Author Topic: Theories about on the Celtics season  (Read 581 times)

Theories about on the Celtics season
« on: October 30, 2014, 02:03:09 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
So I was at the game yesterday and this is totally based on 1st game and my observation in person vs watching on TV.

1. This team is young and looks like a very very good team when they are a run and gun team

2. Stevens went with a very very small lineup of Rondo/Bradley/Smart/Green/Olynyk and it was actually amazing. Don't have numbers but from what I can see that defense is amazing

2A. HOLY CRAP MARCUS SMART IS HUGE. I snapped a very blurry picture of Smart and Deron Williams during a timeout and Marcus is clearly a lot bigger, and wider than Deron. He may score 18-20 points yesterday but Marcus was giving him a very hard time. Smart can guard the 1 - 3. Small forwards depending on who the forward is but he can guard the average SF. He did an ok job on Joe Johnson in the post.

3. I don't think this team will have a 20ppg guy nor will this team have a go-to guy. The way I see it, in any given nights, a player can explode for 20. I think it's safe to say, Bradley/Green/Sully/Olynyk will all be anywhere between 12-16ppg with Jeff Green being the best offensive player among the 4 in my opinion.

4. There were LOTS of instances during the game where Smart bought the ball up when Rondo was on the floor. I believe if this works down the road, maybe 10-20 games or so, it might debunk the Rondo and Smart cannot co-exist part, because Smart and Rondo at the same time seems very good facilitating and keeping the offense going. It was beautiful I must say. Probably even put a lot of load off of Rondo, and you know what's funny, Rondo still got 12 assists. (I was yelling at my seat, STEVENS LET RONDO STAY AND GET A TRIPLE DOUBLE, guilt cuz I also have Rondo on my fantasy haha)

5. Sully is a very good post player

6. Kelly Olynyk has very good handles for a PF/Center (when he made that buzzer beater, I was playing around and yelled out "THAT'S THE NEXT DIRK NOWITZI")

7. Our bench, like our starting lineup, I feel is quite balanced. Not great, but ok. Smart, Thorton, Turner, Bass, the 4 of them looks like can explode for 20 off the bench for any given night. I lost count, but I think our bench scored like 40 pts. Any one of them is capable of scoring 10 a night, but say inconsistency, I feel the other bench player can step it up a bit

8. CELTICS BASKETBALL IS FINALLY BACK!