Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 11/1/14  (Read 87388 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 11/1/14
« Reply #480 on: November 02, 2014, 01:04:32 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Law of averages.  A game like this was obviously going to happen after the ridiculousness of Game 1

Games like this happen more frequently with teams who are so dependent on 3 point shot.

Good nights generate big highs but bad nights lead to ugly lows.
You gotta get use to this, though... OUr system is all about sharing the ball and sharing the shot attempts.  It's cute, but this is the NBA... none of our guys are consistent shooters.  Olynyk is probably the best of the bunch and he's a borderline NBA starter.  Tonight he was limited by foul trouble... rest of those guys are going to clang em pretty often... or you'll have games like the Nets game where they just collectively shoot out of their butts.  That's not going to happen often.

Pretty much.  That article on the front page entitled, "Celtics have the best offense in the league," looks even more ridiculous now, haha ;D.  Oh well, at least it's amusing ;D.

I don't think the Celtics will have the worst offense in the league.

« Reply #481 on: November 02, 2014, 01:13:52 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Law of averages.  A game like this was obviously going to happen after the ridiculousness of Game 1
There is no such law.

What happened is we played at home against a bad team in game 1 and played on the road against a good team in game 2.

« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2014, 02:22:33 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Games like this happen more frequently with teams who are so dependent on 3 point shot.

You gotta get use to this, though... OUr system is all about sharing the ball and sharing the shot attempts.  It's cute, but this is the NBA... none of our guys are consistent shooters.  Olynyk is probably the best of the bunch and he's a borderline NBA starter.  Tonight he was limited by foul trouble... rest of those guys are going to clang em pretty often... or you'll have games like the Nets game where they just collectively shoot out of their butts.  That's not going to happen often.

Olynyk is not really a consistent shooter. The Celtics have reliable shooters, they're not going 1 for 23 all the time.

Not only won't it happen all the time, it probably won't happen again until sometime in the 2020s. 

This was an abberation.  Pure and simple.  I don't know what we'll shoot for the season from long range, but I know with 99.9999% certainty that it will be well above 5%. 

36% is infinitely more likely. 

That's the good news.  They've got to put this game behind them, and keep shooting the ball. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #483 on: November 02, 2014, 02:38:18 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Olynyk is not really a consistent shooter. The Celtics have reliable shooters, they're not going 1 for 23 all the time.

Not only won't it happen all the time, it probably won't happen again until sometime in the 2020s. 

This was an abberation.  Pure and simple.  I don't know what we'll shoot for the season from long range, but I know with 99.9999% certainty that it will be well above 5%. 

That's the good news.  They've got to put this game behind them, and keep shooting the ball.
some were wide open too
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #484 on: November 02, 2014, 02:47:42 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

some were wide open too

60 points in the paint, 10 turnovers, Harden-happy refs...Putting this game in the "Didn't go in the hole" category and moving on.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #485 on: November 02, 2014, 03:08:00 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

some were wide open too

60 points in the paint, 10 turnovers, Harden-happy refs...Putting this game in the "Didn't go in the hole" category and moving on.

Plus, the scheduling was weird, imo.  I can't remember the last time we had opening night followed by a two-day rest before our second game.  Usually by now we'd have played our 3rd game in 4 nights, lol ;D.  Maybe they all ate too much at that dinner, who knows? ;D  Regardless, we sucked.  I don't see us beating the Mavs on Monday, though, if for no other reason than the fact that they have so much more offensive firepower than we do.  Oh well, at least KG had a great game tonight :).

« Reply #486 on: November 02, 2014, 05:53:48 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
MIssed the game.

Can we chalk this one up to a great developmental experience:  Our bigs getting a nice look at playing DH, and the wings getting their first real look at an NBA-office darling in Harden?

I'm imagining they have some great tape to look at in practice...ugh, the bright side...ugh...

« Reply #487 on: November 02, 2014, 11:11:11 AM »

Offline andegram

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
No commitment to up tempo from the first minute and no movement of ball or player. I could be wrong but it is a lot easier to guard someone when they are standing still. Yes Houston is a better team but if you are going to lose by 14 make it 124-110.