Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 11/1/14  (Read 87429 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 11/1/14
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 11:12:45 AM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
On which website can I track tonight Boston Celtics stream Hunter can not?

I'm not sure but I think asking is against the forum rules but I'll PM you the website I watch all non televised games on.
NBA league pass is free for the first week. 

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 11:16:50 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I wonder if other teams best players get as much criticism as Rondo does.....

He gets too much criticism from us C's fans. I know it was just one game, but how could you not be at least somewhat excited after that Brooklyn game? For the most part, he played within the flow and made everyone around him better.   
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 11:19:49 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The "Rondo pounds the ball too much" arguments are reaching the levels of absurdity.  Now, apparently, he's not allowed to dribble the ball at all or wait for a teammate to get open?  If the ball's not out of his hands the moment he gets into the front court, he's being an egotistical, ball-stopping, stats hog?

It's truly silly. 

Rondo ran coach Stevens' offense brilliantly in the first game of the season.  He beautifully point-guarded the heck out of that offense.

Let's hope he (and all his teammates) can keep it up when they face better defenses.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »

Offline Bane032

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I'm not from America, I'm from Serbia and I do not have these television channels, so I have to find that I look at internetu.Pa can someone please tell me on which site to watch?

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2014, 11:35:52 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
On which website can I track tonight Boston Celtics stream Hunter can not?

I'm not sure but I think asking is against the forum rules but I'll PM you the website I watch all non televised games on.
NBA league pass is free for the first week.

Oh yea you're right.  Thanks for reminding me

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Rockets (2-0) Game #2 10/31/14
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Let's just hope Rondo start to buy into the system and stop walking up the court and pounding the ball

So what you're telling us is that Rondo's showing on Wednesday has been wiped from your brain completely.

Rondo did pound the ball some on Wednesday. Not very bad but he did a few times. Thing is it can cause players to stop moving and force them wait for Rondo and react to him. He then has to create instead of just moving the ball till space is created.
Thing is, it's not only Rondo's fault if he appears to be pounding the ball (which I frankly didn't see much of).  He also has lesser talent teammates now compared to a few years ago. I do not expect him to take a risk on dumping it in to these guys if he doesn't have confidence they can do something with it.  Any shot-creators like Paul Pierce around? No. Any brilliant high percentages shooters like Ray Allen coming off screens? No. Any big targets who can catch it in the high post and bury an 18-footer like KG?  No.
So you have to be a hall a famer to get the ball quickly? Again most of those excuses only happen because Rondo is dominating the ball. Most of preseason this team kept moving and passing. Rondo is here and it can become, "I'll pass when I feel you are open so keep running around in circles". Rondo needs to be quicker in getting guys involved don't wait. Even when in a half court set move quickly as if it was still a fast break. Pace, passing, space and motion are key for this team. Not one guy trying to control everything.
What about the other 4 guys being quicker getting a set started? Guys getting to the right spots or getting open? Rondo getting a good screen earlier?
You make it sound as if Rondo controls the entire team on offense.
Again they did fine moving the ball in preseason. Rondo isn't a bad player. He just needs to let go of the old style of play.

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I'm not from America, I'm from Serbia and I do not have these television channels, so I have to find that I look at internetu.Pa can someone please tell me on which site to watch?

DO NOT SHARE COPYRIGHTED STREAMS.eu
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2014, 02:07:53 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
its a pain to watch the Rockets even  in houston ::) ::) :o :o because comcast has the games blacked out if you don't have Comcast.

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
@SherrodbCSN
Rondo on how to slow a team like the #Rockets down? "Put them against a team like the #Celtics." Gotta love the confidence. #Celticstalk

He's back alright ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Just realized how painfully annoying this game could potentially be..  Harden getting at least half of his points at the line.. Ugh 

Hopefully we continue to just play smart basketball
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 02:35:10 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Let's just hope Rondo start to buy into the system and stop walking up the court and pounding the ball

So what you're telling us is that Rondo's showing on Wednesday has been wiped from your brain completely.

Rondo did pound the ball some on Wednesday. Not very bad but he did a few times. Thing is it can cause players to stop moving and force them wait for Rondo and react to him. He then has to create instead of just moving the ball till space is created.
Thing is, it's not only Rondo's fault if he appears to be pounding the ball (which I frankly didn't see much of).  He also has lesser talent teammates now compared to a few years ago. I do not expect him to take a risk on dumping it in to these guys if he doesn't have confidence they can do something with it.  Any shot-creators like Paul Pierce around? No. Any brilliant high percentages shooters like Ray Allen coming off screens? No. Any big targets who can catch it in the high post and bury an 18-footer like KG?  No.
So you have to be a hall a famer to get the ball quickly? Again most of those excuses only happen because Rondo is dominating the ball. Most of preseason this team kept moving and passing. Rondo is here and it can become, "I'll pass when I feel you are open so keep running around in circles". Rondo needs to be quicker in getting guys involved don't wait. Even when in a half court set move quickly as if it was still a fast break. Pace, passing, space and motion are key for this team. Not one guy trying to control everything.
What about the other 4 guys being quicker getting a set started? Guys getting to the right spots or getting open? Rondo getting a good screen earlier?
Again they did fine moving the ball in preseason. Rondo isn't a bad player. He just needs to let go of the old style of play.
well said, you can't just hold the ball and stand on top of the key and yelling other people to run

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
@SherrodbCSN
Rondo on how to slow a team like the #Rockets down? "Put them against a team like the #Celtics." Gotta love the confidence. #Celticstalk

He's back alright ;D

<3
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

How the heck did the Celtics score 121 points in their last game???

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

well said, you can't just hold the ball and stand on top of the key and yelling other people to run

You do understand some plays start with the PG initiating the play at the top of the key?
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

You do understand some plays start with the PG initiating the play at the top of the key?

Absolutely but it shouldn't require a PG dribbling 7-10sec off the clock at the top of the key (unless C's are clock killing with a big lead). This is suppose to be a fast pace ball movement team.