Author Topic: Boston @ Dallas  (Read 3518 times)

Boston @ Dallas
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35
Anybody on the forum going to this game? I live about a hour and a half from the Mavericks and go to the Celtics game every year. I will be doing the same this year, and just wanted to see who all was going.

Re: Boston @ Dallas
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I go every year

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:53:33 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
What section are you in?

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
It usually depends on where my man can get me tix.  I think this year will be easy to get down front but when the Celts were good I had to sit with the Mavs Maniacs which made me feel like a Golden God because I'm 6'10 and in shape and those guys are ...a little less than in shape.  It was cool though because I was able to find some old school Reebok Pumps and I was getting props for rocking them with my old school Dee Brown jersey.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:53:46 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
Nice, I was able to get lower level seats for $60, and will be rocking my Rondo jersey. My buddy is going with me, and he is a huge MAVS fan.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:19 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I don't know if Dallas still has the same ticket policy, but I lived there from around '04 to '07 and they always had sweet ticket deals.

Every game, 2 hours before tip off, if you went to the box office, all unsold lower level single seats were $30 bucks, all upper bowl single seats were $5.  Problem is they won't sell you 2 together (single tickets only), but they would try to put you close together if you asked.  So me and my buddy would go down to games, and when we wanted to sit in the lower bowl they would put us as close as possible, maybe 1 row behind each other (like I'd be L11, and he'd be M12 or something like that, so it was still pretty easy to talk to each other), usually we'd be able to still sit together anyway because the seats next to us would be open.  The rest of the time we'd just buy $5 upper bowl tickets, and very easily find 2 seats together

As popular the Mavs were at this time, they never really sold out.  Never a problem finding 3-4 upper bowl seats together.  And the only time I remember no tickets being available for this deal in the regular season was when the Lakers came to town. 

If you haven't bought tickets yet, I'd definitely check this out.  Even if you have, I would go to the box office anyway and see if they still have this deal so you know for next time.

Remember when the Mavs gave free plane tickets to everybody in attendance?  Me and my buddy were in the building with $5 tickets.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:55:13 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 10:55:49 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
Mavs are well run so they probably still do that.  They always have something going on.

I actually don't mind the mavs because I live here but I still represent the C's when I go and a couple of years ago I was getting crap for ripping on Vince Carter because he was acting like he got shot every time he went to the hole. A cool guy there that you'll see from time to time is Darrell Armstrong.  If you see him he is always willing to shake hands and talk ball.  I believe he's working for them now. 

I'd say keep an eye out for me because I can usually tell people to look for the tall black guy in a basketball jersey but at a basketball game I lose my status.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 10:56:54 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I live in Keller but not going to the game.  I'd really rather watch it on tv.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I used to catch the game every year before I moved back.

The friggen music blaring while the ball is in play drives me absolutely nuts.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 03:27:10 AM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
Last year when I went I found out that if you enter through the team shop they let you in 30 minutes before anyone else. I was able to meet Bass, Bradley, Green, Sully, Joel, Babb, CJ, Rondo, and Bass, Sully and Babb were nice enough to take pictures with my son which Avery Bradley is his favorite player. So I'm hoping for more of the same luck this year.