Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 11/1/14  (Read 86656 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 10/31/14
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 06:49:03 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I heard when you ignore things that is when they punch you hardest. Anyway, BOLD PREDICTIONS: Daryl Morey waves at someone on the Cs staff and the resultant trade rumours overshadow a pretty good basketball game, Rondo hits more 3s than James Harden, and Kelly Olynyk gets a 20-10 double double.
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 11/1/14
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11820
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
OP, I think you have the date wrong in the thread title. The game is on Saturday the 1st of November, right?
Thanks, and a TP for catching that for me. 

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Let's just hope Rondo start to buy into the system and stop walking up the court and pounding the ball

So what you're telling us is that Rondo's showing on Wednesday has been wiped from your brain completely.

Rondo did pound the ball some on Wednesday. Not very bad but he did a few times. Thing is it can cause players to stop moving and force them wait for Rondo and react to him. He then has to create instead of just moving the ball till space is created.
Thing is, it's not only Rondo's fault if he appears to be pounding the ball (which I frankly didn't see much of).  He also has lesser talent teammates now compared to a few years ago. I do not expect him to take a risk on dumping it in to these guys if he doesn't have confidence they can do something with it.  Any shot-creators like Paul Pierce around? No. Any brilliant high percentages shooters like Ray Allen coming off screens? No. Any big targets who can catch it in the high post and bury an 18-footer like KG?  No.

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Let's just hope Rondo start to buy into the system and stop walking up the court and pounding the ball

So what you're telling us is that Rondo's showing on Wednesday has been wiped from your brain completely.

Rondo did pound the ball some on Wednesday. Not very bad but he did a few times. Thing is it can cause players to stop moving and force them wait for Rondo and react to him. He then has to create instead of just moving the ball till space is created.
Thing is, it's not only Rondo's fault if he appears to be pounding the ball (which I frankly didn't see much of).  He also has lesser talent teammates now compared to a few years ago. I do not expect him to take a risk on dumping it in to these guys if he doesn't have confidence they can do something with it.  Any shot-creators like Paul Pierce around? No. Any brilliant high percentages shooters like Ray Allen coming off screens? No. Any big targets who can catch it in the high post and bury an 18-footer like KG?  No.

TP. Crucifying Rondo for not passing within three dribbles every so often labors under the assumption of 100% efficiency out of Stevens' offense. I don't even think the Spurs' offense can reach that level of offensive harmony, hence why Tony Parker is sometimes criticized for dribbling the ball for too long/with purposelessness.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Olynyk vs Howard is a perfect example of how we need a real center.  I love Olynyk's game, but [dang] that is not a good match up for us

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Brad will have to have a good plan .....to pull this hat trick off.

But I ve seen bigger upsets .........like Knicks beating Cavs......we beat Heat last year with the Jeff Green prayer .

Go Green !

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 03:42:15 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

So you have to be a hall a famer to get the ball quickly? Again most of those excuses only happen because Rondo is dominating the ball. Most of preseason this team kept moving and passing. Rondo is here and it can become, "I'll pass when I feel you are open so keep running around in circles". Rondo needs to be quicker in getting guys involved don't wait. Even when in a half court set move quickly as if it was still a fast break. Pace, passing, space and motion are key for this team. Not one guy trying to control everything.

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 03:58:38 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I wonder if other teams best players get as much criticism as Rondo does.....

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 08:00:09 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

So you have to be a hall a famer to get the ball quickly? Again most of those excuses only happen because Rondo is dominating the ball. Most of preseason this team kept moving and passing. Rondo is here and it can become, "I'll pass when I feel you are open so keep running around in circles". Rondo needs to be quicker in getting guys involved don't wait. Even when in a half court set move quickly as if it was still a fast break. Pace, passing, space and motion are key for this team. Not one guy trying to control everything.
What about the other 4 guys being quicker getting a set started? Guys getting to the right spots or getting open? Rondo getting a good screen earlier?
You make it sound as if Rondo controls the entire team on offense.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 08:17:43 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Seeing  lines of Celtics as 8-11 point underdogs . 

Rockets threads or fans  have them pounding us by 18 or 20 .

Brad usually does good when he has a couple days to prepare .

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Heart says Celtics by three. Head says Rockets by at least 10.

I cannot think of a positive outcome for matching up with Howard.

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »

Offline Bane032

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
On which website can I track tonight Boston Celtics stream Hunter can not?

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 10:56:45 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
On which website can I track tonight Boston Celtics stream Hunter can not?

I'm not sure but I think asking is against the forum rules but I'll PM you the website I watch all non televised games on.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No Parsons, Lin or Asik. Rockets lost a lot of depth there.  Ariza? Maybe seen his better days already.  Attack Harden and his matador defense.

Ariza is only 29 and a better fit than Parsons was. In 2 games, granted it's just 2 games, he's averaged nearly 20 ppg on some blistering shooting.

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 11:11:49 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
It's games like these when I miss KG. Just love seeing him expose Dwight mentally     ;D
I trust Danny Ainge