Author Topic: Barkley demands less Lakers game on national TV. I like it. (SBNation link)  (Read 3457 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I liked his line about celebrities at Laker games (paraphrased) "First game they got all these celebrities, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, the great Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington...by the end of the season they just gonna have Pee-Wee Herman and Carrot Top!"

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Eff that. I want to watch the Lakers lose on national television as often as possible.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Eff that. I want to watch the Lakers lose on national television as often as possible.

It will be kinda fun to see when Kobe finally snaps completely.   That team is an absolute dumpster fire meets train wreck.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
In a bizarro world kind of way the number of national tv appearances is actually an advantage for them.  Their draft pick is top 5 protected which means they'll have to be really bad (which they are) to get anything.  Better teams can sometimes get overconfident when playing a weak opponent and end up losing.  If they're on national tv though, those teams will  be ready to go even if they are playing an incredibly inferior opponent.

I just want to see kobe score a lot of points on <40% shooting and the lakers lose.

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
I liked his line about celebrities at Laker games (paraphrased) "First game they got all these celebrities, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, the great Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington...by the end of the season they just gonna have Pee-Wee Herman and Carrot Top!"

Ya, I died laughing after hearing him say that. Chuck is awesome.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd expect them to drop some Lakers games as the year goes on.

They usually do so when one of their favourite teams ends up being worse than they expected.

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Lakers =

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Funny thread and funny comments too.

Their threads are in turmoil .

Fact is ...Mitch and Jeanie SOLD out the Lakers fans ......to Please the MONEY people.    .....he resigned Kobe to keep the huge TV contract LA signed all good .   It was more important to have a star for fans to watch than trade him off like we did with Pierce and start over.  Know full well long as Kobe is there , the rebuild will be postponed.

Fans are already starting to turn on Kobe and the Buss 's.

The wrong path was choose .   

Lakers basketball is much uglier than Celtics was last year ...at least we were competitive most night s losing many by less than five points.

I think Mitch will be fired , and  Scott too ......the fan faith in the FO has dropped to near nothing .....Lakers FO will need to dump them and start over to save face.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
For Halloween...

Lakers will dress up as a basketball team.  :)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Funny thread and funny comments too.

Their threads are in turmoil .

Fact is ...Mitch and Jeanie SOLD out the Lakers fans ......to Please the MONEY people.    .....he resigned Kobe to keep the huge TV contract LA signed all good .   It was more important to have a star for fans to watch than trade him off like we did with Pierce and start over.  Know full well long as Kobe is there , the rebuild will be postponed.

Fans are already starting to turn on Kobe and the Buss 's.

The wrong path was choose .   

Lakers basketball is much uglier than Celtics was last year ...at least we were competitive most night s losing many by less than five points.

I think Mitch will be fired , and  Scott too ......the fan faith in the FO has dropped to near nothing .....Lakers FO will need to dump them and start over to save face.

The difference between Pierce and Garnett vs. Kobe was that we didn't have cap flexibility plus multiple players (including them) in multi-year deals.

Lakers have a lot of cap flexibility, with or without Kobe. They don't need to trade him to rebuild, we did.

So it's really not that big of a deal that they signed Kobe and didn't trade him.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Disagree.

How else would i see the Lakers implode and Kobe goes absolute nuts because he's not winning?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

to which Pee Wee replied "you've got a better chance seeing me back in a p0rno movie theater than at a Lakers game."

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The only way that Kobe's contract/presence isn't setting their rebuild back a full two years is if you assume they would be unable to land any free agents of note regardless of the additional cap space or profile that'd have been available if Kobe wasn't still there

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Yeah, that was great ;D, but the comment that I particularly enjoyed was when Barkley spoke of the officials as, "the 3 blind mice," ;D ;D when they were discussing the updated replay system.  That's straight out of Tommy's playbook, lol ;D.  Perhaps Tommy should give Chuck an honorary Tommy Point ;D.