Author Topic: Burks' 42 million extension as compared to Bradley's  (Read 2619 times)

Re: Burks' 42 million extension as compared to Bradley's
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
a lot of money for a player I consider inferior to AB.  frightening to think how fast AB's deal is looking better and better in light of the financial insanity around the league since then

Same as Rondo's deal and Green's deal, really.  Danny is pretty good at getting ahead of the market.  Bass's deal still doesn't look great, though.
Still surprised that folks don't see the value in Brandon Bass. I loved the trade for Glen Davis at the time and he has proven to be a very reliable shooter, a surprisingly good defender (remember the respectable job he did on LeBron), admittedly a mediocre rebounder, but also give him credit for being an excellent teammate who shows up for work, rarely injured, and now is even willing to come off the bench in favor of starting the young guys. I call that decent value for his contract.

Re: Burks' 42 million extension as compared to Bradley's
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 06:58:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
a lot of money for a player I consider inferior to AB.  frightening to think how fast AB's deal is looking better and better in light of the financial insanity around the league since then

Same as Rondo's deal and Green's deal, really.  Danny is pretty good at getting ahead of the market.  Bass's deal still doesn't look great, though.
Still surprised that folks don't see the value in Brandon Bass. I loved the trade for Glen Davis at the time and he has proven to be a very reliable shooter, a surprisingly good defender (remember the respectable job he did on LeBron), admittedly a mediocre rebounder, but also give him credit for being an excellent teammate who shows up for work, rarely injured, and now is even willing to come off the bench in favor of starting the young guys. I call that decent value for his contract.

I like Bass, and he catches a lot of unnecessary flak around here, but Bass is a role player - he's good at what he does, but what he does is very limited and solid role players aren't a very good asset for a rebuilding team. 

And his contract is absolutely one of the reasons why it's been so difficult to trade him despite Danny trying for a year plus.  Because very few teams are ok with paying a backup role player that kind of money.