crash a screen and get flattened and smart built for getting over top get bounced by inside big,i know initiating aggressive contact may cause lazy players to back away the next time but it is a long season playing 110% at both ends-- watching kelly o hit the deck is painful, he does not fall with grace-even smart was slow to get up after fouled shooting three and he is a wrecking ball--

Re: will style of defense and pace cause injury problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 09:59:15 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Seems like a stretch.  If anything I'd say the liberal substitutions and depth should reduced the amount of wear and tear on the first 8 or 9 guys and spread it out to players 9, 10, and 11.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
your probably right-we played 40 min  pressure man to man for rollie massimino-there were two of us lanky,quick, good vertical .high motors with lateral speed and would go to the floor ,we had the  assortment of rolled ankles groin pulls,charley horses  but along with those the two of us collectively had a  broken wrist,dislocated shoulder,two severe sprains and in the end a wrecked knee-the padded slower less vertical guys seemed immune to injury-sorry when i saw rondo go down and then the bumped knee and the hockey style substituting it triggered this post

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
As long as guys aren't throwing their bodies around recklessly like Rose does, I don't think our offensive/defensive styles are any less safe than other teams'.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale