Author Topic: Highlights of KO, Smart and Rondo vs. Nets  (Read 6307 times)

Highlights of KO, Smart and Rondo vs. Nets
« on: October 30, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Looked like he was playing back the same way he was in Gonzaga.  He set like a hundred picks upsetting KG, outran the nets bigs for a few nice transition baskets and just looked more decisive and aggressive more than usual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_NRNNk5Bos

He was taking the ball away like a bully taking candy from child at times.  It's been a while i've seen a guy able to swat/steal balls away so cleanly. Like BS said, when the game went sour, injecting MS in the lineup stopped the bleeding. On the offensive end he didn't jack up too many threes also and made a few nice layups which was good to see. Only the beginning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dpOpIYoLLg

He played more uptempo basketball , made a few nice fastbreak passes and also drove by his man to score some acrobatic layups.  Something Rivers and coaching staff wasn't able to do in the past was improve on Rondo's shooting mechanics.   The few shots he took last night, his form looks like it has improved. Less arm action and more wrist.  Quicker release. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RkQSnXl5V0

No Brad Stevens highlights but he deserves alot of credit also.  He has improved as a coach from his rookie year.  He has become tougher and more decisive as to what he wants to see on both ends of the floor. Also he is not going to please everyone this season and he shouldn't have to.  Gerald Wallace didn't play a min and it doesn't look like he will be complaining about playing time (he will get min when the team is struggling/behind, energy is needed). 

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:23:44 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Highlights of KO, Smart and Rondo vs. Nets
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I like what I saw from Kelly, but I would like to see him go stronger at the hoop at times.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I really liked Olynyk's attitude against the Nets bigs.  He still wasn't strong enough to avoid getting pushed around at times, but he didn't LET them push him around, if that makes sense.  Especially liked the sequence KG slapping his hand off and Kelly continuing to apply it.  He'll never be a tough guy but tenacious and persistent are a good start.

Smart looked like we expected - not too much on O but terrific on D with great energy.  Still don't like him as the primary ballhandler, but I think he'll get there.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Tp for the link.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I like what I saw from Kelly, but I would like to see him go stronger at the hoop at times.

I agree. 

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Kelley's drive to the basket was Birdesque

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I really liked Olynyk's attitude against the Nets bigs.  He still wasn't strong enough to avoid getting pushed around at times, but he didn't LET them push him around, if that makes sense.  Especially liked the sequence KG slapping his hand off and Kelly continuing to apply it.  He'll never be a tough guy but tenacious and persistent are a good start.

Smart looked like we expected - not too much on O but terrific on D with great energy.  Still don't like him as the primary ballhandler, but I think he'll get there.

I agree.  He was mentally strong.  He didn't care if KG was slapping his hands away on the offensive end or shoving him on the defensive end, he was focused on doing his job.

I actually enjoyed seeing him push Alan Anderson away when he was yapping in his face. 

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I can't tell you how thankful I am for those videos. I don't get to watch unless in prime time.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Great vids. Couldn't see the game sadly, but had confidence we'd take out the rapidly aging Nets. Love the outcome, the even distribution in scoring. Zeller short minutes but highly effective. Great having Rondo back and seeing that indeed, he and Smart can coexist and thrive. Avery back to his cutter mode. Love it. Kelly and Sully doing what they do. Turner. . .. keep it going. Green, same.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

He is slow in his drives and getting the ball to the hoop in close.  He may get craftier with the ball, but I'm not sure how much he can speed up or increase the power in his drives and shots at the hoop.

The other thing he needs offensively is a confident fallaway.  What he did at the buzzer falling back at the baseline is a shot that will be unstoppable if he can perfect the move.  He has Dirk's size and a pretty good shot (not as good as Dirk, but pretty good).  8-15 foot fallaways could be a huge weapon for him.   

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

He is slow in his drives and getting the ball to the hoop in close.  He may get craftier with the ball, but I'm not sure how much he can speed up or increase the power in his drives and shots at the hoop.

The other thing he needs offensively is a confident fallaway.  What he did at the buzzer falling back at the baseline is a shot that will be unstoppable if he can perfect the move.  He has Dirk's size and a pretty good shot (not as good as Dirk, but pretty good).  8-15 foot fallaways could be a huge weapon for him.

I know he is never going to be explosive, but he will be much more effective if he goes to the hoop with confidence and without hesitation. I'm not thinking about his drives so much, but when he gets the ball near the rim from a rebound or from a pass.  There were a couple of times last night where he made it more difficult for himself by being crafty rather than just going up strong.

I've seen him shoot and make the Dirk like midrange fallaway in one of the preseason games.  So I think it's something he is working on.

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He can only do fadeaways against shorter players.  He tries that against Dhoward or Anthony Davis and they will laugh first before swatting it to the stands.

Imo the way he is playing right now is near perfect to what he is capable of doing out there .  Running in transition, shooting threes, passing the ball, setting picks and on occasions driving in for layups, floaters. And as long as he doesn't get pushed around , boxes out on the defensive end (doesn't even have to grab all the rebounds),  he will be have a role with this team for a long time

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Is there video of the Oly/KG scuffle? I missed it.

Thanks for the highlights, btw.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Tp for the link.
seconded. great videos to relive the victory. thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 08:33:52 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Kelly should fix that habit of him making pump-fakes before shooting when no one is guarding him around. Aside from that, he showed good basketball and toughness when KG picks him for a fight.