Author Topic: What was your best ever Halloween costume?  (Read 5898 times)

Re: What was your best ever Halloween costume?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Back in college, i dressed as a Facebook wall. It was basically a white poster board with the facebook logo, Paul Pierce writing on my wall and an empty box with "write on my wall ". I had markers with me and would have girls writing on my wall. I actually ended up getting a couple of numbers that way.
genius

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
I have a tendency to push the weirdness envelope.  I've been
- Roadkill
- Bellybutton lint
- Used Condom.

yes, I'm that warped
Please elaborate on how you pulled off a used rubber...
hmm, my secrets don't come cheaply.  for the price of 1 TP I may be pursuaded ;)

one used condom costume:
-get 2 shower curtains: 1 pink and 1 clear.
-get 1 can shaving cream
-get 1 roll clear packing tape
will need a large mirror to help see what you're doing at some steps
-Discretionary
- artistic items like markers or paint depending on how graphic you want the p*nis to look.

1. lay out pink shower curtain on floor.  Lie down on one end of it leaving about 9-12 inches above your head==your feet should be well past the bottom of the curtain.  the outside of the curtain should be face down since this will be the exposed side.
2. mark off where your shoulder is at on the edge of the curtain == this will mark where you have to cut holes for your arms.  Also, mark  above where your head rests == this will mark off where the top folds in.
3. get up and mark that spot across the curtain.  I ended up making 2 marks==1 just above my shoulder and 1 just below my arm and then drawing a line across the curtain from both marks.
4. get back on the curtain in the same position face up - use the marks you just made to line yourself back up to your orginal position.  Grab the near edge of the curtain with the hand away from that side.  pull the edge over you but leave some room.  don't make it snug because you'll need room to move, bend, etc...   Now roll towards the opposite side of the curtain still holding that edge.  you should be in a shower curtain tube when you're done.
5. let go of the curtain and slide out of it.  if you wrapped your self too snugly it'll be tough to do without unraveling it.  once out of it, tape the exposed edge of the curtain to the curtain == full length.  you should have a pink tube.  again, if this is too tight, you'll have a helluva time getting back in it.
6. turn the tube inside out so that you see the lines you drew.  cut armholes on opposite sides of the tube.  turn it inside out again so that the markings are on the inside.
7. OPTION 1: you can fold the tube at the top where the headline is marked so that the top is flat (or preferably slightly mounded) but do it so the edges of the curtain are not blantantly sticking out to the side.
OPTION 2: you can get back in the tube, put a mixing bowl on your head (obviously big enough to get your head in but also small enough to fit in the top end of the tube) and fold over the top of the curtain same as option 1 where no edges are showing ==> this will give you a more-rounded top of the costume.
==IMPORTANT: when you fold over the top you must make sure your head is covered completely.  you'll see why
Tape the top folds down.  This works much better if looking in a mirror.

YOUR P*ENIS is now complete.  if you feel like 'enhancing' it with some graphic details, I leave that to your discretion and artistic ability.

8. lay out the clear shower curtain same as you did for the pink one. put on the pink shower curtain before laying down on the clear one face up with about 8-10 inches at the top-->You need enough extra at the top to be able to close it like the pink one but with less concern for stuff leaking down on your head.
9. grab the edge like you did before and roll.  if you left enough room in the pink one you shouldn't have to worry about leaving room in the clear one -- the more snug to the pink one the better. 
10. once rolled up, let go of the curtain and slide out. 
11. tape the edge of the curtain to the curtain same as you did for the pink one.
12. cut arm holes in the clear one where they line up with the armholes in the pink one.
13. HELPFUL TIP: I found it helped keep everything aligned at this point to tape the bottom of both shower curtains together.  the clear one should be able to fold inside the pink one with those couple of inches the clear one overhangs the pink one-->another reason less room is used at the top of the clear one.
14. get back into the tubes SHORTLY BEFORE YOU PLAN TO WEAR THIS OUT.  if you do this next part too early like several hours early, the shaving cream doesn't hold up as well as you'd like.  the pink one should be closed and the clear one open. 
15. shake up the shaving cream well.  while looking in the mirror so you can see where it's going and filling up, spray the entire can through the top of the clear tube.  you want to get a good even coverage on the top of the pink shower curtain == this is why it's important to seal it well.  there will probably be some oozing down between the shower curtains so sealing it at the bottom (step 13) is highly recommended.
16. Gently fold over the top of the clear shower curtain without crushing the foam.  try to keep the edges from sticking out.  tape down the top.

YOU SHOULD NOW BE A FRESHLY USED CONDOM THAT'S SO FRESH IT HASN'T BEEN REMOVED YET.

took me about 30 minutes to put together.  was well worth it  based on the reactions I got.
This is beautiful. Thank you.

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 03:18:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I have a tendency to push the weirdness envelope.  I've been
- Roadkill
- Bellybutton lint
- Used Condom.

yes, I'm that warped
Please elaborate on how you pulled off a used rubber...
hmm, my secrets don't come cheaply.  for the price of 1 TP I may be pursuaded ;)

one used condom costume:
-get 2 shower curtains: 1 pink and 1 clear.
-get 1 can shaving cream
-get 1 roll clear packing tape
will need a large mirror to help see what you're doing at some steps
-Discretionary
- artistic items like markers or paint depending on how graphic you want the p*nis to look.

1. lay out pink shower curtain on floor.  Lie down on one end of it leaving about 9-12 inches above your head==your feet should be well past the bottom of the curtain.  the outside of the curtain should be face down since this will be the exposed side.
2. mark off where your shoulder is at on the edge of the curtain == this will mark where you have to cut holes for your arms.  Also, mark  above where your head rests == this will mark off where the top folds in.
3. get up and mark that spot across the curtain.  I ended up making 2 marks==1 just above my shoulder and 1 just below my arm and then drawing a line across the curtain from both marks.
4. get back on the curtain in the same position face up - use the marks you just made to line yourself back up to your orginal position.  Grab the near edge of the curtain with the hand away from that side.  pull the edge over you but leave some room.  don't make it snug because you'll need room to move, bend, etc...   Now roll towards the opposite side of the curtain still holding that edge.  you should be in a shower curtain tube when you're done.
5. let go of the curtain and slide out of it.  if you wrapped your self too snugly it'll be tough to do without unraveling it.  once out of it, tape the exposed edge of the curtain to the curtain == full length.  you should have a pink tube.  again, if this is too tight, you'll have a helluva time getting back in it.
6. turn the tube inside out so that you see the lines you drew.  cut armholes on opposite sides of the tube.  turn it inside out again so that the markings are on the inside.
7. OPTION 1: you can fold the tube at the top where the headline is marked so that the top is flat (or preferably slightly mounded) but do it so the edges of the curtain are not blantantly sticking out to the side.
OPTION 2: you can get back in the tube, put a mixing bowl on your head (obviously big enough to get your head in but also small enough to fit in the top end of the tube) and fold over the top of the curtain same as option 1 where no edges are showing ==> this will give you a more-rounded top of the costume.
==IMPORTANT: when you fold over the top you must make sure your head is covered completely.  you'll see why
Tape the top folds down.  This works much better if looking in a mirror.

YOUR P*ENIS is now complete.  if you feel like 'enhancing' it with some graphic details, I leave that to your discretion and artistic ability.

8. lay out the clear shower curtain same as you did for the pink one. put on the pink shower curtain before laying down on the clear one face up with about 8-10 inches at the top-->You need enough extra at the top to be able to close it like the pink one but with less concern for stuff leaking down on your head.
9. grab the edge like you did before and roll.  if you left enough room in the pink one you shouldn't have to worry about leaving room in the clear one -- the more snug to the pink one the better. 
10. once rolled up, let go of the curtain and slide out. 
11. tape the edge of the curtain to the curtain same as you did for the pink one.
12. cut arm holes in the clear one where they line up with the armholes in the pink one.
13. HELPFUL TIP: I found it helped keep everything aligned at this point to tape the bottom of both shower curtains together.  the clear one should be able to fold inside the pink one with those couple of inches the clear one overhangs the pink one-->another reason less room is used at the top of the clear one.
14. get back into the tubes SHORTLY BEFORE YOU PLAN TO WEAR THIS OUT.  if you do this next part too early like several hours early, the shaving cream doesn't hold up as well as you'd like.  the pink one should be closed and the clear one open. 
15. shake up the shaving cream well.  while looking in the mirror so you can see where it's going and filling up, spray the entire can through the top of the clear tube.  you want to get a good even coverage on the top of the pink shower curtain == this is why it's important to seal it well.  there will probably be some oozing down between the shower curtains so sealing it at the bottom (step 13) is highly recommended.
16. Gently fold over the top of the clear shower curtain without crushing the foam.  try to keep the edges from sticking out.  tape down the top.

YOU SHOULD NOW BE A FRESHLY USED CONDOM THAT'S SO FRESH IT HASN'T BEEN REMOVED YET.

took me about 30 minutes to put together.  was well worth it  based on the reactions I got.
This is beautiful. Thank you.
If you do this, post a picture if you can.  would love to see how close you come (no pun intended) to my original version. 

one other note to help you out -- when you turn it inside out to cut the armholes, tape along the edge on the inside as well.  this will secure the inside from unraveling.  usually taping both curtains together along the bottom takes care of this but taping on the inside add a bit of stability to the costume

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Groucho Marx as a 4th grader

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Hunter S Thompson
was fun just talking like him for a night.

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 03:52:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

As in you were a fourth grader at the time or you were portraying Groucho as a fourth grader?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Haven't done a costume in decades, but back in the 80's (in my 20's) my 2 best friends and I did a few theme costumes.  My favorite was the Andrews Sisters.  We were hairy and motley in appearance so the matching makeshift costumes were pretty funny (at least to us, and moreso after beer).  It was actually a blast finding blue matching blue skirts that fit each of our varied body shapes, and army style hats and shoes.  Army/Navy store worked well for us, and Goodwill outlet too. 

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

As in you were a fourth grader at the time or you were portraying Groucho as a fourth grader?
Exactly...glad someone caught the joke.  I was in 4th grade is the answer to that, but hopefully everyone has heard the classic "I saw an elephant in my pajamas" joke which prompted me to write it that way.

It was an odd costume for a 4th grader.  I even had the cigar.

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
In early college I went as Superman one time. At the time I had the red speedo and blue running tights so it was an easy one to do. My girlfriend went as a prostitute. We thought it was a funny combination, Superman and a prostitute.

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Remember those Billy Jack movies in the 70's?? I dress like him and acted like him..the man was so cool!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Last night, I was Rufio from Hook. hahaha

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
These ideas are all hilarious ;D.  Unfortunately, Halloween pretty much blows as a holiday in my experience, with the most noteworthy memory being our neighbors smashing our mailbox in with a metal baseball bat for two years in a row, lol.  I pretty much personify the shirt that says, "this is my costume," lol ;D.  I just have a question for you guys - how does Halloween work at college?  My limited understanding is that there are often contests and themes, like one year every girl goes as some kind of risky business thing, but that's all I know.  Is it one of those things where the beautiful people get invited, but can only go if they're wearing some dumb outfit that is out of their control?  I've probably just seen too many weird halloween episodes of various shows over the years, and I was only invited to one party in 2nd grade or thereabouts lol, although I have no idea why, because I knew everybody and always had a lot of friends.  Sigh.  Maybe it's because I don't live in, or near, a neighborhood.  Our street is a shortcut to the highway, and we get all comers lol, so I wouldn't exactly advise walking on it at night, haha. 

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
And one year I went around with a video camera and taped "Girls Gone Wild Camera Man" to my shirt and and hat...That was a fun year.

You, sir, are the smartest man in the universe.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale