Author Topic: Who else saw Lebron's debut?  (Read 8136 times)

Who else saw Lebron's debut?
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:10:24 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
That game was hilarious.  1/9 in the first half?  Really?  Now that's the Lebron I know and love lol ;D.  I especially enjoyed his 8 turnovers and air ball on a turn-around jumper.  Unbelievable.  The only guy who really showed up was Love, and he was great, but everyone else was crap ;D.  Good for the Knicks, and tomorrow's game between the Bulls and Cavs should be even more interesting now.  Muahaha ;D.  I know that it's only one game and that Cleveland will be one of the best teams in the league this year, but let me have this one for tonight ;D.  Thanks Lebron! 

Re: Who else saw Lebron's debut?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:27:56 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Yeah. LeBron is taking on a huge load there. For the first night anyway looks like it got to him. It's going yo be very hard for him, the weight of the whole city / state. If things go poorly it could be kind of ugly. But it's only 1 game.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:42:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think he'll be okay.  Heard he is a pretty good player.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Celtics shoot 55% in a route... LeBron looks mortal.  Welcome to the first week of the NBA season... bizarro-land.  Blink and the Cavs will be dominating the NBA while the Celtics toil away at the bottom of the standings.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 12:26:22 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
It wasn't even that they lost, it was that they lost to a Knicks team that looked pathetic at home against the Bulls and didn't really even look good for most of this game.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 12:31:44 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Celtics shoot 55% in a route... LeBron looks mortal.  Welcome to the first week of the NBA season... bizarro-land.  Blink and the Cavs will be dominating the NBA while the Celtics toil away at the bottom of the standings.

I know, which is why we should enjoy this as much as we can ;D.  I've never thought of Lebron as immortal, though.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 12:57:39 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Jesus, what is the pleasure in this?
Do people here even like basketball, or is it just some localized, mob mentality chest-puffing?
How, if you like the game of basketball, do you not like watching LeBron play? Dude had a bad game and it all of a sudden makes you feel like a million bucks. Guess what? I root for The Celtics. I also think watching LeBron play is amazingly fun. The petty hatred is sad and seems antithetical to why anyone would enjoy watching basketball.
Have fun gloating. What it is based in, I can't relate to. I fail to see how you get so much pleasure out of that.
To me, you like basketball or don't. The regional, taking all my self worth out of hating a guy who wears a different jersey stuff just seems like schoolyard b.s. I find it hard to fathom how someone who enjoys the game of basketball would hate LeBron James. Not surprised that it exists but glad it ain't my mindset. 

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 01:11:49 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Lol
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 01:13:03 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Do people here even like basketball, or is it just some localized, mob mentality chest-puffing?
How, if you like the game of basketball, do you not like watching LeBron play? Dude had a bad game and it all of a sudden makes you feel like a million bucks. Guess what? I root for The Celtics. I also think watching LeBron play is amazingly fun. The petty hatred is sad and seems antithetical to why anyone would enjoy watching basketball.
Have fun gloating. What it is based in, I can't relate to. I fail to see how you get so much pleasure out of that.
To me, you like basketball or don't. The regional, taking all my self worth out of hating a guy who wears a different jersey stuff just seems like schoolyard b.s. I find it hard to fathom how someone who enjoys the game of basketball would hate LeBron James. Not surprised that it exists but glad it ain't my mindset.

Help me here but where does not liking a particular player equate to not liking the whole sport? Everyone has a right to root for, not like, despise...whatever, whomever they choose? If you root for Lebron to fail means you don't like or appreciate the entire sport of basketball? 

LMBO...Unbelievable the pair on some people.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 01:17:33 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

Help me here but where does not liking a particular player equate to not liking the whole sport? Everyone has a right to root for, not like, despise...whatever, whomever they choose? If you root for Lebron to fail means you don't like or appreciate the entire sport of basketball? 

Didn't you get the memo? LeBron James IS the game of basketball and how dare us lowly Celtics fans talk down to the king??

Also, being competitive and disliking your team's rivals are so not what sports are about. Let's all just hold hands and sing together instead.

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 01:22:17 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I think the biggest issue is that we are all forced to "witness" this outrageous circus that follows Lebron. It's not just the media.. I mean, his PR team creates this absurd image for him, and then the hype outweighs his talent/career (which is a shame because he definitely is GREAT, but they don't want you to have to find out for yourself).

I don't know if you saw the game, but the commercials were ridiculous. That gym workout "adult film looking thing" was awkward as heck. So self indulgent.

He was called "king" for about 8 or 9 years before he won anything. I think a lot of people are just sick of the hype

Edit: whoops, didn't know that word isn't allowed. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:27:45 AM by GratefulCs »
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 01:25:31 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
^ with regards to Dino
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 01:26:30 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Exactly. And I swear he has like four or five commercials that run continuously throughout the day.  Just the worshipping of him I can't stand.

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 01:30:06 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
Exactly. And I swear he has like four or five commercials that run continuously throughout the day.  Just the worshipping of him I can't stand.

And to me, the crazy thing is that I think those commercials were actually for a product! Lordy, I saw them a few times, and i have no idea what they were trying to sell..  Other than, of course, lebrons new image
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

Didn't you get the memo? LeBron James IS the game of basketball and how dare us lowly Celtics fans talk down to the king??

Also, being competitive and disliking your team's rivals are so not what sports are about. Let's all just hold hands and sing together instead.

Go Sports Team!!!!
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;