Author Topic: i don't give a rat's backside about.....  (Read 3639 times)

i don't give a rat's backside about.....
« on: October 30, 2014, 01:03:20 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
how many wins and losses there are this year,  you show me 81 more games like that and I am glued to my recliner for the year.  that was some good basketball!!!

please stick to this style of run and gun basketball and keep everybody healthy!!!

Re: i don't give a rat's backside about.....
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
As I keep saying, we may not be very good in the wins loss column, but at least we are going to young, athletic, and exciting, something we havent seen in quite sometime.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This team is going to be like Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Ups and downs and twists and turns all season.

They are actually pretty deep when you look at it. Most of the guys have started at some point on their former teams. You could see Stevens last night coaching the game like it was a hockey game, just subbing every 4 minutes and running like crazy. I think there was one stretch that he kept some guys in because they were clicking. I think he's still trying to see who works well with who right now, and I think he has some positives.

The biggest issue is the lack of a go to guy in the 4th. You could see it last night, the Nets started to hit some shots and Boston had a hard time getting buckets for a stretch. Plus Williams started to abuse Bradley and Rondo in the 4th. Smart actually played well on him and slowed him down. AB may be quick, but Smart is only a notch slower and a lot stronger, which helped him against Williams. Stevens is going to have to figure out a 4th quarter team to close games out.

Im on the fence with this team. I'd love to see if they could get into the playoffs and upset a team or two. but the logical part of me want's them in the lotto for one more year.

But last night was fun to watch, you can see Stevens style really coming out and translating well to the NBA.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 06:00:21 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
Screw the lottery, the lottery means losing games.  I truly believe in Sullinger's threes but in the fourth quarter I would have Sully glued underneath utilizing his strength and that baby hook shot.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 06:07:46 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
As I keep saying, we may not be very good in the wins loss column, but at least we are going to young, athletic, and exciting, something we havent seen in quite sometime.

Not awfully athletic.

But definitely skilled and savvy.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 06:11:07 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
The biggest issue is the lack of a go to guy in the 4th. You could see it last night, the Nets started to hit some shots and Boston had a hard time getting buckets for a stretch. Plus Williams started to abuse Bradley and Rondo in the 4th. Smart actually played well on him and slowed him down. AB may be quick, but Smart is only a notch slower and a lot stronger, which helped him against Williams. Stevens is going to have to figure out a 4th quarter team to close games out.

Yeah, I think that Smart's size definitely gives him an edge that Bradley doesn't have. Also, I know Stevens told Bradley to focus on defense again this season but I just don't see him being able to play balls out while still providing the offense the team needs from the position.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
im glued to my recliner anyway. why bother getting out? :)

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 09:18:16 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
This team is going to be like Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Ups and downs and twists and turns all season.

They are actually pretty deep when you look at it. Most of the guys have started at some point on their former teams. You could see Stevens last night coaching the game like it was a hockey game, just subbing every 4 minutes and running like crazy. I think there was one stretch that he kept some guys in because they were clicking. I think he's still trying to see who works well with who right now, and I think he has some positives.

Im on the fence with this team. I'd love to see if they could get into the playoffs and upset a team or two. but the logical part of me want's them in the lotto for one more year.

But last night was fun to watch, you can see Stevens style really coming out and translating well to the NBA.

Sully and KO both have decent go-to potential, because they can shoot, space, and pass. Though neither has yet been given that responsibility since college. I agree that Smart has some advantages over Rondo for being on the court in that situation, but neither is a prime last-minute shooter at this point. I'll consider Smart to be the team's 6th man, and any combination of KO, Sully and three of the remaining top 6 makes sense to me.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I agree lets keep pushing the pace and applying pressure on D. This style will give this team an identity. This is somewhat attune to the Dantoni run suns. The major difference I see between the suns running style and stevens is the defense. The Suns had more talent on offense but they where dominated by one way players and a one way coach. Everything was offense. This team isnt the suns on O but they also arnt the Suns on D. I love the fact that they are attacking teams on picks and really using their guard depth to pressure teams. Play this way for 82 games and this will be a fun season. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
You can't always shoot in the 60% bracket but the C's will need to play a good game today vs. the rockets. Houston is not Brooklyn and it will be very interesting seeing how Sully defends against Howard and also if Bradley and Smart can keep Harden at bay.

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
how many wins and losses there are this year,  you show me 81 more games like that and I am glued to my recliner for the year.  that was some good basketball!!!

please stick to this style of run and gun basketball and keep everybody healthy!!!

TP, brother.  Well said.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 05:14:13 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
All Sully has to do is push Howard away from the hoop.  And play him for the roll and let him force shots from to far away.  Like BBD did.  Then bring him outside while our cutters disassemble the rest of the defense.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
I thought this was gonna be a thread about LeBron.....cause I REALLY can't stand all this nonsense, they keep shoving down our throats.

But yeah---That was some Fun BB---Almost like Someone actually listened to Tommy Heinsohn...Brad Stevens was the Correct choice for this team....pretty happy right now.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'll watch, win or lose. Excited for tonight's game.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 06:46:22 PM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
I thought this was gonna be a thread about LeBron.....cause I REALLY can't stand all this nonsense, they keep shoving down our throats.

But yeah---That was some Fun BB---Almost like Someone actually listened to Tommy Heinsohn...Brad Stevens was the Correct choice for this team....pretty happy right now.

Do you work for ESPN? Can't go a thread now without his name being mentioned...
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses