Poll

How many games do C's win in '14 - '15?  Where are you at mentally?

Full on Kool-aid 50 +
9 (20.5%)
Don't Bogart that 40-50
6 (13.6%)
Cock-eyed optimist: 30-40
21 (47.7%)
Trying to temper expectations:  20-30
7 (15.9%)
Debbie Downer: Less than 20
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 01, 2014, 05:51:37 PM

Author Topic: The One Game Over-reaction Temperature Check (Humor)  (Read 4647 times)

Re: The One Game Over-reaction Temperature Check (Humor)
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Please do not compare KO to Bird. That makes my stomach turn, Bird was one of the top players to ever play, and was basically like a 6'9 point guard. That is all. lol

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 03:23:01 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Please do not compare KO to Bird. That makes my stomach turn, Bird was one of the top players to ever play, and was basically like a 6'9 point guard. That is all. lol

Yeah, well KO is basically like a 7´0 point guard ;)

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It's Kelly Olynyk's world.

We are all just living in it.

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 03:25:57 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
It's Kelly Olynyk's world.

We are all just living in it.

;D

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The boogeyman checks under his bed every night to make sure the Celtics aren't there.

I think he is checking to make sure Marcus Smart isn't there.

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
so so sick of the national nitwits and the local nitwits  EWP you put KO in the same sentence as Larry Legend You my friend get a Tommy Point 82-0

Speaking of Larry Legend and KO.  Maybe my eyes deceived me, but I thought I saw KO make a Larry-type move going to the hoop...He was driving the lane on the right and I believe he was about to put the ball off to his left hand.  Then, reversed direction and continued right to the hoop uncontested.  Anyone recall the play?  Maybe it was less remarkable than I thought.  None-the-less I was as baffled as the defender who went for the apparent fake.

It was Kelly's most memorable play of the night as he showed something I haven't seen from him before.  He really does need to get more craft/tricky with the ball in his hands to mask his slowness and weakness.   Bird was so in control and so unlikely to lose the ball going to the hoop -- partially because he had such great ball control, but also because he was unpredictable with the ball in his hands.  Kelly tends to telegraph his moves to the hoop giving defenders time to sight the ball and make a move to contact the ball.  He needs to be able to move the ball while he's in flight keeping defenders wary of passes or varied shot possibilities.  The move that you refer to involved a good initial fake as well as a second move with the ball in his hands in the paint.  Good to see.

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What about Boston fans chanting KG when KO and him got tangled up in the game?   It was a great game from him and the fans supported KG in that fight.

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:21 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
What about Boston fans chanting KG when KO and him got tangled up in the game?   It was a great game from him and the fans supported KG in that fight.

Oh come on, after what KG did for the C`s he can do no wrong in the garden. Kells is barely out of the rookie status.

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 05:27:23 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!

KG will go into the HOF wearing green it's no surprise. Dude bleeds green.

As for the team, I thought 35-40 wins before the season and nothing has changed yet. This team has plenty of young talent and good coaching.

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 06:40:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
8 guys with hall of fame potential let's go banner 18. Oh wait that was 8 guys scoring ten points or more vs Nets. Maybe we win 30 games.

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I just got off the phone with my bookie, I've got the Celtics over the Spurs in five.

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Yeah, well KO is basically like a 7´0 point guard ;)
A 7'0" point guard who plays like Larry bird!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Has anyone ever spotted the 95-96 Bulls and this year's Celtics roster in the same place?

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 08:34:19 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I just got off the phone with my bookie, I've got the Celtics over the Spurs in five.

Same here. My bookie represents the agency Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:46:41 PM by gpap »

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 09:05:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
so so sick of the national nitwits and the local nitwits  EWP you put KO in the same sentence as Larry Legend You my friend get a Tommy Point 82-0

Speaking of Larry Legend and KO.  Maybe my eyes deceived me, but I thought I saw KO make a Larry-type move going to the hoop...He was driving the lane on the right and I believe he was about to put the ball off to his left hand.  Then, reversed direction and continued right to the hoop uncontested.  Anyone recall the play?  Maybe it was less remarkable than I thought.  None-the-less I was as baffled as the defender who went for the apparent fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQjPvnsfPy0 @ 1:26?

Haha ....did you see KG scratch his head after KO faked out three Bet players to get to the rim?